[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people such closed-minded pieces of shit? I know there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (47KB, 248x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 248x330px
Why are people such closed-minded pieces of shit? I know there was already a thread about this but this is seriously the hardest I've cringed in years. Old people are the fucking worst. They're the real "music snobs", and clearly don't understand the subjectivity of music. Nobody cares that you've been a Bowie fan for 47 years, chances are you forgot about him after Let's Dance came out anyway.
>>
>>61915426
How is this in any way Bowie's fault? I doubt a dead guy can be held accountable for an army of 9gaggers circle-jerking it to Dave Grohl and meme-hating Kanye West.

Yeah, it sucks that people hate him without listening to him, but there isn't much you can do.
>>
>>61915426
what makes you think kanye can make a good bowie album?
>>
Mate says i'm an attention whoring hipster - despite I never ever speak about what I listen to, own no band tshirts or have any music tattoos and this little rinkie dink bitch has a guitar tattoo, wears and joy division hoodie and listens to 1975.

>>61915426
>Talented Musician turns down a collab with a rapper. Honestly I'm not suprised.
>>
Because rap wasn't a thing when they were growing up and segregation was something that existed in the US only like a decade or so before. The 70s-80s weren't that far removed from the era where blacks had separate schools, so those attitudes were still fresh in the minds of a lot of people. These people don't understand rap beyond "black music" and "hood gangsta" and they're not willing to give it a chance because they view it as inferior due to beliefs and prejudice instilled into them.
>>
They won't let the prophecies play out. This was destined from the start. It's all linked together like an elegant chain. Bowie was truly an otherworldly man for these predictions.
>>
>>61915469
Bowie is in no way responsible, it's his terrible original fanbase.
>>
Its astounding how many people are salty about a baseless rumor

Do people really think p4k, or hell ANY reputable music site would've passed up on the chance to talk about this?
>>
>>61915475
I don't know. I was extremely curious to see how he would've gone about doing one.
>>
>>61915541
>expecting le wrong generation kids and fb normies to actually research something

they see a link to a buzzfeed article and believe it no questions asked
>>
>>61915505
This makes sense. Kanye is the most prolific rapper too so it makes sense that they'd choose him.
>>
>>61915426
I hate kanye
I love bowie
I hate cover albums
But I'm sympathetic about kanye missing bowie

I think he should do his own album but have guitars and drums and do his own thing with a bowie inspiration
>>
>>61915530
>original fanbase
only partly. I guarantee you most of this backlash comes from 13-18 year olds who rightly think Bowie is a legend, but take it way too far as to say his music can't be covered by who they see as a poor musician (because they all memehate on Kanye because he's successful and they're pakistani children or secluded white kids)
>>
>>61915654
Ironic because Bowie did plenty of covers.
>>
I'm a huge Bowie fan, and if anyone had to pay tribute to Bowie, I would've liked it to be Kanye. Chances are anything performed at his tribute concert or the Grammys would just be excruciatingly watered down versions of the original. At least Kanye would do something different and interesting
>>
>>61915688
>>61915654

Pinups is brilliant
>>
It would be in keeping with Bowie, the man loved pissing off and alienating his own fan base.
>>
>>61915696
Agreed. I think I'd have liked to have seen Ariel Pink cover glam-era Bowie as well for some reason.
>>
I'm 49 and it sounds pretty interesting to me. Although I have to admit I've never been big into Bowie except for Heroes.
>>
>>61915734
No thank you
>>
>>61915688
he didn't propose to cover where all the songs are from a recently deceased artist while claiming he will continue his legacy

plus most of his covers are good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cSAKlu0OlU
>>
Hopefully he doesn't bring out the 808s autotune vocals for this. Nothing against that record but that production would sound horrible with Bowie's stuff (except maybe his 80s shit).
>>
>Artists X will make a tribute to dead artist Y by having artists X producers make a song inspired on Y to him
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.