[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you like the direction they took from Public Strain to Viet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 53944b3f.jpg (207KB, 658x658px) Image search: [Google]
53944b3f.jpg
207KB, 658x658px
Did you like the direction they took from Public Strain to Viet Cong?

I really loved the Viet Cong album and i think it's very underrated in this board, i feel like only Public Strain is the one getting all the praise.

At least that's the impression i was getting, fix me if i'm wrong. in RYM for example both of them are being highly appriciated
>>
Is Women's debut worthwhile?
>>
yea it was pretty good
EVERYTHING is underrated on this board
if it's not the best thing ever, it's the worst thing ever
and if it's the best thing ever eventually the backlash is going to come and it'll end up being the worst thing ever anyway
OR /mu/ will hate it because Pitchfork or Fantano rated it too low....or too high
>>
>>61965328
I never heard their debut t-b-h
>>
>>61965328
if you like Viet Cong and Public Strain, yea listen to that one too it's about on par
Cindy Lee also
>>
>>61965268
i only listened to continental shelf and it sounded like a worse version of public strain. i love public strain cause it sounds like post-apocalyptic nuclear winter psych pop.
>>
>>61965972
try listening to the whole album there's only like 6 other songs
>>
No.
>>
Public strain is far better imo
>>
>>61965328
They hadn't congealed their influences yet. It sounds like the Beach Boys and This Heat were booked at the recording studio at the same time and decided to just record together. It's very good but it's a bit schizophenic.
>>
File: howardheader.jpg (32KB, 530x298px) Image search: [Google]
howardheader.jpg
32KB, 530x298px
I like the Viet Cong album, but I would still like to hear another Women album as well.

Viet Cong is more rough and accessible imo
>>
>>61965268
this album garnered a lot of positive attention on this board when it came out, and rightfully so.

Public Strain is a one of a kind album. I'm glad they didn't try to replicate that magic because I think they would have failed. That being said, their new sound is very good too. It's forward thinking, and distances itself from the many post-punk stereotypes. Feels like a rock album from the future. I got the pleasure of seeing them live last year (the day before they announced their name change) and they were so fucking good. One of the most energetic shows I've been to.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.