[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So which is it mu? >revolver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (311KB, 615x461px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
311KB, 615x461px
So which is it mu?

>revolver
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 477x618px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 477x618px
>>>/reddit/
>>
The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
File: image.png (241KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
241KB, 480x480px
>>61926072
>>61926073

I too remember when I first found mu, you will eventually leave the anger phase
>>
>>61926102
sorry bruh been here since 2010
>>
>>61926176
Slow learner
>>
White Album
>>
Abbey Road imo.
>>
sgt pepper 2bh imo pham
>>
My favorite Beatles album(s) aren't even pictured.
>>
>>61926038
>SPLHCB
>Rubber Soul
>Revolver
>Magical Mystery Tour
>Beatles For Sale
>Please Please Me
>Everything else
>>
>>61927420
This

Revolver and MMT are a distant second
>>
Abbey Road with The Beatles as a close second.
>>
>Sgt. Pepper or Rubber Soul
>both mono because both suck dong in stereo
>>
>>61927788
I disagree somewhat about Sgt. Pepper. Sgt. Pepper was masterfully engineered in stereo, because Abbey Road Studios was a masterful studio in general at that point. The only issue I have is that She's Leaving Home isn't sped up ever so slightly to make Paul sound younger.
>>
>>61927828
Yeah I just learned about the mono vs stereo debate with the Beatles and re-listened to their discography in mono and it was much better except Sgt. Pepper. I wasn't sure if it was because I've played it in stereo all my life, and way more than any other Beatles album, or it was just the exception to the mono thing.
>>
White Album

In The Beginning is one of my favorite live albums ever.
>>
>>61926038
>the Day Tripper / We Can Work It Out single
is literally all I need from the Beatles project
...which you won't find on any of the above albums
>>
>>61927828
It's funny because the Beatles themselves weren't even that crazy about Abbey Road as a studio and thought there were better ones out there. During recording sessions of their last couple albums John started talking about doing a new album in a different one, but they broke up before that.
>>
stereo all the way
>>
>>61927976
I'd have loved to hear the Beatles at Gold Star.
>>
>>61926038
Revolver > Abbey Road > Magical Mystery Tour

Then the rest.
>>
Sgt.peppers is best beatles
>muh abbey road
more like meme road
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.