[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will digital watermarks permanently end early leaks? Also when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

Will digital watermarks permanently end early leaks? Also when will people get a hold of non-watermarked copies?
>>
Who knows and....who knows.
>>
you need to decode the file and remove the boolean digits that track your location.

Your personal information (whoever the early album release was sent to) has been encoded in just a few bits and the hard part is where in the 30+ long album these bits are stored
>>
I want it
>>
>>61962146
tell that to the people with copies
>>
Can someone man up and just lose their job and soil their career?
>>
It's cat and mouse. I haven't heard of these new water marks but I'm sure someone will come along and find a way to remove them.

In anycase do people really care? I personally wouldn't.
>>
>>61962146
Slightly EQ the whole album to fuck with it.
>>
SOMEONE RUIN THEIR LIFE SO I CAN HEAR THIS A FEW WEEKS EARLY PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>61962146
> Boolean digits

You have no fucking idea what those words mean, clearly. Don't try to act smart.
>>
File: smith.jpg (307KB, 644x678px) Image search: [Google]
smith.jpg
307KB, 644x678px
>>61962805
dude I'm from /g/

I'm running linux and have 3 terminals open, I think I have a better idea of what I'm talking about than you. Don't try to act like you're smarter than me

fucking kids I swear
>>
>>61961661
It's actually not hard to remove them, it's just that the easy way of doing it is to add enough noise to drown out the watermark and that would obviously fuck the sound quality. It's certainly not impossible to get a proper non-watermarked rip of something though, private release groups do it all the time and multiple people on Collected Animals have already offered to help.
>>
>>61962714
Disregard this suggestion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_watermark

No way you're getting around that.
>>
>>61962881
zozzle
>>
>>61962881
What did you just say to me you little bitch?
Ok, seriously, boolean digits is not a thing, dude.
>>
>>61962947
>"boolean digits is not a thing, dude."
-some guy who has never studied Topological Boolean Algebra
>>
>>61962916
Well, it's possible if you have a lot of computer time for number crunching and minimum 2 albums, and I'm pretty sure getting 2 music reviewers with cs degrees or smth, who'll be both in cahoots to leak this record is really unlikely.
>>
Last night I dreamt that promo copies were being given out. My friend didn't want his so I took it, planning to leak it. That way he would get in trouble and not me. It was only when I woke up that cruel reality hit me.
>>
>>61962947
He probably means binary digits. Get off your high horse, sophomore.
>>
>>61962947
>Topological Boolean Algebra
Are you a fucking retard?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-22-23-05-05-1.png (792KB, 1080x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-22-23-05-05-1.png
792KB, 1080x1073px
LEAK IT DEAK
>>
File: dino.jpg (139KB, 779x635px) Image search: [Google]
dino.jpg
139KB, 779x635px
>>61963061
https://www.math.nmsu.edu/~jharding/AmesTopBA2014.pdf

yes it is, shut up nerd
>>
File: a_real_human_bean.jpg (117KB, 491x750px) Image search: [Google]
a_real_human_bean.jpg
117KB, 491x750px
>>61962881
I mean, besides the fact that this is an overwhelmingly stupid troll, even if you originally meant "binary digits" you're still fucking retarded, because "binary digits" can't track you.
>>
>>61963607
You're right now reading binary digits, interpreted as text and meme pictures, using a monolith of a century of technological advances, to manipulate them in such a way, that you can see and do stuff with those digits.

Even the digital music is just binary digits; putting some kind of unique footprint in here, unnoticable to your ear is fucking easy as hell.
>>
File: stupid_post.jpg (28KB, 198x320px) Image search: [Google]
stupid_post.jpg
28KB, 198x320px
>>61963607
>binary digits can't track you
>claims others are trolling
>>
>>61963746
You literally have no idea what you're talking about. The 1990s "EVERYTHING IS 1S AND 0S" bull shit is such a gross oversimplification. That's not how reality is.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.