[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Albums you beat to death and can no longer enjoy.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 12

File: beach_boys-pet_sounds.jpg (111KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
beach_boys-pet_sounds.jpg
111KB, 600x600px
Albums you beat to death and can no longer enjoy.
>>
File: gorillaz_demon_days 2.jpg (93KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
gorillaz_demon_days 2.jpg
93KB, 1024x1024px
I was an autist back then. Hearing this shit again gives me those embarrasing flashbacks.
>>
>>61927409
i'm sorry for you op :(
>>
File: Nevermind.jpg (122KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Nevermind.jpg
122KB, 600x600px
This, sadly.

I still think it's flawless though, so I really wish it would do for me what it used to.
>>
File: homepage_large.ae7547bf.jpg (71KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.ae7547bf.jpg
71KB, 319x319px
>>
File: Protest_the_Hero_-_Fortress.jpg (43KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Protest_the_Hero_-_Fortress.jpg
43KB, 300x300px
This is how my least favorite protest the hero album because I listened to it so fucking much in high school
>>
File: MI0002324182.jpg (21KB, 400x390px) Image search: [Google]
MI0002324182.jpg
21KB, 400x390px
Kinda true, unless i'm drunk
>>
File: Malcolm_in_the_middle.jpg (90KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Malcolm_in_the_middle.jpg
90KB, 500x500px
>>
The albums I like the most I rarely ever listen to because i'm afraid I won't like it if I hear it too much.
>>
>>61927692
This, really. I mean it's OK to listen to albums you like over and over again but you have to save the ones you love for when you really need it.
>>
>>61927609
i can listen to this once a year and it's GOAT but any more than once and it's FOH
>>
File: Black Sabbath Paranoid.jpg (210KB, 1600x1592px) Image search: [Google]
Black Sabbath Paranoid.jpg
210KB, 1600x1592px
I'm finally starting to be able to enjoy it again though
>>
>>61927692
holy shit, good to know I'm not alone
>>
>Everything by Dylan
>Everything by Bowie
>Everything by The Beatles
I fear Talking Heads and Velvet Underground will suffer a similar fate.
>>
>>61927748
They have so much how do you get sick of "everything"? I mean VU and TH i'm burnt out on because they don't have many albums. Dylan and Bowie have tons of albums and are still releasing new stuff so i'm always discovering a new album from them I enjoy.
>>
>>61927824
Bowie died man. I'm sorry you had to hear it here
>>
Majority of Modest Mouse, sadly. They've been a favorite of mine since I was 15, but lately have not been interesting me.
>>
>>61927824
I binge on an artists until I get bored of them. I hate doing it but when i don't know what to listen to I go back to them. I need to start listening to more new stuff but I usually just listen to it once and forget about it.
>>
File: velma.jpg (86KB, 781x741px) Image search: [Google]
velma.jpg
86KB, 781x741px
>>61927892

Modest Mouse are a poor man's Built to Spill
>>
File: cover.jpg (539KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
539KB, 1200x1200px
years ago this became the soundtrack to my life. I listened to this on the way to school, during school, on the way home from school, at the store, at home, everywhere, whenever possible -- I fucking shit you not. the first time I heard it I was absolutely fucking blown away by how unique it was, the aggressive vocals and unconventional beats and overall layout of the songs. I loved how raw and tribal it was and I couldn't get enough of it for two years straight; that's right, I felt like I was addicted to this album and I had to be listening to it whenever possible, and it took one full year for me to get bored of it. a whole year!

after getting bored of Exmilitary I repeated the same process with the rest of dg's albums but to a lesser extent, I got bored of most of them much quicker. but yeah, basically over the years me and my friends played the fuck out of death grips to the point where everything they've done eventually 100% lost its appeal, I listen to death grips now and it does absolutely nothing for me. one exception to this, though, is Government Plates, I still listen to it today; although today I listen to a very large variety of albums and artists, instead of just listening the fuck out of one single artist or album until I get bored of it like I used to. sorry for the somewhat long read but just felt like sharing an uninteresting story

>>61927525
>>61927544
played the fuck out of these two albums when I was younger, yeah. also I don't think I've gone through a phase in my life which I now look back at and cringe, but demon days does bring back profound memories of middle school and such
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 445x482px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 445x482px
>>61927934
No
>>
before the internet, finding a great album might've been like adding a new treasure to the pile

now it's like a process of immediately getting your mind blown by even more powerful music

if the music capable of bending your brain is depleting faster than its getting replaced, then you need to torrent quicker

either you feel nostalgia for what you've already outgrown - or you put it aside and move on to music that moves you on ever more personal, visceral levels.
>>
>>61928261
Too true
>>
Anything by Pink Floyd.
>>
>>61927934
Similar sound for sure.
>>
>>61928026
hmmm kinda like a drug
>>
>>61927409
i just listened to this for the first time yesterday. you mad?
>>
File: Folder.jpg (394KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
394KB, 600x600px
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.