[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Albums That Changed Your Perception of Music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 12

File: TMR.jpg (40KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
TMR.jpg
40KB, 500x496px
Post albums that changed the way you see music. I want better perspective so I'd like the albums that changed your perception of music. I hope they'll change mine. Any genre.

Discuss the albums if you want.
>>
File: Kanyewest_collegedropout.jpg (58KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Kanyewest_collegedropout.jpg
58KB, 300x300px
Didn't really care for music before listening to this.
>>
>>61972813
don't post this album OP

there's an insecure redditor on the loose
>>
>>61972999
What in particular did you like?
>>
File: cover.jpg (1MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
1MB, 900x900px
I guess this album was the one that really made me pay attention to lyrics and emotion put into music. It really did a lot for me
>>
>>61973089
The consistancy.
Before listening to this I didn't really care for albums or music in general, but because I liked alot of Kanye songs I decided to listen to his albums, and because I enjoyed most songs on it I wanted to check out more stuff.
Say what you will about Kanye, but you can't deny that he's a very good entry level artist that still puts out good music (imo)
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 499x500px
Dead serious

In 10th grade this prompted me to start taking music seriously
>>
>>61973139
This is one of mine too.
>>61973163
Thanks. Ive never listened to Kanye, I don't know why. I'll give this a listen soon though, I've always heard good things about his early albums
>>
File: Whitehouse.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Whitehouse.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
>>
>Daft Punk - Discovery
Got me into listening to full/concept albums
>Taylor Swift - Fearless
Showed me that pop has a heart. Opened me to the world of folk and singer-songwriter. In retrospect it's not that great but at the time I thought it was amazing.
>Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon/Steely Dan - Aja
Taught me that good production is just as important as good songwriting. Also gave me a taste of jazz.
>>
File: Long+Road+Home.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Long+Road+Home.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
Them country feels.
Also, Songs From Suicide Bridge.
>>
File: folder.jpg (673KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
673KB, 1000x1000px
>>61972813
it would have been this if not because pic related came to me first

>>61973139
this regained my interest in popular music in general
and got me into it fully, actually
>>
>>61973217
First album I listened to in completion, before I would shuffle songs I downloaded off of limewire, definitely made me appreciate music more than before
>>
File: 1453610099447[1].jpg (698KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1453610099447[1].jpg
698KB, 1000x1000px
Really opened me up to trying out unique genres when all I listened to was dadrock
>>
File: Aphex Twin richard_d_james.jpg (22KB, 200x199px) Image search: [Google]
Aphex Twin richard_d_james.jpg
22KB, 200x199px
"you mean...he actually played this on instruments....and...it's good??"

blew my 16 year old guitarist mind
>>
File: Front.jpg (1MB, 2222x2337px) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
1MB, 2222x2337px
honestly, it opened my eyes to non musical elements that could be used in music
>>
File: Folder.jpg (379KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
379KB, 1500x1500px
Amnesiac was the album that got me into music when I was like 9, but pic related is probably the one that changed my perception of music the most.

This and Going Places were the first noise albums I liked but this one was more important. Going Places was all nice and kinda pretty while this album was all ugly, unsettling and chaotic and well... noisy, in the real definition of the word 'noise' (which albums like Loveless, Psychocandy and even Going Places aren't). So yeah, it made me recognize that noise can be music too.

But it also made me appreciate and give more recognition to voice as an instrument and to the lyrics. I didn't use to consider lyrics as part of the music and didn't take vocals as a serious instrument except when they were used for harmonies or notorious melodies, but this album changed that. I understood that what a voice says and how it says it (wether it be singing or just plain speaking, whispering, shouting, screaming, etc) can be as or just as (or more) important as the rest of the instrumentation.
Cut Hands Has The Solution fucked me up.
>>
File: a3233794906_10.jpg (342KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a3233794906_10.jpg
342KB, 1200x1200px
Pretty pedestrian for /mu/. but before this, all I really listened to was Radiohead, and I had never heard a song longer than 10 minutes. I followed the Youtube suggestions into Godspeed, HANL, Death Grips, and other /mu/core.

>>61974859
First noise album I could really get into
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.