[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Radiohead LP9

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: lp9.jpg (94KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
lp9.jpg
94KB, 600x400px
What are your predictions for LP9 ?
>>
Its gonna be an album, with songs on it.
>>
probably some turgle, but im just making a wild assumption
>>
>>61965071
Didn't think they did songs any more
>>
tom york gonna sing some sangs
>>
it'll fuckin rock, as is expected of the 'head
>>
Ed's gonna sit for the whole record, bouncing a ball around a studio, making for some advanced polyrythms against Colin's bass.
>>
It's gonna be more anti-establishment, anti-corporate, pro-nature-even-though-they-know-fuck-all-about-it pop rock that's safe for radio play and will impress the lowbrows of /mu/ simply because it's Radiohead.
>>
RADIOHEAD SONG SNIPPET LEAK

https://clyp.it/5gzktxma
>>
It will be alright, mostly retreading familiar territory but with a few new influences on one or two tracks. Nowhere near groundbreaking but good. Some people will say it's their best anyway.
>>
>>61965191
They didn't write anything similar to what you said since HTTT.
>>
Hopefully a more heavy sound and more rock focused.
>>
>>61965245
Did you even listen to TKOL and related material?
>>
>>61965265
pls god no
>>
>>61965042
something tells me it'll be more In Rainbows than King Of Limbs (which is a little disappointing to me), but more politically-minded as opposed to love songs, and probably a 'bigger' sound
>>
it's going to be the same drivel that they've been making since amnesiac
>>
>>61965318
what song on TKOL was radio friendly?
>>
>>61965495
the entire first half
>>
>>61965495
Literally all of them.
>>
>>61965554
Not that anon, but the second half was friendlier than the first half.

You didn't listen to the record, did you?
>>
File: meh.jpg (32KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
32KB, 500x501px
>>61965318
Yes, I did. Most of the songs since In Rainbows lyrically are generic love/finding yourself songs, with the nature twist. The only ones from TKOL that are somewhat political are Mr Magpie and probably like Give Up The Ghost.

Even then, Thom really stopped caring about lyrics somewhat and just uses it in big strokes to give kind of a landscape with maybe 1 or 2 thoughts.

Of course, Radiohead is radio friendly, but it's a given since they kinda moved to dance music anyway.
>>
LOUDEST radiohead yet
Thom Yorke said to be inspired by fellow geezer Micheal Gira
>>
>>61965201
is this legit?
>>
>>61965589
Source?
>>
>>61965714
Of course, the dude even said he's Tom Yourke
>>
Like everything after Kid A, it will be an ok enjoyable album.

Probably around 40 minutes, with a few exceptional tracks, but it won't be revolutionary or anything to write home about.

Btw, stay out of r/radiohead. Holy shit that place is a fucking shit hole
>>
>>61965554
>>61965560
You guys don't listen to the radio very often do you? TKOL is based around dark, minor key loops with knotty percussion which is close to the exact opposite direction that top 40 has been headed. You could argue that Separator is a move to pop, but that's it and it just recalls In Rainbow.

Between this and somebody telling me that You're Dead! was safe for radio play, I swear that /mu/ has no idea what's radio friendly and what isn't.
>>
>>61965808
Several tracks from Kanye West's Yeezus was played extensively on radio, several channels. Almost anything Radiohead has done is pretty safe compared to tracks like On Sight and I Am a God.
>>
>>61965772
Yeah, I noticed how fucking overhyped /r/radiohead is. They are literally reposting a picture of a snowman, trying to find a meaning to it.
>>
>>61965900
Black Skinhead reached #69 on the charts, Bound 2 reached #12

So sure, Bound 2 counts, but it's also the least abrasive song on the album by a massively wide margin
>>
>>61965772
>Btw, stay out of r/radiohead. Holy shit that place is a fucking shit hole
This so much. Their love for making radiohead puns on every goddamn comment is reddit at its most cringeworthy.
>>
>>61965980
A large amount of the singles from the album reached fairly decently on the charts. So yes, they're radio friendly, and still more "daring" than what Radiohead does.
>>
>>61965968
They think that stupid twitter account is somehow related to the band, when he clearly just leading them on.

Theyre overanalyzing everything and they freaked out because one of the band members tweeted a picture of them eating dinner. They think that it means they're celebrating the release of the album and so it must already be posted on some obscure place on the internet
>>
>>61965095
this is an insanely epic own

>>61965191
this is a very intellectual own... gotta say, i am stimulated

>>61965207
this is possible but i am being optimistic

>>61965265
thom's been listening to boris
>>
>>61966059
Those were the only two singles.
>>
>>61966198
I guess they play non-single songs on the radio as well then. Regardless, it's pretty clear the music is radio friendly when the album itself charted well, and the singles charted as well.
>>
>>61965191
>>61965245
Well there's The Daily Mail, an absolutely awful song and the closest Radiohead has ever actually sounded like Muse.
Also Silent Spring sounds like it has some "anti-establishment" lyrics:
>We call upon the people
>People have the power
>We'll take back what is ours
If I told you those were Muse lyrics you'd believe me immediately wouldn't you?
>>
>>61966266
I kinda agree, but to play devil's advocate:
Daily Mail is a b-side, and even then it was finalized in like 10 minutes before From The Basement, iirc, so of course the heavy part lacks any nuance.
Silent Springs has those three lines, but tbqh, any Muse song lyrically is basically these three lines, while here we have some shitty metaphors sprinkled on top, so at least that's kinda better (I don't really like that song either)
>>
>>61966467
Huh, didn't know those details about Daily Mail, but it makes sense. It surprises me that they would debut something so haphazardly though considering how long they take in between records.

As for Silent Spring, I'm sure the studio version, if they do indeed release one, will be much better than anything by Muse, as Radiohead is just better at writing music in general. I just hope that the anti-establishment/political statements are restrained enough on the new album that it regular theme throughout, lest we could be hyping up a real cringefest. And given lryics in recent songs like The Daily Mail and Silent Spring, together with Thom's increasing tendency to talk politics in interviews, I don't think such an album is completely out of the realm of possibility.
>>
>>61966730
*that it's not a regular theme throughout
>>
>>61966730
Yeah I guess it's possible that he's gonna talk politics and throw stones on this album.
>>
Kraftwerk covers album
>>
Is this going to be released soon or am I hyped for nothing?
>>
>>61966730
If the album will sound anything like Identikit, I'll be totally fine with any lyrics, Luckily, English is my second language, and I suck at comprehending lyrics on the fly. So if it turns out the album is very political, I just won't google any.
>>
File: 1451093280556.png (444KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451093280556.png
444KB, 800x600px
i'm going to be honest: i wonder why you even care
>>
>>61966914
Guaranteed release in 3 months, because nobody ever debuts an album at a festival, usually it's at least 2-3 months in advance.
I feel that it'll release before mid-Febuary.
>>
>>61966979
Because theyre a great band with some exceptional studio albums and a consistent discography.
>>
File: 1418186627774.jpg (19KB, 387x468px) Image search: [Google]
1418186627774.jpg
19KB, 387x468px
The Present Tense is going to be one of their best songs.
>>
>>61967085
>implying that'll be on anything before LP11, i.e, reunion LP1 in 2032
>>
>>61967195
Nah man I think it's going to be on this album. I feel it. He played it at the Paris show, which shows that they're defintely working on it.
>>
>>61967252
Could be, I'm just shitposting
>>
File: jony and tom.jpg (30KB, 468x482px) Image search: [Google]
jony and tom.jpg
30KB, 468x482px
>tfw each song will have Jonny string arrangements
>>
File: gBnGcfg.png (17KB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
gBnGcfg.png
17KB, 300x196px
>>61967325
ohhh ok lol
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.