[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /mu/ feel about Taylor Swift? I remember some inter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1453533732485.jpg (259KB, 600x676px) Image search: [Google]
1453533732485.jpg
259KB, 600x676px
How does /mu/ feel about Taylor Swift?
I remember some interesting discussions when 1989 came out.
I love a lot of her songs, and she'smy celebrity crush, but I'm not a huge fan of 1989. lyrics are just as good as Red, but I hate that she sold out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1oM3kQpXRo
>>
M8 she sold out way before Red

I mean I'm not a fan, I mostly just consider her a fact of life like parking tickets or sports on TV in pubs.
>>
I really like Shake It Off and How You Get the Girl. The rest of 1989 is aight
>>
>>61978852
Yeah, I think Red is the only album that was actually her real style
>>
File: taytayaf.jpg (47KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
taytayaf.jpg
47KB, 600x600px
i miss abercrombie swift

should have stuck with country and nothing else.
>>
File: 004 (2).jpg (909KB, 2400x3600px) Image search: [Google]
004 (2).jpg
909KB, 2400x3600px
>>61979262
Then I would probably never heard of her and she would have already two kids with some handegg quarterback I also never heard of. And while I definitely enjoyed her image the most during SN and Red eras, 1989 is probably her best album to date.
>>
I used to be into her and participated in /tsg/ but I got bored of her around the time she released Shake It Off and announced 1989. She could've gone in an interesting, more mature direction after Red but she's just pandering now.
>>
>>61978249
she's a lesbian
>>
>>61980743
obviously

>that diet coke standing there for sponsoring purposes only
>>
>>61978249
She had sold out since the very beginning by making pop country. With 1989 she removed the country pretense and concentrated solely on what she did best.
>>
>>61980755
>dubs confirm
Memes aside if she was why wouldn't she just come out?
>>
>>61981215
too many conservative fans she would piss off
>>
Didn't like 1989 at first but it's defiantly grown on me. Red has some highlights but I think it tries to hard to be a concept album but ultimately lacks cohesion and direction. For an album about heartbreak, it just doesn't hit hard enough for me, and the lyrics aren't to par with Speak Now.

1989 has this great energy behind it. Felt like she's trying to avoid being pigeonholed into just being a country artist. She used it as an opportunity to get back at critics, parody herself, and just have fun. Reading into the album's backstory, it sounds like she had a great time making it.

And I don't really know if she 'sold out'. It's not like she hasn't always made very radio friendly pop music.
>>
File: 0311.jpg (2MB, 3200x2888px) Image search: [Google]
0311.jpg
2MB, 3200x2888px
>>61980736
/tsg/ was goat, so was TNESD on hr, it's a shame both went to shit and disappeared

>>61981281
>conservative
>promoter of feminism, wears skimpy outfits, friends with Lena Dunham and VS models
pick one, she's not 2009 Tay anymore

>>61981485
This, it's like you've read my mind, I wouldn't change a single word in your post.
>>
>>61980778

literally all mainstream country music these days is pop music with a refined plastic country sound added
>>
>>61981709
>>promoter of feminism, wears skimpy outfits, friends with Lena Dunham and VS models
>pick one, she's not 2009 Tay anymore
she does it in the most inoffensive way possible though, she's still trying extremely hard not to offend anyone
>>
>>61981738
Yup, and its ass. Electropop>>>>that trash any day
>>
>>61981709
>she's not 2009 Tay anymore

Nobody is as they were seven years ago.
>>
>>61981709
/tsg/ was such a comfy little community. Most of /mu/ was kind enough to just filter and ignore us instead try and ruin our fun.

>>61981738
Taylor seemed to have found something that worked. I guess not originally being from the south or country scene helped.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.