[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jesu / Sun Kil Moon (2016)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: jesu-sun-kil-moon.jpg (118KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
jesu-sun-kil-moon.jpg
118KB, 800x800px
What the fuck went wrong?

Indie's version of "LuLu"
>>
File: CQu3jY8WUAA09ey.jpg (56KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CQu3jY8WUAA09ey.jpg
56KB, 600x450px
>>61963827
>>
>>61963855

Hello there, good sir. It appears you are holding up a sign greeting Reddit. Believe it or not, this isn't Reddit though! This is 4chan, the music board, actually. Feel free to stay, just realize this isn't Reddit.
>>
File: CAfEtUbUQAAq7eS.jpg (44KB, 599x655px) Image search: [Google]
CAfEtUbUQAAq7eS.jpg
44KB, 599x655px
>>61963827
>>61963870
>>
Sun Kil Moon and Jesu are quite "hit-or-miss" artists
seems like at least one of them missed on this one
>>
We should pay off Mark's girlfriend to dump him so he can finally release some decent music. It sucks because anytime I'm on a date and the girl asks me about my favorite bands and I mention Mark Kozelek, and I have to say in parathensis (I know I spelled that wrong) that I don't like his newer stuff. I don't want some girl I'm interested in googling and listening to The Possum.
>>
>>61963939
But The Possum is good you fucking pleb
>>
>>61963939
could be worse If you're german desu. Kozelek sounds like Kotze Leck/Puke Liker.
>>
>>61963827
I thought it had a few pretty good tracks on it, but I'm not really familiar with either of their other albums...
>>
Pics of Caroline?
>>
It is alongside Raditude the only albums on RYM I've given a 1.5

I was genuinely angry at how disappointing it was
>>
>>61964383

Did you like Universal Themes? Do you like Jesu?

What went wrong in your opinion?
>>
File: cat spagethi.jpg (46KB, 358x358px) Image search: [Google]
cat spagethi.jpg
46KB, 358x358px
>>61963827
>Indie's version of "LuLu"
and how is that a bad thing?
>>
>>61964436
I thought Universal Themes still had some stunning moments but it had a worrying amount of indulgence and pushing the 'stream-of-conscious' lyric style too far in the direction of indulgent meaninglessness, Jesu I like some of his stuff and thought his Silver EP is one of the rare non-My Bloody Valentine shoegaze releases that is genuinely great but I think a lot of the time he gets boringly repetitive and doesn't know how to make songs with good production and uses the whole 'but it's intentional!" shtick to cover up the fact that he doesn't really know how to produce non-basic electronic elements

and desu I have no idea, I think maybe after making music for 20-30 years with nobody really caring then suddenly getting attention after Benji and the controversies with the press with Mark being a bit of a dick his new material is both an over-reaching response to people liking the style of Benji and a bit of a "fuck you" to everyone who has ignored all his other material and only liking him recently because of Benji

Fragile to my ears proves he can still do it and before he used to take his time with producing albums so maybe in another year or two he'll snap out of it
>>
It's like a 7.5/10.
>>
This album is so bad... what happenned? I haven't listened to a single interesting moment in this album.
>>
>there are people who want mark to repeat the shit he did 20 years ago instead of branching out

top pleb
>>
I like some of it, but a few tracks were a little repetitive.
>>
>>61963827
Haven't heard the jesu- sun kil moon collaboration yet, but..

Lulu was a good album anon. (i'm being honest.)
>>
>>61963827
>Indie's version of "LuLu"
so you're saying it's a masterpiece?
>>
Jesu has never dropped something that was amazing, it was always either good enough or not good enough.
>>
What happened is they decided to cash in on hipsters. If they cared about the quality of this project at all they would've made it an EP or a single and dropped most of the trite trash they used as filler. Exodus was decent enough track.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.