[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Thee Oh Sees album? I personally think Mutilator takes the cake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: CF-055cover_1024x1024.jpg (249KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CF-055cover_1024x1024.jpg
249KB, 1024x1024px
Best Thee Oh Sees album?

I personally think Mutilator takes the cake
>>
>>61917162
i probably like Carrion Crawler/The Dream or Floating Coffin the best

i was a little down on Mutilator Defeated at Last, i'd place it somewhere around the middle of the pile
why do you think it's the best?
>>
>>61917236
not op, but this album grew on me a whole lot since it came out, and I have to say it's definitely up there. it's just so moody and cool, and idk, it breaks away from the scene that they had a hand in developing I guess
>>
Floating Coffin is GOAT.
>>
Mutilator is a close 2nd to Drop. By just a shave. Anyone who disagrees doesn't know anything about writing music
>>
>>61917236
It has the best atmosphere I think, and the song writing is really fantastic. It has a lot of variety throughout, and its structured nicely a well.

I like that it breaks away from a lot of what they've done before, and I'm a big fan of artists mixing it up.

Also super sick album title.

Thee Hounds of Foggy Notion is another one that's up there on my list.
>>
>>61917394
it might be the Oh Sees album that i've listened to the least
BUT they're still my favorite band, and i bought the record, so it's not like it hasn't had plenty of time to grow on me
and don't get me wrong, i LOVE thee oh sees so a middling record is still way up there for me. i put it on my AOTY list with maybe 15 others

i'd say as far as the sound goes it's probably closest to Drop.....and i loved that one. i just thought Drop did a similar thing better.
i appreciated them trying to do some different things than they usually do, it was just a little too disjointed for my taste maybe, and i didn't think the highs were as high as usual
>>
anyone nervous about what the move will do to the band? Mutilator came out since then but still...

to me, Brigid Dawson is essential to the band.
and when i saw the new lineup live....well they were kind of lacking i thought
don't get me wrong, they still rocked, but i barely recognized a song the whole show. it just seems like an entirely different band
>>
>>61917939
I agree that it's a totally different band now, but in the end it's John Dwyer's baby, so idk, I like that he's just doing his thing
>>
>>61918101
yea i mean, it is
i kinda feel bad for Brigid, i hope she's cool with how things went. when John first moved, he said that she was still going to be on the albums and maaaybe the tour....and then she wasn't. Brigid's been there from the beginning, and the songs were they were both singing also sounded the best to me.

THAT BEING SAID, some of Thee Oh Sees albums that only had John on it are some of my favorites (Castlemania, Drop)

what do people think of Damaged Bug? on paper John doing a warped pyschedelic electronic thing sounds awesome but....it's just kinda alright
>>
>>61918345
I agree, I haven't really listened to either of the db albums in full since they came out, but some of the songs on both of them are so good! I'd love to see damaged bug stuff live though
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.