[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/ - this is not my fucking job edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 97

File: 1452114935814[1].jpg (195KB, 1259x1263px) Image search: [Google]
1452114935814[1].jpg
195KB, 1259x1263px
It's the 24nd of janvier

The point of these threads, is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to, and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

We track our progress using calendars, which we fill with the albums we listen to on each day and a rating of some sort for all of them. There are templates in the following posts. We encourage you to write the albums' titles and the artists' names somewhere on your calendar. We don't have any tools for creating these calendars, we use simple image editing softwares. You can predetermine a schedule for a month or you can report back on whatever album you randomly picked every day. Many of us make our schedules interesting in various way, popular ones being genre restrictions, new releases, and recs from the /daily/ community.

We had a plug.dj room, which we used to shitpost for a little while. It's now forever empty, so if you want to spend a little time there, it is too late. You can find the temporary substitute here though:

>https://synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel

no one should really be able to start the threads, but usually one of /daily/'s dedicated trips starts them anyways.

We encourage you to start it, just be sure to use the standard OP.

Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random shit:
http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/

Most importantly, get taste
Previous thread >>61939865
>>
File: 1449941528425.png (2MB, 1984x1796px) Image search: [Google]
1449941528425.png
2MB, 1984x1796px
>Sun Kil Moon & Jesu - Sun Kil Moon/Jesu
This is /blog/: the album. Kozelek's words are abysmal, more often than not listing his plans for the day or namedropping famous people he's seen recently. He even reads (and laughs at) his fanmail, and on more than just one track. The support is a little fairer, especially as an ethereal synth-driven backing. But also when turning to super tedious and fuzzed out drone guitars, even driving at eye-wateringly repetitive riffs - simply because they render Kozelek's awful lyrics unintelligible. Legitimately terrible.
>>
>>61970343
this
>>
File: essentials.jpg (140KB, 900x1500px) Image search: [Google]
essentials.jpg
140KB, 900x1500px
>>61969869
posting the essentials
>>
File: Russ-Liquid-in-love-lp.jpg (73KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
Russ-Liquid-in-love-lp.jpg
73KB, 650x650px
>>61970305
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14QDsIs4KiE
Anyone know what genre this is?

This guys going to be in a local bar on friday, going with the gf. Feels good man
>>
File: Tat and Corts.png (2MB, 1255x682px) Image search: [Google]
Tat and Corts.png
2MB, 1255x682px
Jorge Ben - Fôrça bruta (1970)
>samba-soul, samba-rock, MPB

Possibly the happiest, most fun record I've ever heard. I'm not entirely sold on samba as a genre, and the mixture of rock with the danceability of samba is kindasorta odd, but the music here is really happy, and the melodies are absolutely spectacular. The production as well, densely layered but without being too busy. The genre mixtures are a bit odd, and some songs don't hit their mark, but this is definitely a very good record. Gonna be checking out Ben's other stuff soon.

3.0+
>>
>>61971141
nice synopsis here
>>
>>61971267
good review of a synopsis right there
>>
File: January 2016.png (3MB, 1902x1610px) Image search: [Google]
January 2016.png
3MB, 1902x1610px
Got another set of reviews, again playing catch up

>Pelt - Ayahuasca
This one was pretty good. Natkingcole, you were right about this one. Two hours of desert-land psychedelic drone with some nice folk stuff in there. I gotta admit the first time I heard "close the fuckin door man the cats!" I laughed out loud a bit. My favorite song was probably Raga Called John Pt. 2. 8/10 overall.

>Espers - II
This one was another really good one. Had a nice string of stand-outs later this week. So this one was more psych folk, but with a shoegazey twist to it, which was welcome for me. The female vocals were a nice element to their sound as a whole too. Some of it reminded me of The Seer by Swans to be honest. Favorite song was probably Widow's Weed. 8/10 overall.

>No-Neck Blues Band - Sticks and Stones May Break my Bones but Names Will Never Hurt me

When this album started out with like five minutes of totally unorganized free improv, I groaned because I thought it was going to be for the entire duration. I was happy it got a little more organized. It's not that I don't like free form shit, but this was just unpleasant to listen to at first. I really liked the drawn out free folk songs, and I even got some Incredible String Band vibes at times. Favorite song was probably Untitled :^). 8/10 overall.

And for today's...

>Six Organs of Admittance - Dark Noontide

This was a nice listen, but I can't help but feel this psychedelic drone stuff is pretty samey as a whole, but luckily this album wasn't just those parts. I saw someone's description of listening to this album is like walking through a desert. I think I agree with that, and the nice psych folk songs served, for me at least, as nice little oases in the middle of a drugged out Sahara expedition. Favorite song was probably This Hand. 7.5/10 overall.

I'll definitely be listening to these ones in particular more in the future. Tomorrow's supposed to be a classic of psych folk. If it's anything similar to ISB I'm hype.
>>
Pinkerton is my favorite album.
Recommend me similar albums pls.
>>
>>61970343
What a beautiful meme that could flash on the screen in the blink of an eye and be gone from me

>>61970663
Your dedication is commendable

>>61971141
That looks like a really fun chart. Matrix 5 is mostly excellent.

>>61971455
What's that album on the 31st?
>>
>>61971593
Various - Maan Matoset. Finnish freak folk comp
>>
>>61971119
Sounds like a mix of jazz fusion, electronica and acid techno to me. A little bit of chillwave maybe. Downtempto/trip-hop? I'm just throwing shit out there.
>>
>>61971455
>>61971770
>>61970345
nice synopsis
>>
>>61971844
Nice feedback
>>
File: americanprimitve.png (2MB, 838x682px) Image search: [Google]
americanprimitve.png
2MB, 838x682px
>Richard Bishop - Salvador Kali
A really eclectic range of styles going on here. Burning Caravan engages in a gypsy jazz type sound while Rasheed showcases a lightning quick, chirpy american primitive guitar for over 10 minutes. Cadaques sounds flamenco-ish, and is cheesy enough that it belongs in a Dos Equis commercial. Pedro's Last Ride is similar, but for two guitars (maybe?). Al-Darazi is some 14 minutes of piano playing, (possible with two pianos) heavy on the cluster chords. Hadley is some Fahey-sounding guitar with a western vibe. Rose Room sounds like ragtime guitar, possibly featuring a banjo. Kamakhya is a 10-minute guitar excursion that's really hard to pin down stylistically, but interestingly incorporates what sounds like an accordion in the background. It could be anything that could create a soft drone, but it has that wheezing accordion sound. The final song, Morella, has an acoustic guitar doing some relatively standard acoustic guitar playing with a ghostly reverbed guitar playing overhead.

It's a super impressive collection of styles, but lacks a cohesive atmosphere. I mean, the guitar playing somehow sounds somewhat similar across the tracks, but it really can't pick a mood. Also, the longer tracks tend to drag a bit.
>7/10

>>61971636
Sweet, thanks. Sounds cool.
>>
File: janurary calendar.png (3MB, 1780x1610px) Image search: [Google]
janurary calendar.png
3MB, 1780x1610px
Bill Evans and Jim Hall
Absolutely beautiful, the guitar and piano interplay like nothing else I've ever heard. Also, this is probably my favorite album cover ever
4/5
>>
>all artists - music
some really nice playing, lots of emotional expression, especially in the vocals. wildly inconsistent though, and a lot of parts dragged to high heaven. still recommended listening.
6/10.
>>
>>61971267
>>61971432
Quality ironic passive aggression lads
>>
I present my most recent effort in starting charts it's unlikely I'll finish

12 randomly selected /daily/ menaces (the first 12 I found the rym of), and 12 randomly selected 5s (and I think in one case a 4.5)

Let's see how 5 charts at once goes
>>
File: pWCyW2fcGd8[1].jpg (47KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
pWCyW2fcGd8[1].jpg
47KB, 600x594px
Prima Edizione (1999) by Todd Edwards, recommended by edcvghjklpoiu

Though I was a little surprised to see this tagged as both garage and house, it's not an unhappy or tense marriage. Prima Edizione certainly leans more heavily to the house side, though, with almost every track deploying those ubiquitous thudding four-on-the-floor kicks and static, moderate tempi, rather than garage's more skittering hats and turbocharged rhythms. The result is pretty satisfying, managing to curb the dull and pounding beats with an irresistible shuffle feel.

Edwards is mining for groove, no doubt, but he's got a bag of idiosyncratic tricks to keep any one track from going stale. Rarely content to sit on one progression or section, he tends to adapt loose verse-refrain structures that do a lot of work for retaining energy and interest. His approach to vocal sampling, often rhythmically chopping and throwing disparate voices against each other in quick succession, is very familiar now but must have been breathtaking in 1999, and still carries some of that raw pioneer feel. I love his chromatic, even lush harmonies, too - the second 'ambient' version of 'Fly Away' seems to be modelled explicitly on acid jazz, and doesn't do a bad job of it. Elsewhere he draws on tropes as far out as disco ('Look Out') with less success, and his samples on the whole are a little uncomfortable in their constant referral to Jesus and images of Christianity.

It's a compelling listen with a couple of astonishing tracks that hold up well even by today's standards ('Sunshine : Sunrise' & 'Steal Your Heart'), and although it falls down like so many of its peers simply for being too long and undifferentiated it still elicits warm praise from both my head and my feet.
>>
>>61974076
I new it was natkingcole immediately. Quality albums there, lad.
>>
>>61971455
hey! glad you liked it.

>>61974076
you gotta take mine and >>61974153's word on it, key to the kingdom is phenomenal.

btw, thanks for introducing me to that, bear.
>>
File: Tournuary the second.png (2MB, 3136x1996px) Image search: [Google]
Tournuary the second.png
2MB, 3136x1996px
>>61974076
loads of good albums on there
i just need Ayyblien's rec and then we can get started on round 2!
>>
File: 1438248311844-1.jpg (50KB, 602x480px) Image search: [Google]
1438248311844-1.jpg
50KB, 602x480px
bls vote :DDDDDD

http://strawpoll.me/6624730
>>
File: 1451858052348.jpg (215KB, 1023x678px) Image search: [Google]
1451858052348.jpg
215KB, 1023x678px
>>61974310
Oh damn, had no idea I introduced you to it. I just assumed Raz turned every else on to it after his review two years ago. We'll have to have a listen along when we see animal collective one day
>>
File: 16january.jpg (1MB, 1680x2040px) Image search: [Google]
16january.jpg
1MB, 1680x2040px
catch-up on yesterday:

Supreme Dicks- the unexamined life
(1993)
this record carries an identity compromised almost entirely of quirks and it's somewhat eluding a proper definition from me apart from "experimental indie".
I like it a lot.
I can hear so many aspects of other records that I like. there's some ugly, lo-fi, out-of-tune bits that are reminiscent of the early modest mouse tapes that were distributed to friends of the band (93-94) or the first destroyer album (96). some sections sound like In the Aeroplane Over the Sea (98).
however, the album doesn't always fit the identity of these indie rock acts. the 9-minute closer sounds like swans, and not even the then-recent 80's swans- more like the mid-90's/soundtracks for the blind era swans. some sections sound pulled from Jackie-o motherfucker's Fig. 5 ('00).
there's even clear post-rock shades- from GY!BE (debuted '97) to dirty three's ocean songs ('98). even Long Fin Killie's Houdini ('95).
i'm listing all these because i'm just so very shocked that The Unexamined Life reminds me so strongly of music that didn't yet exist- and seriously contends with them in terms of quality. not to suggest it's unlike music that preceded it- there's more than a few similarities to Slint's Spiderland ('91). but it's startling!
one of the most impressive aspects of this album is that, despite constantly shifting styles, it remains cohesive and maintains it's identity.
if you enjoy even one of the acts listed about, strongly consider listening to this record.

i'm not sure how to rate it yet.
>>
>>61974076
wait a tick why is yamir's name next to king krule
i've been calling that a 10/10 since I got here
>>
>>61974478
That's an absolutely juicy lineup
>>
File: chairlift.jpg (337KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
chairlift.jpg
337KB, 1500x1500px
I'm digging this album - what are your thoughts /daily/?
>>
>>61974570
Oh hey you're the guy who loves Prospect Hummer. SO HOW BOUT THAT SUNG TONGS?
>>
>>61974648
that's me!
it blew my tits off. I gotta hear it a few more times but I think I like it as much as feels already
>>
>>61974628
I saw an OP with that album cover and they said it was the 2016 AOTY. I'm guessing they weren't exactly wrong about it if you're liking it.

>>61974621
We all know you're just droning yamir, this is just embarrassing now

>>61974623
I NEED to see Brian before he dies next year. Screen cap this.
>>
>>61974719
>We all know you're just droning yamir, this is just embarrassing now
i'm ashamed, i'm quitting /daily/ forever now, goodbye
>>
hey boys I just found this thread, what's it all about? my favorite musician is king krule
>>
>>61974628
Didn't know Talk Talk had a sixth album.

But seriously what is this?
>>
File: bday 3.jpg (59KB, 342x509px) Image search: [Google]
bday 3.jpg
59KB, 342x509px
>>61974679
It's the fucking tits man. Glad you liked it. That Dark Noontide album isn't bad either by the way.
>>
>>61974768
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>61974774
Chairlift - Moths. Apparently some indie pop on Columbia, so it's probably a dice-roll quality-wise
>>
>>61974719
Yeah it's my favorite of the 10 or so 2016 releases I've heard so far

>>61974774
Chairlift - Moth
I think it was released yesterday - it's pretty nice synth pop
>>
>>61974809
I'm looking forward to that one!

>>61974814
did you see I listened to Kites? that record was BANANAS
>>
>>61974809
Dark Noontide is almost perfect from a relative perspective. With so much variety inside I'm surprised it isn't hailed more often around here.
>>
>>61974920
for real. it's easily a 10, right down to it's GOAT album cover
>>
Connan Mockasin- Forever Dolphin Love
Mac Demarco but a whole lot weirder and a whole lot better

3.5/5
>>
>>61974845
Chairlift? The group that made the Bruises song? I need to hear this soon then.

>>61974895
Bananas as a good thing? That record changed my perspective on what albums could be the same way Aeroplane did.
>>
>>61974920
I definitely need to give it more listens. I thought it was good, but I should give it more attention the next few times I listen.
>>
>>61975039
Very good, one of the best noise records i've heard- if not the best
I definitely feel like I got a better context on pasture grazing
>>
>>61975052
Do your favorite albums tend to display a colorful amount of variety too? After discussing it with SDC I'm almost completely convinced the best records always have that in common.

>>61975066
THIS

Kites stands out among the sea of noise artists for his sheer dedication in attempting to convey something within his albums, the strongest being his persistence on drawing out beauty from the genre and not only textures. Dude I'm really glad you enjoyed it, that's pretty much just the conclusion I want everyone to come to when they hear it.
>>
any hip hop recs?
>>
>>61975260
The constructus corporation- the ziggurat
>>
>>61970305

1/23/2016

Dear Diary

Today sucked. I spent all day reading online forums and imageboards. The most productive thing I did was wash and fold a load of laundry.

Thank you /daily/
>>
>>61975260
Everyone's going to rec you Ziggurat but I always think Playdough's Gold Tips is worth a few listens.

What are some of your favorite hip hop albums+
>>
File: guccibaby.png (2MB, 1130x630px) Image search: [Google]
guccibaby.png
2MB, 1130x630px
>>61975260
>>
>>61975296
>tfw spent all my time recording a song
>tfw 4 hours pass by and I hate the result

RIP day
>>
>>61975205
My favorite album is Mount Eerie, and I'd definitely say that has some variety in it. Some of my other favorites are SAW II and Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid, which aren't that varied, but still excellent imo. Of course, Soundtracks for the Blind is really varied. So I guess that's true in some cases.
>>
>>61975330
Recs on the spot, based

>>61975286
lel
>>
>>61975286
word thanks (really strange so far but i'm digging it)

>>61975311
very limited, i havent listened to much hip hop. here are some artists i really like:
eyedea & abilities, cannibal ox, company flow, binary star, dalek, illogic, nas, del the funkee homosapien, madvillian, el-p (production-wise), brother ali, aesop rock. these are just the few that came to my mind in an instant, there are other artists i've listened to but haven't "connected" to yet.

i guess it's a safe bet to say i like either really jazzy production or experimental/noisy/psychedelic production. i prefer lyrics with meaning but i don't mind punchline rap so as long as it's not too obnoxious. i'm down for anything.
>>
Shellac- At Action Park
Minimal sounding noise rock
a cool concept, alright execution
that drumming though, ooh lord that's the stuff

3.5/5
>>
>>61975330
i'm not ready for gucci yet, mane
>>
>>61975523
If you like noisy elements I'm guessing it's safe to assume you like death grips? What are your thoughts on them overall?
>>
>>61975598
oddly enough, i could never get into death grips. outside of a couple songs they never stuck with me. they seem like they'd be a blast live though. too bad they broke up
>>
>>61975260
>>61975523
Tried to avoid too many big names, but I'm really not that knowledgable in hip hop.

>DJ Screw - Bigtyme Recordz Vol. II: All Screwed Up
>Three-6 Mafia - Mystic Stylez
>New Kingdom - Paradise Don't Come Cheap
>Divine Styler - Spiral Walls Containing Autumns of Light
>Saul Williams - The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of Niggy Tardiest
>Deltron 3030 - s/t
>Max Normal.TV - Good Morning South Africa
>Mobb Deep - The Infamous
>Deep Puddle Dynamics - The Taste of Rain... Why Kneel
>Lil Ugly Mane - Third Side of Tape
and/or
>Lil Ugly Mane - Uneven Compromise

Since you're pretty new to the genre, cover the basics first, which can be found on any /mu/ essentials chart. My favorite hip hop album is definitely 'It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back' by Public Enemy. Would rec, if you haven't already heard that. Close second goes to either the obvious Constructus Corp album, or GZA's liquid swords.

>>61975662
>too bad they broke up
not so fast
>>
>>61975523
>word thanks (really strange so far but i'm digging it)
No prob
It's my favorite, if you find yourself in love with it some day, find me in /daily/ and I'll have a flow chart for you
Also seconding >>61975670 , DJ Screw is great
However I would recommend his Codeine Fiend tape
>>
>>61975670
thanks, there's actually a lot i haven't listened to yet. i'll search up the chart too.

>not so fast
are they back?
was i lead astray?
>>
>>61975343
Hey even making bad art can be good
I save all my bad drawings so I can look at them later and learn. I even leave little notes on what I did wrong
>>
>>61975558
just listen to Trap Back, it's very solid
>>
>>61975789
okay i'll go for it might be fun

thanks ya'll
>>
>>61975662
Damn, well thankfully they're still releasing another album this year. If AYI pops in the thread he'd be the best person to discuss hip hop with if you're looking for somebody with an in-depth history of the genre. Either him or Curren$y.

>>61975752
I try to keep on the positive about that. You're right, there's no other way I'm going to learn what I like and what I don't unless i do it first.

I want to see this bad art.
>>
>>61975856
word, i'll keep my eyes peeled. for now i'm gonna listen to these recommendations and most likely head back to lurking.
>>
File: 1443847135131.jpg (673KB, 1312x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1443847135131.jpg
673KB, 1312x2000px
>>61974382
Lawrence Butch Morris- Conduction #35
>>
File: 12176049.jpg (81KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
12176049.jpg
81KB, 495x495px
Listening to my Sunday album already. Breddy gud so far.
>>
>>61976007
Godspeed You anon
>>
File: zappa to do.jpg (432KB, 755x1130px) Image search: [Google]
zappa to do.jpg
432KB, 755x1130px
Frank Zappa Plays the Music of... was like 4 songs with two versions of each - the live version and the album version. Very unnecessary release. Still has Watermelon in Easter Hay, so I can't hate it THAT much.

Everything Is Healing Nicely is a somewhat less terrible version of the Yellow Shark. Slightly entertaining, but mostly just a letdown.

Joe's Corsage and QuAUDIOPHILIAc felt like true Zappa archives: interesting stuff on both stuffed with original songs.

Trance-Fusion was like guitar, but with all originals and was genuinely entertaining. Skip over the "guitar" and "shut up" releases and just listen to this if you want some Zappa guitar mastery.

Understanding America was possibly the most unnecessary release I've heard in my life. Only a few minutes of original shit on a 2+ hour release that are supposed to be "Zappa's original concept for the Mothers' early music being one album." Give me a fucking break. Also, I thought I got a bad rip because the quality was so poor. NOPE. The geniuses over at the Zappa family trust just assembled shittier masters of the songs and put them on this compilation.

They didn't even fucking try.
>>
>>61976310
Oh, and remember how I keep complaining about how some of these have spoken word stories with no purpose other than to fill an album with "original" Zappa recordings?

Well Joe's XMASage is an album full of that. It's advertised as "The Mothers recordings before the release of Freak Out." Well, all they had recorded were a few radio spots and band conversations.

Godawful.
>>
File: Tournuary the second.png (2MB, 3136x1996px) Image search: [Google]
Tournuary the second.png
2MB, 3136x1996px
>>61976031
awesome, ready to go then !~
>>
File: u is for utopiaaaa.png (3MB, 1680x1471px) Image search: [Google]
u is for utopiaaaa.png
3MB, 1680x1471px
and also made one edit to the february chart.
will post january when it's done, still catching up, oy.
>>
Fuck, Sunrise of the Planetary Dream collector is a great song. I heard The Kronos Quartet do Cadenza on the Night Plane a while before I decided to listen to this, I don't know why I waited so long to listen to this album though, it's so damn good.
>>
Kerr and Givingbear need yur recs
>>
File: Avant Garde is French For Shit.png (328KB, 1241x512px) Image search: [Google]
Avant Garde is French For Shit.png
328KB, 1241x512px
>>
>>61977379
also got like 60 more avant albums to fill spots
Avant in the LOOSEST stretch of the word as well
>>
>>61977391
Add Teatro Assente
>>
>>61977391
John Maus - We Must Become the Pitiless Censors of Ourselves
>>
>>61977349
Have you listened to Starsailor?

>>61977172
GOAT 2015 AOTY master race reporting in
>>
govt plates time
>>
>>61978176
>Starsailor
no I haven't, is it an album or a band and if it's a band which one should I do?
>>
>>61978338
>>61978176
ner mind, you mean the Tim Buckley album right?
>>
>>61977349
oh yeah and Sn, need that dude's rec as well
>>61978348
>>61978338
me btw
>>
File: Pierre Bastien - Mecanoid.jpg (33KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
Pierre Bastien - Mecanoid.jpg
33KB, 500x498px
>>61977391
>>
>>61978338
>>61978348
>>61978362
Yes! If not, then I'll go with Buckley. How are you btw, Stylo? Do you ever miss your old trip?
>>
>>61978385
I'm good, got a solid week off work after Bali so, that's nice
someone was chancing the chart I made with the rates as well so here it is
>>
File: Plant43 - Burning Decay.jpg (418KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Plant43 - Burning Decay.jpg
418KB, 1200x1200px
>>61977349
>>61978362
>>
>>61978815
Whoops, forgot my tripcode was turned off
>>
>>61975523
Shabazz Palaces - Black Up
cLOUDDEAD - self-titled
>>
File: tourney.png (827KB, 1568x998px) Image search: [Google]
tourney.png
827KB, 1568x998px
i wanna finish this tourney already
Terminus, Benji, gimme your damn recs already
It can be any album you want btw
>>
>>61975260
Busta Rhymes - The Coming
>>
>>61979334
Dead - Musical Abortions
>>
File: daikanjyo.jpg (24KB, 300x292px) Image search: [Google]
daikanjyo.jpg
24KB, 300x292px
>>61979334
Shoji Aketagawa, Kan Mikami & Toshiaki Ishizuka - Daikanjyo
>>61979655
memes
>>
>>61977349
Star - Devastator

What did you think of Furry Things?
>>
File: tourney.png (1MB, 1568x998px) Image search: [Google]
tourney.png
1MB, 1568x998px
>>61979655
>>61979768
oh great, you both gave me memes!
>>
>>61979793
Mike Love, Bruce Johnston & David Marks of The Beach Boys - Salute NASCAR
>>
>>61979809
the fuck are you doing you're not even in the tourney
>>
File: lel.jpg (216KB, 1136x364px) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
216KB, 1136x364px
>>61979809
>>61979815
>mfw
>>
File: adult contemporary.png (521KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
adult contemporary.png
521KB, 500x500px
>>61979815
i was submitting the winner god calm down.
>>
File: 1427733890863.png (29KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1427733890863.png
29KB, 1000x1000px
>>61979655
>>
>Lil Ugly Mane - Prelude to Panopticon: "On Doing an Evil Deed Blues"

Travis/Shawn Kemp’s production is almost totally abandoning its Memphis roots, in favor of a more ethereal style: the extensive use of effects and its relatively slow tempo makes it feel very distant, calm; I would say “heavenly”, but I don’t think that it’s the correct word.
This track is divided in three segments: the first contains a sample that almost sums up Lil Ugly Mane evolution, with “I'm at the table like the Godfather, smoking a dutch” bringing to mind his more southern and “gangsta” sound of his first releases, and “Life on earth is just a death sentence” being kind of a premonition of the self-destructive nihilism of “Oblivion Access”.
The middle part contains a beautiful dreamy vocal sample, with a big drum machine and inventive layering. This section has Travis’ raps and occupies the majority of this track.
This is supposed to be Lil Ugly Mane’s final track before “Oblivion Access”, and it closes with a sample from a song by The Carter Family; a female voice sings “Murdered upon the railroad and laid in a lonesome grave”. Synths and drum machine close everything.

“You and I have some things to discuss!”
This samples opens the track in the most perfect way possible.
This is Lil Ugly Mane’s story, narrating everything from when he started rapping Raekwon’s rhymes in front of a mirror, to when he started beginning making beats, to when he started writing his own lyrics. He never did it for money or success, he did it because he loved it. He is aware that his music won’t ever achieve mainstream success, because of the unique style, but also because Travis never wanted to appeal to the masses.
[1/2]
>>
>>61979906
[2/2]

He went through every phase during his career in the music industry, he started with numerous influences, and slowly he began developing his own style, he made a lot of mistakes, he doubted himself, but he continued to do it.
The bridge summarizes his stylistic evolution and his influences.
The hook summarizes everything he did.

I love this. I simply love this.
The production is excellent and atmospheric, and the introspective lyrics are incredibly relatable, at least for me.
It hits hard, but in the way you might expect.

9/10
>>
Perhaps some recs for a metalfag?
>>
>>61979793
for the record, that wasn't benji
>>
>>61979969
Gorguts - Obscura

Only metal album you will ever need.
>>
>>61979969
what kind of recs are you looking for?
>>
>>61979972
i know it wasnt, but im sure he'll be okay with the album the other benji rec'd
>>
>>61979778
It was pretty good if a little bottom heavy, the best tracks were probably Nothing from Zero and Attic
>>
>>61979793
one of those is not like the other though
>>
>>61979981
Well I've been getting into death and grind more than anything as of late but I'm also looking to get into black metal without running into memes and something like Ne Obliviscaris would be appreciated.
>>
File: backlog.jpg (420KB, 1305x797px) Image search: [Google]
backlog.jpg
420KB, 1305x797px
Not a good start.

Giving Crescent a listen right now, hopefully that'll go better!
>>
>>61979969
Brainbombs - Obey :^)

nah but seriously give the Deathspell Omega trilogy a go if you're into extreme metal
they are:
> Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice
>Fas, Ite, Maledicti in Ignus Aeternum (my favourite)
>Paracletus
pretty good black metal
>>
>>61980044
>black metal
i'm plebe as fuck but some BM-ish stuff I like:
Gris - Il était une forêt...
Paysage d'Hiver - s/t
Altar of Plagues - Mammal

>something like Ne Obliviscaris
ehh, idk, Bilateral by Leprous? Bath by maudlin of the Well?
>>
>>61980062
have fun with that
hope you'll enjoy it!
>>
File: Avant Garde is French For Shit.png (494KB, 1116x569px) Image search: [Google]
Avant Garde is French For Shit.png
494KB, 1116x569px
Gibe Avant Garde music
>someone in the last thread said that Art Angels was the most challenging piece of music that they'd heard in the last year, that why it is on there, plus for memes
>>
>>61980349
>Jazz in Silhouette
>Sing to God
>>
>>61980349
can you give Лeoнид Фёдopoв - Лилoвый дeнь a place on there
or maybe Simon Wickham-Smith & Richard Youngs - Ceaucescu
those (and Diasporas) are my fave avant-memes
>>
>>61980349
Is that everything on it so far?
If so, did you see my rec (Stephan Mathieu - Nachtstücke) and reject it?
>>
File: brainwave music.jpg (42KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
brainwave music.jpg
42KB, 236x236px
>>61980349
music made by brainwaves, should be avant enough
>>
File: Cover.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>61980349
Scratch Pet Land - Solo Soli iiii
Dj Elephant Power - No Si, Ni So
>>
>>61980434
no it's on there man, the chart is going to be 10x10 because fuck my life
>>
File: Untitled.png (25KB, 1300x900px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
25KB, 1300x900px
anyone want to join?
>>
>>61970305
tl;dr
Joking
>>
>>61980576
sure, what restrictions are there?
>>
>>61980349
I see you're in dire need, so:
Plays Well by Alan Licht
OV by Orthrelm
Aida by Derek Bailey
Barbed Wire Maggots by Borbetomagus
Nmperign by Bhob Rainey / Greg Kelley
Voices of Haiti by Maya Deren
Gesang der Jünglinge, Kontakte by Stockhausen
>>
>>61980576
I do
Any rules?
>>
>>61980588
it has to be something you like
>>
>>61980576
yes with
Scratch Pet Land - Solo Soli iiii
>>
>>61980576
yes
>>
>>61980607
>>61980609

>>61980615
thanks!
>>
>>61980576
i wanna be in this
>>
File: russell.jpg (135KB, 572x600px) Image search: [Google]
russell.jpg
135KB, 572x600px
>>61980576
>>
File: dead man soundtrack.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dead man soundtrack.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>61980576
This is my submission
>>
>>61980609
So you can make shitting on it more personal? Sure!

My rec is Kopernik - s/t
>>
File: GG.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
GG.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
>>61980576
>>
>>61980647
>>61980643
>>61980633
>>61980629
>>61980626
>>61980616
>>61980615
>>61980588
if you see a (you) you are in
>>
File: dailychart.jpg (1MB, 1540x1225px) Image search: [Google]
dailychart.jpg
1MB, 1540x1225px
>Upgrade & Afterlife
Brooding, stripped down and, above all, droney post-primitivism. Angular, occasionally dissonant acoustic instrumentation clashes with shots of electronic noise and tape music experiments, with mixed results. Often this record feels jarring and alienating, sometimes it veers into relaxed Fahey-esque territory, sometimes it nearly sounds like a conventional folk record. The oddball vocals take some time to adjust to but when they appear, they fit well into the mood of the music itself.
I guess I'd have loved some more conventional melodicism, as at times the angular melodies and dissonance can be overbearing but luckily it does a good job at interjecting some more modest, less shaky songs surrounding the more challenging pieces (the way The Relay serves as a breather after the tribal post-rock explorations of Hello Spiral is absolutely fantastic).
Solid.
>>
File: album r8m8.jpg (237KB, 928x595px) Image search: [Google]
album r8m8.jpg
237KB, 928x595px
>>
>>61980670
oh, and which version of Black Antlers do I hear?
>>
>>61980667
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/dolphin_f1/%D1%82%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8/
>>
>>61980667
I rec
>Ksiezyc - S/T
>>
>>61980686
the one with the bonus CD, cuz what's the point of having sex with sun ra in only one part
>>
File: cover.jpg (79KB, 600x541px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
79KB, 600x541px
>>61980349
will also throw in
Goodiepal - Narc Beacon
>>
File: hip hop is my life.png (4MB, 1640x1960px) Image search: [Google]
hip hop is my life.png
4MB, 1640x1960px
what
what next
>>
>>61980576
Ghédalia Tazartès - Diasporas
>>61980686
Without bonus tracks.
>>
>>61980758
butch morris - current trends

>>61980770
if someone doesn't rec me their album by the end of next week you'll take their spot
>>
File: 15 left kents.png (463KB, 1319x515px) Image search: [Google]
15 left kents.png
463KB, 1319x515px
15 more spots left m80s
>>
>>61980734
>>61980770
god damnit
>>
>>61980777
sure
nice trips
>>
>>61980667
Coil - Black Antlers
>>
File: gero.jpg (14KB, 291x300px) Image search: [Google]
gero.jpg
14KB, 291x300px
>>61980783
>>
>>61980686
without bonus tracks, sex with sun ra part 2 ruins the mood of the album imo
>>
>>61980786
I guess you can go for the shorter one if you don't love coil but it's not like it's 2 hours
>>
>>61980799
heard, nice dubs

>>61980789
nice singles
>>
>>61980821
But Part 2 isn't even that interesting or necessary, title track closes out the album way better.
>>
>>61980729
heard
>>
>>61980821
well it was Yamir's pick so I'm going with >>61980811
thanks anyway, if I love this one I might always hear the bonus tracks
>>
>>61980831
oh okay
have you heard Smegma - Glamour Girl 1941
>>
>>61980863
>Smegma - Glamour Girl 1941
no, added!
>>
>>61980802
how bout I just put 4.33 on there
>>
>>61980835
Nothing is necessary desu
Things we never had is a good closer, and I don't think sex pt 2 ruins anything but whatever
>>
>>61980875
is my rec of the dead man soundtrack accepted?
>>
>>61980877
fair enough
>>
>>61980877
hardly the same piece really.
>>
>>61980932
yep
>>
>>61980844
have you heard Jazz På Svenska then
>>
>>61980783
im sure it will be a blast
have you put Alvin Lucier - I Am Sitting In a Room in there?
>>
>>61981008
added, sounds rad
>>
File: Untitled.png (429KB, 1300x900px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
429KB, 1300x900px
>>61981007
nope, thanks
>>
>>61971141
Bit of a long shot, but I think you'd like K. Frimpong And His Cubano Fiestas.

>>61973728
Yep, sums up /daily/ "reviews" quite well.

>>61974076
>someone rated TDS 5/5
lol
>it's memewander
lel

>>61974414
No.
>>
>>61974768
Backpatting and circlejerking over a handful of albums while pretending to be far superior to the rest of /mu/ because they all listen to the same shit, and people here don't, right?! RIGHT?! Also taking yourself far too seriously, which makes them prime trolling candidates.
>>
>>61981298
>pretending to be far superior to the rest of /mu/
I don't think most people do this, but whatever, maybe I just don't see it because I'm already too deep down into the circlejerk
>>
>>61974076
oh i didn't even see this, nice
>>
>>61975260
dälek, techno animal, kill the vultures... the list goes on.

>>61977172
>>61978176
http://niceme.me

>>61977391
deadmau5 - For Lack of a Better Name

>>61979768
How many times can people post the same fucking album and still "surprise" people with it?
>>
>>61981331
not him (obviously) but https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S58877630#p58889375
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S56233151#p56234904
>>61981298
you forgot to say that we're an echochamber of self-congratulating or something, you usually say that as well.
>>
>>61981414
That's what I mean when I say backpatting.
>>
>>61981400
hey hey hey now, Good Morning Good Night is one thing, Deadmau5 is another level of sonic torture entirely
>>
>>61981400
>How many times can people post the same fucking album and still "surprise" people with it?
11, I'd say
>>61981414
benji confrimed for official /daily/ ambassador
>>
>>61981457
Have you sat through an album of progressive house before?
>>
>>61981400
>How many times can people post the same fucking album and still "surprise" people with it?
i ask this every time someone here recommends the constructus corporation
>>
File: no fun allowed.jpg (59KB, 448x473px) Image search: [Google]
no fun allowed.jpg
59KB, 448x473px
>>61981471
never in my life hampus
I'll put it on there I was having a laugh, If fucking Grimes gets to be on there than so does Deadmau5
>>
>>61981528
Yes.

>>61981531
>never in my life hampus
Then it will be more avant-garde to you than any other album on the chart.
>>
>>61981545
>imblying imbligations
>>
>>61981561
What's the fucking matter, too avant for you? In fact, you should probably listen to it first.
>>
>>61981581
Arguing on the internet is dumb
>>
>>61981581
wasn't it you a few months ago who wouldn't listen to an album from an artist who "probably" won't be your kind of music? what happened to that?
>>
>>61981626
No, it's just that you're dumb. It's avant to you if it's different from what you've heard.

FLOABN isn't even that bad.

>>61981642
I still don't. I only listen to music that seems interesting to me.
>>
>>61981677
so if progressive house doesn't seem to be something stylo wants to hear, why push it on them?
>>
>>61981722
Because he's asking for avant<3
>>
>>61981677
It's on the list m89, pls no bully
>>
>>61981750
i think it's pretty clear he's just asking for music the kind folks at daily think is interesting in some way, that he might also find interesting.
>>
>>61981780
I know, I'm poking fun of that very idea.
>>
>>61981780
It's actually just a chart of quote unquote challenging music, hampus is well within his rights, regardless of any assumptions he might make, electronic music is something I have dabbled in, it might be that I've heard Progressive House before when I was younger but I called it something different like epic_electro_mix_2006
>>
>>61980349
>>61980783
The Gerogerigegege - Hotel Ultra
Luc Ferrari - Interrupteur / Tautologos 3
Brötzmann / Bennink - Schwarzwaldfahrt
James Ferraro - Hacker Track
Monopoly Child Star Searchers - Start Levitating Now!
Sissy Spacek - Skroo Spacek
>>
someone..please make a current fave song, current feel thread
>>
>>61980576
I want in
>>
>>61981818
"electronic music"
lol
>>
>>61981821
I saw Sissy Spacek live last year, I've seen John Wiese play solo a bunch of times but seeing his band Sissy Spacek play I was pretty blown away at how good they were. I guess I was just writing them off as a side project.
>>
File: kftwrk.jpg (108KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
kftwrk.jpg
108KB, 720x720px
>>61981915
>music using a spacebar as the primary instrument is anything but electronic music
>>
>>61981987
Oh dear, I sure hope you're taking the piss
>>
>>61981468
How many times can people post the same fucking meme until they start realizing it is not funny, has never been funny, and never will be funny?

>>61981821
How is a band of talentless halfwits like the gerogerigeri remotely "avant-garde"? Not knowing what you're doing is not avant-garde, in case anyone here thinks it somehow is.
>>
>>61982013
11, I'd say
>>
>>61982013
>gerogerigegege
>>
>>61982013
I see you haven't lost that magic touch hampy
>>
>>61982033
it's not even funny
>>
>>61982043
Forgive me for not spelling the name of your oh-so-precious Avant-Garde Band correctly. Does it hurt? Do you need a plaster or a kiss?
>>
>>61981903
no
>>
>>61982013
>>61982071
Close, but I don't think I'd ever write avant-garde with capital letters.
>>
what is all this calendar stuff? how do you guys actually find new music to put on your calendar? I just download a shit ton of stuff and get around to it eventually in my downloads folder.
>>
>>61982071
well a quick one in a public toilet would be nice
>>
>>61982094
i usually ask for recs or look through rym
>>
>>61982084
Please
>>
>>61982094
browse the sharethread, look through the rym charts/lists/esoteric, google CrAzY concepts for albums, usually it exists
>>
>>61982094
I want to feast on your gonads.
>>
In all it's hampus triggering glory, here it is
>>
>>61982260
>it's
I think you meant to say its. Were you not taught basic english in high school? You're embarrassing.
>>
File: cover-Edit-600x600[1].jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cover-Edit-600x600[1].jpg
57KB, 600x600px
PC Music x DISown Radio (2014), recommended by Kanzler

I don't want to rehearse the whole PC Music spiel here, even though this is the first bona fide PC Music I've listened to. Suffice it to say that this mixtape - cut into six 10min blocks curated by six of the label's artists - is as much conceptual art as it is a music project. Determining exactly what the meaning of it all might be is half of the fun. It is fun! Though all six segments seem to be playing with the same ideas (whilst successfully retaining their own identities), the content and techniques being bounced off of each other are so multitudinous, so heterogeneous, that it's hard to be anything but baffled. Time-stretched pop songs morph into MIDI sequences, and mind-numbing shoutouts compete with disorientating genre switches (of which GFOTY's move from Baroque slow movement to supercharged bass is an extreme example). I think the key might be to recognise that each artist is pursuing their own more or less incomprehensible concept, but producing something that meshes almost imperceptibly with the wider mixtape.

Which says little for the quality, ultimately. Though there are pockets of genius to be found throughout, almost none of these mixes really find a sweet spot to sit on. That's not the aim, or so it would appear. You have to take it as it comes: as a semi-serious obsession for hyperactive novelty. The exception is Kane West's closing segment, which actually does outshine the rest in both concept and execution - this was the only part that both made me laugh (it's totally bewildering) and nailed a groove. It troubles me only a little that there are so many jokes that I simply don't get - at one point there's a very shit MIDI reconstruction of Burial's 'Arcangel' - but I resign myself to this after the fact.

So let nobody say that this isn't a fascinating (and alienating) listen. Whether it's actually any good - as music, as concept art - seems irrelevant after that.
>>
>>61982306
your*
>>
File: I never learned to read.jpg (213KB, 1200x1533px) Image search: [Google]
I never learned to read.jpg
213KB, 1200x1533px
>>61982306
I'm actually a peasant from 1905 transported through time to shitpost on fourchan, so no, I never had a formal education
>>
File: 1450995986004.jpg (240KB, 992x992px) Image search: [Google]
1450995986004.jpg
240KB, 992x992px
give me good album 2 listen 2

no bad album
>>
>>61982306
>prescriptivist pedantry
You're slipping more and more with every post, friend :^)
>>
>>61982399
Killing Time - Massacre
>>
>>61982399
Jens Lekman- when I said I wanted to be your dog
>>
>>61982423
heard
i am not looking for something like that
>>61982435
heard lenkman too
not something like that either
>>
>>61982435
that's that one dude that did the avocado song on the Whip It Soundtrack right?
>>
>>61982456
Busta Rhymes - The Coming
>>
>>61982496
no
why does rym tag him as christmas music tho
>>
File: bitchassdarius followthesound.jpg (109KB, 409x408px) Image search: [Google]
bitchassdarius followthesound.jpg
109KB, 409x408px
>>61982456
>>
>>61982516
because thugs can be in the Christmas Spirit as well
try Songs for My Cats - Venetian Snares (you've probably heard it but it's about cats so maybe)
>>
>>61982520
it does seem interesting
i'll probably do it if I can dl it
>>61982561
heard (not a fan)
>>
/daily/weekly/rankings/

1st* (5pts). Tripfriend on the spot (The Allman Brothers Band - Eat a Peach)
2nd (2pts). edcvghjklpoiu (Todd Edwards - Prima Edizione)
3rd (1pt). Kanzler (PC Music x DISown Radio)
4th (0pts). good friend rodriguez (Bruce Smear - Chlorine)
5th (-1pt). Relgob (Aпopєa - Ha pєкaхъ Baвл҃нcкыхъ)
6th (-2pts). Thomas (Nine Horses - Snow Borne Sorrow)
7th (-3pts). moonjacques (These New Puritans - Field of Reeds)

Tripfriend's win bounces him into =11th. moonjacques's loss cuts down the level tie on the leaderboard. Decent week.

ALL TIME WINNERS
=1. hahaha (18pts)
=1. HeyAnon (18pts)
3. Terminus (16pts)
4. moonjacques (13pts)
5. DM (9pts)

the other ones
=51. doc brown (-5pts)
=51. Are You Insanity (-5pts)
53. Relgob (-6pts)
54. Dogwander (-7pts)
>>
File: jean paul satire.jpg (102KB, 390x597px) Image search: [Google]
jean paul satire.jpg
102KB, 390x597px
>>61982516
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/single/busta_rhymes_jim_carrey/grinch_2000/
>yfw
>>
>>61982456
Tuxedomoon - Desire

>>61982587
Gotta get a spot this week sigh, time to seize the throne
>>
File: Min_a_traktor.jpg (180KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Min_a_traktor.jpg
180KB, 720x540px
There's a hilbilly gathering for people driving "EPAs" in Östersund next month. Everyone's going to be 15-18 years old with these horribly shitty cars, drinking light beer and using snus, playing music as loud as they can on their massive subwoofers (treble is for losers, apparently) while they burnout on a parking lot, talk about immigrants and hate on women.

Should I go there and see if I can snag some fun photos, or should I fear for my life (and general integrity) and stay home?
>>
>>61982468
haha yes it is
>>61982456
how about kaseki cider- cider blues
>>
File: ROS_EP_traktorer_2_816038a.jpg (516KB, 1600x1060px) Image search: [Google]
ROS_EP_traktorer_2_816038a.jpg
516KB, 1600x1060px
>>61982752
It'll probably look something like this. It's a 2.5km walk from where I live, but it might be worth it.
>>
>>61982752
>>61982768
Meme opportuties this dank don't come very often. Seize the opportunity and become the immortal meme king.
>general integrity
You don't have that anyway. Go. Do it.
>>
>>61982713
>>61982762
im already gonna do >>61982520
>>61982752
why would you fear for your life with people like this >>61982768
>>
>>61982121
we full
>>61981078
>>
>>61982787
But what if they attack me once they realize I'm not there to appreciate their epic rides?

>>61982798
There will be literally dozens of them there.
>>
>>61982814
think of the funny pics!
>>
File: milton is unhappy.jpg (86KB, 424x320px) Image search: [Google]
milton is unhappy.jpg
86KB, 424x320px
>>61982798
aw ok
>>61982803
aw ok
>>
>>61982814
idk, tell them you study psychology and you have 13 differeny ways to talk them into commiting suicide.
>>
File: backlog.jpg (425KB, 1305x797px) Image search: [Google]
backlog.jpg
425KB, 1305x797px
Enjoyed Crescent, its atmosphere reminds me of Closer a lot, and in general it sounds like it was made in the 80s, which didn't bother me. Really good work with the synths, spooked me good
>>
>>61982834
I was actually thinking of doing some serious photography there. Since there will be a bunch of meme cars there with LEDs and lots of burnout smoke, it might be possible to get something that looks sort of cool, even though the cars are basically mopeds in disguise.

>>61982848
kek
>>
>>61982587
glad i could help then
>>
>>61982768
>hans helgnöjen går ut på att skratta åt bönderna
>>
>>61982910
No I literally just said it's happening in a month. It's the first time.
>>
File: Tat and Corts.png (2MB, 1255x682px) Image search: [Google]
Tat and Corts.png
2MB, 1255x682px
f(x) - Pink Tape (2013)
>k-pop, dance-pop

Fuck me, I just listened to a k-pop album. And shockingly, I didn't hate it! A lot of it is bland, uninspired pop music, but some of the tracks here are pretty darn good. "Airplane" is particularly great. But the rest just kinda falls into generic pop music, and there's a few tracks here that try to be harder and more hip hop-influenced than the others, and they're just kinda embarassing.

>>
>>61982978
you should listen to this sometime.
>>
>>61983041
i've been interested in that for a while because of the title. i'll check it out!
>>
File: Hasture-its-2016.jpg (1009KB, 1576x999px) Image search: [Google]
Hasture-its-2016.jpg
1009KB, 1576x999px
>Pyramids - s/t
>post-rock, experimental

I hate to use experimental to tag something like this and post-rock doesn't come close to hint at what genre this would fall under. Genre-wise this is all over the place with black metal meets shoegaze but it doesn't quite result in post-metal seeing that there is a clear separation of the two. Hints of post-rock, ambient, and industrial that comes in at waves and rolls back never becoming too rooted into any categories. Overall the music beautiful, distant, and haunting. A really great listen.
>>
File: 7276112614_c768c14295.jpg (106KB, 465x380px) Image search: [Google]
7276112614_c768c14295.jpg
106KB, 465x380px
Hey folks, I'm gonna be doing my radio show from 12:50-1:40 EST (about an hour from now). The weird time period is because I have a thing to do at 2:00. I'll be playing some of my favorite tracks from 2015, probably some stuff you've heard, probably some stuff you haven't, probably all stuff you've heard of. Here's the link: http://wqhs6.vpul.upenn.edu:8000/listen
>>
thread went by 2fast2furious

>>61979334
that album is only fun as a meme and I want to win my first tourneY!
so I rec https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/xhol/motherfuckers_gmbh_and_co__kg/
>>
File: January 2016.png (3MB, 1902x1610px) Image search: [Google]
January 2016.png
3MB, 1902x1610px
>Mark Fry - Dreaming With Alice
>Psych-folk

This was awesome. It sounds like Hangman's Beautiful Daughter, but not as medieval sounding. Again, a lot of the tracks sound densely layered here. Though it could be the bass, but they sound really full. The version I listened to has the Dreaming With Alice track's verses interspersed between the other tracks, which is interesting. Not sure how it was in the original, but it works well in this case. Lyrics are filled with fantasy lyrics, pretty common I'd say for early psych folk, but that's one of the reasons I like it anyway. The percussion is pretty sparse through all the tracks, but most of these tracks are slower in tempo, so it's not that necessary. This album is also guitar arps galore, one of my musical fetishes. One of the last tracks on this album, Mandolin Man, pulls out all the stops for me. It starts off quieter, then it goes into a full-blown, fuzzed out heavy psych jam. I was bobbing my head to it the whole time. Highly reccing and enjoying this album. Fav song is Mandolin Man. 8.5/10 overall.

Tomorrow we got Lorren Mazzacane Connors. Not sure what to expect, but we'll see...
>>
day 2
>>
>>61972337
I've seen him live once or twice - he's an engaging and intense performer (and very friendly).

I find the post Fahey revival mostly pretty dull. Everyone seemed to want a piece of him and his whole crypto-spiritual act (the most blatant example being Jack Rose but also Glenn Jones and Jim O'Rourke for a while). Bishop at least brought tome intensity to the whole thing.
>>
>>61978379
I fucking love this record. Have you seen him live?
>>
File: happy people.jpg (244KB, 705x524px) Image search: [Google]
happy people.jpg
244KB, 705x524px
the time is coming
>>
16january.jpg
1MB, 1680x2040px
bugskull was really weird. not bad, but not for me, either
>>
>>61980740
is this the crazy 2 x picture disc he released?
>>
>>61983416
fug
>>
holy shit stop asking why you cunt
>>
>>61983393
Not yet, haye you?
>>
File: 1453374480_front[1].jpg (100KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1453374480_front[1].jpg
100KB, 800x800px
>Chairlift - Moth
Top class pop. The attention to detail, songwriting, and production are almost astonishing in places, and every song pulls its weight - several of the singles go far beyond that too. Highly recommended.
>>
File: N-F23565-168_0.jpg (63KB, 665x665px) Image search: [Google]
N-F23565-168_0.jpg
63KB, 665x665px
Is Kånken the best backpack? I need a new one and think I might order one. Probably in this colour or navy. Black would be good but it's also a little bit boring.
>>
File: 1449941528425.png (2MB, 1984x1796px) Image search: [Google]
1449941528425.png
2MB, 1984x1796px
>>61983547
uh
ok
>>
i'm listening to sylvan esso, this is a really solid album. but, as I might have guessed, the song that drew me in is probably the best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr5AIKRPIHo
>>
>>61983547
I checked this out yesterday cuz I liked their previous 2, not really feeling it yet. Great synths in some places tho.
>>
>>61983571
kanken, more like kanker raite gaize?
>>
File: Encounter-01.jpg (935KB, 1050x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Encounter-01.jpg
935KB, 1050x1050px
>>61983738
je moeder
>>
wait so the production really is that bad?
>>
>>61983111
nice trips i'll listen a bit
>>
16january.jpg
1MB, 1680x2040px
this is only really good in a party atmosphere
>>
>>61983811
Yes.
>>
I SERVE THE BASS I SERVE THE BASS
>>
File: NWW list.png (2MB, 1666x677px) Image search: [Google]
NWW list.png
2MB, 1666x677px
I'll hear today's record in a sec
>>
>>61983875
>>61984160
Thanks for tuning in bruv
>>
File: 1452589430362.gif (146KB, 388x400px) Image search: [Google]
1452589430362.gif
146KB, 388x400px
>>61984198
It's cool, and I haven't heard the stuff you're playing before
>>
File: gob.png (103KB, 604x576px) Image search: [Google]
gob.png
103KB, 604x576px
>mfw I am not familiar with lamar
>mfw I don't keep up with music
>>
>>61984225
>>61984287
[2]
>>
>>61984342
>>61984287
>>61984225
[11]
>>
>>61984287
>Tfw there is never enough time to listen to everything
>>
File: togawa kaidan.jpg (30KB, 285x300px) Image search: [Google]
togawa kaidan.jpg
30KB, 285x300px
Hijokaidan x Jun Togawa - Togawa Kaidan [v0]
https://mega.nz/#!zhAjCIIK!bVhaRs6GABYyYHS-J2PtJEoz2mWnZVlwOlRCcwSdmeY

Enjoy friends
>>
>>61984397
this legit makes me feel bad. i feel like most records at least deserve a listen, but sadly i have to prioritize.
it's weird to think that statistically, there are like 10000 records out there that i would consider one of my favorites if i heard them, but i'm only going to be able to hear like 500 at most.
>>
>>61984684
Thanks!
>>
>>61980349
Frank Zappa- uncle meat
>>
File: backlog.jpg (427KB, 1305x797px) Image search: [Google]
backlog.jpg
427KB, 1305x797px
Beautiful violin melodies. It's a dark record, even the inclusion of jumpy, danceable moments doesn't disrupt the overall melancholic vibe. But don't think it's boring, it's never boring.

>>61984684
woah almost clicked that link *wipes sweat*
>>
File: january2016.png (870KB, 1107x500px) Image search: [Google]
january2016.png
870KB, 1107x500px
What's up brehs?

Listened to a bunch of albums again from my chart, nothing really interesting. The The Verve record was less good than I remembered. I think the best (except for Kyuss) from this calendar is yet to come. Helloween in particular was very disappointing. I expected a more interesting album from this praised band.
>>
>>61984742
That's kind of bullshit and not true? Like bro you have your whole life ahead of you, And listening to say 1000 records doesn't take that much time, if you're smart about what you listen to you could knock out most of those favorites within the next five years.
>>
>>61984901
the bad taste continues uh Curren$y? ^^
>>
File: tourney chart temp.jpg (143KB, 1488x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tourney chart temp.jpg
143KB, 1488x1200px
Tim Buckley - Starsailor
recd by Givingbear?
bretty goud, bretty groovy, surprised me at just how sexual this was, there are some Led Zeppelin teir woman worship on this thing... Also surprised to know that the best song off The Empyrean was a cover. There's a heap going on here as well.
>>
>>61984901
Indonesia was great btw, have you ever been there?
>>
File: 00003.jpg (207KB, 1219x764px) Image search: [Google]
00003.jpg
207KB, 1219x764px
You people post way too fast, I can't even go chill on a flight sim without my services beng needed.
Anyway here is something that barely flew and helped realize that more motors =/= more flying
>>
>>61985008
what is bad about his taste?
what is better about your taste?
>>
>>61985074
>>61985057
me btw, dropped my trip to post in another thread
>>
>>61985083
on that chart? TS, Kyuss being so high

dont be mad anon I didn't want to hurt yr feelings
>>
File: 00012.jpg (129KB, 1122x1011px) Image search: [Google]
00012.jpg
129KB, 1122x1011px
some batshit schematics, curtesy of the Luftwaffe an their ultimate "WEEEEEEEEEEEE" machine the Fw Triebflugel.
>>
>>61985077
have you seen The Wind Rises? I bet you'd like that movie a lot
>>
Someone make a new thread so I can meme you
>>
File: fw trib4.jpg (21KB, 577x299px) Image search: [Google]
fw trib4.jpg
21KB, 577x299px
The devlopment of the Triebflugel [impulsion plane] started fairly early, in 1942. the basic idea was to make the wings spin instead of using standard propellers. The wide span made takeoff much easier, however that also made the plane much harder to manuver not to mention that any bullet to the wings could at the very least compromise the flight.
>>
>>61985126
I think I remember you giving Blues for the Red Sun an last year 8 (might have been 7). Why don't you like "the thinkin man's buttrocks" anymore family
>>
>>61974076
Yawning Man is fantastic driving music. Highly recommend that compilation album.
>>
>>61985258
he droned aqam too hard
>>
File: tumblr_mn6c2jc47c1qeegrco1_500.png (209KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mn6c2jc47c1qeegrco1_500.png
209KB, 500x370px
nice show, dam'sjans. have a nice meeting! byee
>>
>>61985204
new meme when
>>
File: fw trib6.jpg (20KB, 288x338px) Image search: [Google]
fw trib6.jpg
20KB, 288x338px
the stability was an issue, but another problem is how hard it was to fly that thing in which the pilot was supposed to be in a sitting position (as opposed to the Heinkel Lerche that had the pilot laying) in a plane that to put it simply does not have any horizontal referential.

>>61985166
The one with Anno pretending he can be a voice actor?
I'm not really sure I want to see Disney's take on japanese militarization and modernization. All dat predictable bias.
>>
310 get
>>
>>61985304
we aint hit da bump limit
post cool things
i'll make a new one when we do
>>
File: 00016.jpg (7KB, 300x197px) Image search: [Google]
00016.jpg
7KB, 300x197px
>>61985318
310 gotten by planes. Sorry mate.
>>
>>61985258
i like the thinking man's buttrock still! I didn't like Blues for the red sun taht much, if I heard it today I'm sure I would give it a 5
Welcome to sky valley is a 6
>>
File: dude, gross.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
dude, gross.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
post vintage kanyes
>>
>>61985310
well, it's disney distributing a studio ghibli production
it's about the creator of the planes the japanese used and how much he loves planes, and how he feels about their use
>>
File: trax.jpg (64KB, 1230x720px) Image search: [Google]
trax.jpg
64KB, 1230x720px
>>61985333
dis cool enough

>>61985385
better off waiting for next thread with the question
>>
>>61985402
>>61985402
>>61985402

new snib
>>
File: Do_29.jpg (32KB, 650x482px) Image search: [Google]
Do_29.jpg
32KB, 650x482px
the thread will be kill soon, so I'll post infos on the Dornier 31 and family later.
Still, have a dev prototype of the Do 29
>>61985380
Ghibli = japanese Disney
Except with slightly better taste.
>>
>>61985385
I'll be too busy with the Avant Garde chart and tourneys to have a calendar
but if you want recs
>Altered States - Mosaic
>Tarantel - From Bone to Satellite
>Incredible Bongo Band - Bongo Rock: The Story of IBB
>Trouble in Dreams - Destroyer
>Wugazi - 13 Chambers
feel free to spread them out or whatever
>>
>>61985385
>>61985484
>>
File: 00006.jpg (66KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
00006.jpg
66KB, 600x420px
>>61985409
damn, from the thumbnail I thought it was a timelapse picture of a leap-takeoff and I got my hopes up.
>>
>>61985126
Welcome To Sky Valley is amazing though. Ethereal record.

>>61985074
Never man. Never been out of Europe even, so it's about damn time I get to some place far away and Indonesia looks great. I mean everything is there, good food, temples and stuff, beautiful nature, sick beaches, whole party islands and thingy's. I'm gonna enjoy my time there.

You got some recs about should's and shouldn't's?
>>
File: Jan2016.png (883KB, 802x506px) Image search: [Google]
Jan2016.png
883KB, 802x506px
what should I listen to next dudes
>>
>>61985746
The heart beating
>>
last?
>>
>>61986109
never
>>
>>61986109
nah
>>
BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>61986837
M
>>
>>61986861
E
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 97

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.