[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kurt Cobain was literally a musical genius. Had he not been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

File: kurt-cobain-suicide-note[2].jpg (43KB, 628x471px) Image search: [Google]
kurt-cobain-suicide-note[2].jpg
43KB, 628x471px
Kurt Cobain was literally a musical genius.

Had he not been murdered Bleach, Nevermind and In Utero would all be seen as some of the weaker albums in his discography, this is fact.

Just listen to this, it's one of the last songs he composed/recorded (and it's beautiful).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoTnXFzmav0
>>
>musical genius

I love Cobain too but his talent was in marketing and performance. Musically he was nothing extraordinary
>>
File: 1478302947675.jpg (122KB, 325x717px) Image search: [Google]
1478302947675.jpg
122KB, 325x717px
>>61922964
>>
>>61923042
>Musically he was nothing extraordinary

Some people are so contrarian they actually believe this
>>
I'll concede that Nirvana's music got better as they went on and that they might've been on the cusp of a genuine classic after In Utero.
>>
>>61922964
He's no kanye west but I guess he was okay
>>
>>61922964
I do agree that he seemed to be on the upswing. He talked about the kind of music he wanted to make in one of his last interviews and it sounded like it would have been legit.
Im not a huge nirvana fan (though I am a fan) but I would have loved to see what else he would have put out
>>
>>61923082
Maybe we have different definitions of a musical genius. Kurt wrote great lyrics but his guitar playing was not complex. To me a musical genius is someone who can play several instruments and identify notation like a second language.
>>
>>61922964
Meat puppets copycat
>>
>>61923191
Pixies copycat
>>
>>61923185
>but his guitar playing was not complex.
technically it wasn't, but he was actually a very good guitar player
>To me a musical genius is someone who can play several instruments and identify notation like a second language.
lmao wow
>>
>>61922964
Yeah Kurt really was something else, although he wasn't the only one. somehow he stood out, being too cool for everything and all that .
>>
>musical genius

el oh el
>>
>>61923744
go listen to Weezer
>>
>>61922964
who is that middle aged guy?
>>
>>61922964
This sounds like Weezer.
>>
>>61924608
kill yourself immediately
>>
>>61922964
BECAUSE THE INTERNET
>>
Didn't he basically copy Pixies and Weezer?
>>
>>61923185
the beauty was how rythmically complex the guitar was when overlayed with the other instruments and especially the vocals, and the fact that he could do them both at the same time
>>
>>61923185
>but his guitar playing was not complex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY_HbFr3qc8
>>
>>61922964
Kurt cobain was a whiney faggot
>burning down churches is cool guise xD
>>
>>61926211
>how rythmically complex the guitar was when overlayed with the other instruments
It was never rhythmically complex. Ever. To insinuate that is an insult to both Cobain's actual talents and to actually complex pieces.
>>
Never was a huge Nirvana fan, but I can't deny Cobain had one of the best raspy singing voices of any singer.
>>
>>61926406
>>61926330
>>
>>61926330
>>61923185
>>61923042
>the only thing you can apprice is the bass and the drums. Guitar don't have nothing special only noise, but i have to say that the energy that the guitar transmit is awesome

that is a quote from that youtube video. please fuck off to youtube if you think cobain's guitar playing wasn't great
>>
To just ask "Why did Kurt kill himself?" is dumb, because no one truly knows, but to ask what your opinion on why Kurt ended it all is completely legit. What was it that led him to do that, in your opinion?

It's pretty obvious he was going to do it at some point. He left trails of it everywhere he went. In interviews he constantly mentioned it, it was a major theme in a lot of the lyrics, and he had tried it as a kid. In all honesty, I think his parents divorce set something off in him. Seems like he was emotionally fragile from a young age. and that seems like why. The incident at his his school with the pseudo mentally challenged girl seemed to further crack his fragile foundation, then becoming mainstream (which he hated), Courtney saying she was thinking about leaving him, heroin, and everything else just seemed to do him in. But the root of it seems to be a deep insecurity and hate for himself that came from that divorce.

The weird thing is, it seemed like half the time he was really happy and light hearted, and the other half he had this darkness inside of him that was determined to come out.

I don't know, I guess I'm saying his parents divorce caused something deep and painful to happen to him and he took things extremely personal and it all added up. If he was that fragile, maybe it happened anyway even if his parents stayed together, but he said he had a wonderful childhood until that happened and then his life went to sh*t. So, IMO, that's what ultimately did it.

Either way, it's still as heartbreaking now as it was 20 years ago, and I still hate it the same way I did when I was a kid. I hope the new documentary shows Kurt the person and what a compassionate, deep individual he was and doesnt just focus on the America's last rockstar.

What say you? His death still stings but let's unite and appreciate his masterpieces together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfwBDBo_Sl0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Lud_5ObWA
>>
>>61926506
Im not him, but his guitar playing was great,
It was also derivative and unoriginal
He walso very aware of this which is part of the reason he was so cool
>>
>>61926506
this, plebs always go on about how shit his guitar playing was because the noise and emotion behind his playing go completely over their heads, all they hear is the power chords
>>
>>61926559
*He was also*
>>
>>61926330
Those are some pretty generic harmonic and feedback tricks DESU.
>>
File: Cobain1[2].jpg (37KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Cobain1[2].jpg
37KB, 300x300px
This is his best guitar-work imo

https://vimeo.com/54689316
>>
>>61926567
"He's great because e-e-e-emotions, totally, the fact that he only played power chords means nothing!"

At this point it's easier to admit he wasn't a great player but a great composer instead of digging so far up your own arse for arguments you touch your own intestines.
>>
>>61926612
tell me this guitar playing (especially the solo) isn't pure emotion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3EkYKnEqLQ

but mainly he's a good guitar playerBECAUSE he was a good composer, he knew how to make his guitar sound great with a somewhat limited ability
>>
>>61922964
If he was a genius why he didn't know what side of the gun shots the bullet?
>>
>>61926716
Nirvana has always put me to sleep so even if it were pure "emotion" that man and I exist on different planes of existence. But seriously, fuck off, he was a shit guitar player.

I can, and will, concede that he had a way of getting to people. But his guitar playing was nothing remarkable, even if it really gets to you. I'm a punk fan, and punk guitarists get to me, I still would never try to argue they were good guitar players. Accept the flaws of the things you like, for dear lord. Trying to make gods out of men is pathetic.
>>
>>61926559
well obviously, it's not like he invented noise rock. but he did it all damn well, from songwriting to guitar playing
>>
File: kuck.jpg (554KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kuck.jpg
554KB, 2000x1000px
>enters thread
>>
>>61926840
god damn it get out of here Billy!
>>
>>61926840
it amazes me nobodies killed her yet
>>
>>61925276
This song is basic as hell.
>>
Kurt was an amazing person his mind was one of the best of his time the way he interpreted the world was truly amazing his creativity was so unique that after his death he still manages to live on inside us he will never truly die out RIP
>>
>>61926840
>>61926848
Pavement: Range Life

Out on tour with the Smashing Pumpkins,
Nature kids, no they don't have no fuction,
I'm not really sure, what they mean,
And I could really give a fuck

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1VVj1zqbWpU
>>
>>61926804
you're not getting this at all. if a guitarist elicits emotion, he is a good guitar player. who gives a fuck if he plays 3 power chords or a plays a classical guitar piece or is a virtuouso country guitar

maybe in a technical sense he isn't "good" but you know what everyone means
>>
>>61922964

Kurt cobain's music was the essence of pure depression. people who say he was murdered just can't understand what it's like to be trapped inside your own brain.
>>
>>61927152
he wasn't a good guitar player. he was absolutely nothing special as a guitar player, his talent was writing.

if you believe he was a great guitar player you should kill yourself.

great guitar players are people like Hendrix, Fripp, Knopfler etc. Cobain was a hack on the guitar compared to them
>>
extraordinarily creative AND extraordinarily skilled > only extraordinarily creative >>>> only extraordinarily skilled
Kurt was "only" extraordinarily creative.
Still far more interesting than uncreative but skilled musicians.
>>
>>61927303
eh you might be right i'm high. i'm just saying it's good and that i enjoy his playing more than some "better" guitarists
>>
>>61927401
you enjoy his music not his guitar playing
>>
>>61927381
this
>>
I enjoy his music but he was a good guitarist he wasn't amazing like Hendrix but he can play really well his lead belly cover on unplugged was breathtakingly good every time I listen to it when he takes that breath then carries on always sends shivers down my body that's true talent he didn't need to be great at the guitar but he was still a good guitarist and musician
>>
>>61927413
dude he's playing guitar. why can't i call him a guitarist
>>
Fuck knows
>>
I would totally shove Kurts sexy hair inside my pussy
>>
>>61927599
>pussy
?
>>
>>61927198
just because he was depressed doesn't mean he killed himself, you know that right?
>>
Anyone here like punk rock pussy?
>>
>>61922964
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_TEOuyPDNo
>>
It says it's unavailable to watch
>>
>>61928909
Can't watch it it's not available
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.