[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I always hear classical snobs calling Bach "mechanical,"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (70KB, 480x591px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 480x591px
I always hear classical snobs calling Bach "mechanical," "lifeless," "austere," or "background music." I never understood it; Bach's shit was always mad emotional to me.

As a guy who knows next to nothing psued-tunes, I've always found Mozart's music much more tepid and sterile.
>>
>>61963146
Bach was a fuccboi

Prove me wrong
>>
>>61963146
they're straight retarded

you want lifeless? Go listen to Mozart it's boring as fuck and _that_ is background music for rich people to listen to while they powder their wigs and eat their crumpets or whatever the fuck

Bach made music for the only person who matters (our lord and savior jesus christ)

Do you think he is going to make lifeless music for our lord? Tell those classical fags to go fuck themselves or tell them to meet me at this starbucks if they have any shit to be talking about Bach

7902 Van Nuys Blvd, Panorama City, CA 91402

I'll be there in an hour
>>
>>61963146
anyone who doesn't like bach or wagner probably listens to RYMeme shit like schoenberg or feldman. it's safe to say you should disregard their opinions on everything
>>
>>61963146
The whole Bach's stuff is emotionless wank thing's a meme. It's not classical snobs that say it, it's people new to classical. Most plebs I show Beethoven to for example can easily pick up on the things in his music. They can't do the same for Bach and think it's complexity for complexity's sake. Bach's work is like perfect because it is good in every way. There are a lot of nuances in terms of the variety of emotions, complexity, and arrangement/texture involved in his stuff.
>>
>>61963146
>I always hear classical snobs calling Bach "mechanical," "lifeless," "austere," or "background music."
Where?
>I've always found Mozart's music much more tepid and sterile.
Pleb.
>>
>>61963173
>fuccboi
well he was a good fucked for sure (20 kids with 2 wives...)
>>
File: Feels Franch madame.jpg (55KB, 321x340px) Image search: [Google]
Feels Franch madame.jpg
55KB, 321x340px
>muh emotions
>>
>>61963173
>makes claim
>"prove me wrong"
doesn't work that way dumbass
>>
>>61963146
>I always hear classical snobs calling Bach "mechanical," "lifeless," "austere," or "background music."
literally no fan of art music has ever said this. Anyone who knows the first thing about Bach knows he marries emotion with technical skill into a perfect form of expression.

>I've always found Mozart's music much more tepid and sterile.
Good taste. Mozart is pretty boring outside of his operas, Requiem and Mass in C minor
>>
>>61963486
>no mention of his quintets or concertos

Pleb
>>
>>61963219
Further proof that Mozart is underrated.

>>61963220
Bach is the most popular composer on RYM. Wagner is popular too.
>>
>>61963146
>classical snobs
>dont get bach
ya, this didnt happen, thanks for posting though
>>
>>61963220
>RYMeme shit
>like Schoenberg

what
>>
They're right. Bach's compositions are far more focused on being intricate than emotive. That's a fact. It's not a knock against him, as a lot of modern music does the same, such as various subgenres of jazz and metal.
>>
>>61963508
didn't mention them for a good reason. They're boring.

>>61963624
>Bach's compositions are far more focused on being intricate than emotive. That's a fact.
Thats not a fact. Not even close.

Listen to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1104IXBwbz4
or this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjDdPvMayCY

Full of emotion. 100% more emotion than any Jazz or Metal.
>>
>>61963624
>Bach's compositions are far more focused on being intricate than emotive

Uh, no it's not? A lot of Bach's stuff isn't that complex by today's standards, and most of his work is supposed to be religious and spiritual.
>>
>>61963624
>le complex / emotional dichotomy

this is like rockism 101. or else high school orchestra levels of stupidity. i wish that /mu/ wasn't so obsessed with "i've played an instrument since i was 4 because i'm white and middle class!" as a valorizing badge of honor for one's opinions on music.
>>
>>61963624
bachs compositions arent particularly complex, it was the early 1700s, highly polyphonic music was just the norm.
>>
WHY YOU GUYS ALWAYS BE URINATING ON GREAT MUSIC
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp5mPL7IPMc

this thread was bait
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.