[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Musicians of /mu/ Has drug use enhance you songwriting skills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: zDSxP1_LB6c.jpg (55KB, 538x604px) Image search: [Google]
zDSxP1_LB6c.jpg
55KB, 538x604px
Musicians of /mu/

Has drug use enhance you songwriting skills in anyway? What are your experiences with drugs and your music?
>>
The one time I tried to write a song while tripping was fucking awful. I couldn't even play a chord right.
Weed hasn't helped me with creativity either, if anything it blocks it.
>>
i recommend to fool with loops when you're smoking weed https://vomitheat666.bandcamp.com/album/r-m-x-r
>>
>>61985586
songwriting? no.
arranging and production? yes.
>>
>>61985586
Drugs ruin musicians and kill them

same for their creativity
>>
>>61985586
it's like a red bull for me. it helps when i need an extra push. but most of the time, i just write normally, i.e. get enough sleep at night.
>>
>>61985586
weed: makes me lazy
benzos: good for stage fright
uppers: amazing for getting work done, staying motivated
LSD: helps me write lyrics. creative effects last long after you've taken it
heroin: kills creative motivation
alcohol: no discernible effect
dissociatives: totally irrelevant....
>>
It's all in the vein of state-dependent recall. Feel free to write sober, drunk, high, going fast, leaning, whatever. ONLY trust your opinion of what you've written when you are not what you were when you wrote it.

If you wrote something stoned, listen to it sober the next morning.

If you wrote something when you were sober, get high and listen to it.

I know this view is shared by other musicians, both amateur and professional. It has served me well for the ten years I've spent attempting to perfect what I do.
>>
>>61985586
wrote a pretty decent song (pretty much about drugs) while on nbome after snorting adderall
>>
It helps me "jam" but if I'm on my own trying to write a song, I won't blaze unless I hit "writers block", at which point I'll blaze a very small amount.
>>
>before drugs
>songs are about a wide array of subjects

>after drugs
>songs are about drugs and getting high

don't do it OP
>>
i only really smoke pot and i don't reccomend smoking it to write. Smoking and jamming is fun, but trying to get something serious done well high is impossible.
>>
>>61985747

You can literally trace a timeline of every good band gradually turning to shit as they gradually got sober
>>
good thread
>>
Alcohol helps me write, but I can't be drunk. I'll just have 2 or 3 glasses of wine or shots and then I can write easily and it will be usable.
>>
>>61985586
100% necessary for improvising and live performing
The only drug that actually helps song writing is acid, it's very hit and miss
>>
i used to take ecstasy a lot, having taken it at all has given me insight into pleasure and and sensation (always was into Loveless, but after i started taking pills I kind of 'got' it more, all the textures and bendy shit is kind of how MD feels) and also horrible come downs are also a breddy good place to start songs.
>>
weed helps me play and write easier with emotion
vyvanse helps stay motivated to record
>>
different stuff works different for different people, that being said, abuse is always bad, moderation is major key
>>
File: o-HUNTER-S-THOMPSON-facebook.jpg (410KB, 2000x1344px) Image search: [Google]
o-HUNTER-S-THOMPSON-facebook.jpg
410KB, 2000x1344px
>>61985586
it hasnt helped me write music, but its helped me with my book. im writing about a savage journey to the heart of the american dream. my attorney and i take some psychedelics and cocaine, drive to vegas and report on this motorcycle race called the mint 500
>>
>>61987331
Hope you have a full suitcase of those. That is a bat county.
>>
>>61985820
good post, seriously, I do this often and it gives you different perspectives on your own music
>>
Me playing bass under the influence of massive amounts of the devil's lettuce.

Don't do drugs, kids.

http://youtu.be/kB215auzljQ
>>
nearly every nouns song has been written under the influence of at least two things at once. wish this was a joke but
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.