[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Sonic Youth the coolest dad rock band of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: goo.jpg (121KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
goo.jpg
121KB, 700x700px
Is Sonic Youth the coolest dad rock band of all time?
>>
No they suck dick
>>
File: my friend moo.jpg (124KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
my friend moo.jpg
124KB, 700x700px
>>
>>61955056
So does your mom but you don't see me making posts on /mu/ about her
>>
>>61955064
My mom isn't a band dipshit
>>
>>61955052
I have legitimately never met anybody my dad's age that liked Sonic Youth. Stop being such an insufferable hipster faggot.
>>
>>61955071
Dads rock her pussy all night long so I think we can give her an honorary dad rock medal.
>>
>>61955078
That's not how it works and you know it buddy. Stop playing shit like you're a big man
>>
is bon jovi dad rock
>>
>>61955086
I'm just trying to have fun and shitpost because you decided to shitpost in my thread man, no need to take it so seriously.
>>
>>61955096
Fuck you I'm not shitposting or taking you seriously I just think Sonic Youth suck dick
>>
>>61955101
>Not shitposting
>Saying a band sucks without any rationale for that opinion on a music board

haha okay man
>>
>>61955086
>>61955101
>>61955071
imagine being autistic like this
>>
guys answer me
>>
>>61955109
Oh wow I listened to their albums and I didn't like them what more do I need
>>
>>61955095
technically it's momrock but you're close
>>
>>61955127
typically on a music discussion board we try to explain why we like or dislike an album

I mean if you dislike them then thats cool I get that they're not everyone's thing but there's zero point in you posting in a thread to say you dislike them without anything to warrant your belief unless you wanted to shitpost, and when I tried to engage you in that you just rebuked me

idk what you wanted to gain from being in this thread man
>>
is u2 momrock too
>>
>>61955153
no. they're definitely auntrock
>>
>>61955052
SY tried too hard. I'd say a band like The Smiths are definitely cooler.
>>
>>61955052
>dad rock
u wot
>>
>>61955234
my dad and all of his friends really like SY, they're the ones who I got into them from

and all of my close friends at my university's radio station have parents who absolutely adore the band so I figured they fall within that category
>>
>>61955215
Smiths are different though. Cannot be compared. They have a ddifferent kind of appeal...like what was that genre called...british jangle pop? the smiths feel like a predecessor of bands belonging to that genre
>>
>>61955071
>being this autistic

Wew lad
>>
>>61955071
autism level 5
>>
>>61955111
sounds pretty shite desu
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.