[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this so underrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 400x400px
Why is this so underrated?
>>
Cause david bowie's shit
>>
It's after his "classic" era. Most people just quit with Bowie after Scary Monsters of Let's Dance.
>>
You know, I'm a big Bowie fan, and like most of his 90's output a lot, but this album is just impenetrable for me. It's just too wacky and a-tonal.
>>
>>61966375
2deep4plebs
>>
>>61966375
Its my favorite, but its weird, its so cyperpunk, y2k, etc., and its been butchered by the label. The fact that it survived all that to still become my favorite of his is amazing.
>>
If you cut out the segues there's about 14 songs with 10 really good ones. Most people won't invest the effort into finding them.
>>
>>61967472
>its been butchered by the label
What's the story behind this? Did the studio have the album remixed without Bowie and Eno?
>>
>>61966375
Besides 'I'm Deranged', the whole album is shit.
Prove me wrong, etc.
>>
Too experimental for many people - they don't get it and some just don't even want to try.

That being said, it's probably my second- or third-favorite album. "A Small Plot of Land", "The Motel", "I'm Deranged", "Thru These Architect's Eyes"; I'd be hard-pressed to choose a song I even slightly didn't like on it.
>>
>>61968056
I like the oxford town song.
>>
>>61967748
I think he's talking about the original 3+ hour version that they ended up with. The label refused to release it in that form, so Bowie and Eno had to change the album completely
>>
>>61969050
Oh, thanks for the info.
>>
>>61966498
Please give an example of the atonality in it.
>>
Heart's Filthy Lesson is literally the best Bowie song
>>
>>61970662
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k43Ssf9BJMw
>>
>>61972039
come on m8 you need to get out of your comfort zone more often. that's not even that extreme
>>
>>61967449
This.
Blade Runner is my favorite movie of all time so of course I'd eat this album up. It's so so so bizarre yet I can't think of another album like it.
>>
>>61972113
I'm not even the original guy you responded too, I was just pointing out saying the album isn't largely atonal is bullshit. My personal reasons for disliking the album are it's a bloated mess, and the production and timbres and incredibly dated and ugly, which is strange for something produced by eno. Nothing there's memorable.
>>
do people even know what atonal means?
>>
>>61972277
stop trying to sound like a musical intellectual you sound like tryhard, there're a lot of atonal elements on this album
>>61972039
this entire track is based around a really traditional atonal pattern, no prominent tonal center, just a loose pattern
>>
>>61966410
This is true. I think a single from Black Tie White Noise was released anonymously and became a big club hit after it had been released under the David Bowie banner.
>>
I really love Hallo Spaceboy.
>>
>>61974067
cuck.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.