[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you ever read while listening music? what kind of music do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1452066419064.jpg (334KB, 1161x869px) Image search: [Google]
1452066419064.jpg
334KB, 1161x869px
do you ever read while listening music?
what kind of music do you listen to while reading?
>>
I never have done it, but i have thought of doing it. Sometimes there's so much god damn noise in my house i can't focus.

I feel like the music could be more distracting to me though. I'd rather listen to nature noises.
>>
I can't read
>>
I can't read and listen to music at the same time, i end up being unable to focus on neither.
>>
Something without words, so the language part of my brain can focus on the words on the page. Field recordings of ponds at night and nighttime forest sounds are nice, but that's not really music.
>>
Is that your waifu? But yeah, I've done this. Usually Radiohead, Mineral, and American Football.
>>
File: PaysageDhiver-DieFestung.jpg (83KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
PaysageDhiver-DieFestung.jpg
83KB, 700x700px
I do often. In fact with certain novels I listen to certain albums. I mostly listen to ambient music while reading, and sometimes some Grouper.

Right now I'm reading Germinal by Zola and I've been listening to Die Festung - Paysage d'Hiver. The cold feeling of the album is cool to read along to the book with.

>>61928678
You're missing out.
>>
>>61928678
Why can't you read, anon?
>>
>>61928721
nice musical taste
>>
I listened to entanglements by parenthetical girls while reading slaughterhouse 5 they don't really match each other though so Idk why I did that
>>
I listen to field recordings when I read
mostly rain/thunderstorms
>>
Been reading Malazan Book Of The Fallen lately, I listen to atmospheric black metal while doing so.
>>
>Brian Eno Ambient 1
>Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

>Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid
>Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville

Fantastic combinations. I can't read/study to music with lyrics.
>>
I find it really hard to concentrate on reading when there's music on, It just fucks with my brain. unless it's very unintrusive ambient stuff like Aphex Twin's ambient works ii or the like.
>>
>>61928480
>eating just a slice of bread
>>
File: 1444172278306.jpg (1MB, 1096x1876px) Image search: [Google]
1444172278306.jpg
1MB, 1096x1876px
>>61928678
Yroue misisng uot
>>
>>61932811
Meditations is dope, I idolize Marcus Aurelius.
>>
>>61928480
dunno about reading but 2814 is fucking excellent runescape music
>>
>>61933722
same. I can't divide my attention that way, but I've found that SAW and other ambient works are great behind abstract algebra or reading
>>
>>61928480
>ayn rand
>goosebumps
>tolkien
>the bread in his jacket
>that hentai

i just
>>
I've been reading Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and listening to BoC when I ride the bus to work every day.
>>
>>61928480
I love that image.
>>
I listen to whatever fits the tone.

For example I listen to jazz when I read Chandler or Hammett
>>
>>61928480
Field recordings
>>
I've been reading Solaris and listening to space ambient stuff like Tangerine Dream and Ken Camden. Top notch.
>>
>>61928480
anime desktop
bread in neck
goosebumps

whyy
>>
>>61928678
>tfw i can read but never have attention span long enough to finish a chapter and also shitty memory so i forget what the last chapter was about
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.