[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the most noise rockiest Sonic Youth album? I have Sister,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1452980970422.jpg (48KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1452980970422.jpg
48KB, 500x377px
Which is the most noise rockiest Sonic Youth album?

I have Sister, Goo, DDN, and BMR but only a few songs on each really hit noise rock perfection for me

is there an album of theirs filled with songs like the first 2/3rds of trilogy, pacific highway, cinderella's big score, and ghost bitch?
>>
>>61942917
SYR series m8 desu checkem
>>
>>61942917
How have you not heard Confusion is Sex? It's their most abrasive album.
>>
>>61942917
Also Flower if you skipped the bonus tracks off BMR.
>>
sonic youth are shit
just listen to the bands they ripped off
>>
>>61943159
>sonic youth are shit

Wrong. Bad Moon Rising is better than 90% of No Wave stuff. Although i do love No Wave, they really really transcended that mislabel. It's when they signed with Geffen that they started making questionable decisions.
>>
>>61943235
>really really

fuck, typo.
>>
> see sonic youth live for the first time in maybe 1987

> mfw they get the drills out and start to go to town on their guitars
>>
>>61943272
I would've loved to see this.
>>
>>61942917
SYR series as well. The rest should be relabelled as Noise Pop, but just because they have an alt-rock sound and grunge sound people say it's noise rock. Sonic Youth stopped making noise rock after EVOL
>>
SYR series for sure. Annagramma has my vote.
>>
>>61943159
>the bands they ripped off
?
>>
>>61942917
Confusion Is Sex and EVOL

>>61943484
>noise pop
That's even less accurate. It's art rock/alt rock with noise influences
>>
>>61943540
They've been compared to DNA and Glenn Branca (Lee and Thurston toured with him).
>>
File: folder.jpg (400KB, 479x480px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
400KB, 479x480px
Seriously can we talk about how great this album is?

The moment those bell-like guitars chime in on the intro you know you're in for a wild ride. It's like the most American album I can think of. Lyrically the songs are fantastic and the sounds here are like nothing else I can think of.

Has any other band made something similar to this?
>>
>>61942917
Confusion is Sex/Kill yr. Idols and their self titled EP are both p good and noisey/no-wavey
>>
File: washing machine.jpg (163KB, 1089x1082px) Image search: [Google]
washing machine.jpg
163KB, 1089x1082px
>>61942917
This is what you're looking for. It's also Sonic Youth's best album.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.