[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pearl Jam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 617W9ZTJGBL._SY300_.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
617W9ZTJGBL._SY300_.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
Why did Pearl Jam never make an album as good as this? I think the combination of them doing 50-70 takes of some songs and alcohol distracted them from evolving the psychedelic emotional intensity of the two choice cuts Even Flow, Alive, the deep cuts on the album are pretty tight but pale in comparison to the whirling masterpieces this band managed to create.

That introspective, dark, yet grooving and uplifting psychedelic sound.

Did they ever perfect it again?
Did anyone else?
>>
Sometimes you make something so unexpectedly good and spend the rest of your life trying to recreate it or top it off while your fans demand more of the same stuff.
>>
>>61928958
They did. That's a Pearl Jam album, anon.
>>
Ten was very grandiose album. The band does not want to return to that. Vs. is a good example of this.

Nirvana did the same with In Utero.

They didn't want to redo the albums/songs that made them popular.
>>
>>61928958
>Why did Pearl Jam never make an album as good as this?
They had like three.
>>
They let Eddie Vedder start writing songs instead of Stone Gossard. And they were never the same band after that.
>>
cringe thread
>>
>>61928958
Apparently they didn't expect Ten to get as big as it did so they made it a very personal album. After they achieved fame they kind of shied away from that.
>>
File: PearlJam-Vs.jpg (15KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
PearlJam-Vs.jpg
15KB, 320x320px
>Vs.
>Vitalogy
>No code
>binaural

They might not be the same style as Ten but they're really great albums in their own right.
>>
They didn't like the stadium rock production and solos. Not that it was their fault; just like with Nevermind, they didn't have the money or creative control to have the thing sound like they wanted.
>>
And frankly, Cobain was an idiot for saying PJ were fakers because they had too many solos in Ten when it wasn't really their fault. All subsequent albums sound a lot different.
>>
>>61928958
Psychedelic emotion
Fuck off you stupid ass fuck faggot
>>
>>61935657
He didn't like them because a bunch of Pearl Jam's members used to be in hair metal groups. Kurt thought that if you didn't start out playing indie noise rock or whatever in your local scene, you weren't really "alternative".
>>
>>61935694
"We turned down Guns'N'Roses. That would have been a big waste of time. I dunno about Soundgarden. We hung out with them and they seem like good guys. But then there's groups like Alice In Chains and Pearl Jam that are obvious corporate puppets. Many of these guys were involved in the hairspray/cockrock scene for years and now suddenly they all stop washing their hair, put on flannel, move up to Seattle from LA to get a record deal, and act as if they've lived here all their life. It's extremely offensive to me."
>>
>>61935729
Well, he got that right
but Vedder is so far ahead of his time, kurt rip in pepperoni
>>
I was an angsty teen back then and I never liked PJ anyway. I found them boring. I had their albums, but then everyone did.
>>
>>61935729
members of Pearl Jam where a part of the seattle music scene years before kurt
>>
Is Eddie Vedder the most annoying iconic rock vocalist ever? He sounds like the magnification of all of the faults in Jim Morrison's style.
>>
>>61935729
>>61936365
AiC where born an raised in washington too, kurt was just trying to shill the competition, fucking corporate puppet hypocrite
>>
>>61931431
fatal and strangest tribe
I need more stone gossard
>>
>>61935729
>Offensive

Topkek
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.