[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you let artist's personal beliefs affect your perception

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: resize (1).jpg (16KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
resize (1).jpg
16KB, 600x451px
Do you let artist's personal beliefs affect your perception of their music?
>>
What kind of idiot would do that?
>>
Impossible not to, you lie if you claim otherwise.
>>
>>61968730
this

>>61968757
you're weak
>>
>>61968629
no.
I'm gay & communist but I like some neonazi/racist Black-Metal bands, or some gay-hating hip-hop bands, etc.
If they're doing good music, IDGAF about what their personal beliefs.
>>
>>61968629
Usually no. I listen to Burzum, and a majority of Varg's beliefs are a load of horseshit, and no I am not talking about Christianity.
>>
>>61968757
you're dumb
if a musician's a racist but he's talented at music how does that change how good the music sounds
>>
I legitimately don't know anything about my favorite artists, not even their names but I like some rappers music and i sort of know who they are through interviews and even though I don't agree with them their music is still good
>>
>>61969067
I can't support a racist. Being a shitty person puts a stain on your work.
>>
>>61969165
stay pleb
>>
>>61969165
you can't hear a stain
>>
>>61969067
>if a musician's a racist but he's talented at music how does that change how good the music sounds

And you call me dumb. No one said a racist artist makes worse music. Everything you know about an artist changes your perception of them and their work. People are fooling themselves if they think there is some magical separation between art and artist.
>>
>>61968629
...Sometimes? Depends on how much of a bad taste it leaves in my mouth. If I'm reminded of it every time I listen to the music, then probably; if I don't have to think about it then probably not really
>>
No, this is a magnificent work of art:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZzgN7efCoE
>>
I won't listen to an artist if they support homosexuals or are overly PC pussies in general.
>>
It depends on whether their beliefs leak into their music. If it does, it can be annoying or prevent me from listening all together.

Macklemore is an example of someone who I have a hard time listening to due to the preachyness. Ryan Lewis's production is great though so I still listen to it for that occasionally.
>>
I personally try to learn as little as possible of artists.. aside from their music, I dont care who they are.
Even Bono's annoying personality, or many artists drug addictions don't get in the way of the music for me. Music is an experience of its own, the artist to me is nothing special. We are all human.
>>
>>61969372
good point.. the whole straight edge movement makes it hard to relate to a lot of those old hardcore bands. but then agfain i never liked hardcore or punk music at all.
>>
>>61969302
>if they support homosexuals
I can understand what you're saying if they talk about it in their music because it's just annoying.

However, if they just hold that opinion and keep it to themselves and it still prevents you from listening to their music you're a raging faggot. It would also be objectively wrong to say or imply that homosexuals shouldn't be able to marry. That matter is not based on opinion.
>>
>>61968629
I find it hard to listen to certain death and black metal bands due to their lyrical themes
>>
>>61969190
lmaoo
>>
>>61969302
How tf can you be this much of a reactionary dickhead
>>
>>61969468
Forget marriage, homesexuals shouldn't even be allowed in society at all, they are mentally ill after all.
>>
>>61969484
i find it hard to listen to black metal because its just a wall of harsh noise
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.