[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that this is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: 321.jpg (34KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
321.jpg
34KB, 1200x1200px
now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that this is one of the shittiest, overhyped and overmemed albums of all time?
>>
Yes.
>>
Maybe go listen to kanye west, OP
>>
Agreed. There's nothing special about it beyond the first two tracks.
>>
>>61911158
i liked it
>>
>>61911158
Boring album for muh sadness
>>
>>61911298
Not everyone listen to either pop-rap or sad white guy indie, you know.
>>
Name a better /mu/core that's less shitty, overhyped, and overmemed

You can't
>>
>>61911158
You could at least try giving reasons why.
>>
>>61911158
nah we can't
>>
>>61911158
Brilliant album and a work of genius. Wish I hadn't researched too much into the things Barrett used to record it. Makes it feel a little cheaply/crudely done when you do read into it. Still love the album, just has lost its wonder recently.
>>
>>61911158
I just don't see the appeal of it to be honest. The lyrics are bad, and I cannot stand his whiny voice.There are so many better gloom bands out there. This album really didn't do anything special.
>>
>>61911689
The lyrics aren't actually bad though. Have you even listened to the record?
>>
>>61911158
no just no
>>61911689
>lyrics are bad
they aren't
>whiny voice
that you can barely hear under a thick layer of instruments
>gloom bands
fuck off
>>
>>61911776
They are. Have you ever read any poetry in your life?

>>61911858
>fuck off

haha

Hopefully by the time you guys hit your 20's or something, you'll realize how mediocre that album is.
>>
It's pretty bad, and very overhyped, but you're senile if you think this is any more over-hyped than TMR, ITAOTS or Currents
>>
>>61911936
>thinking lyrics need to be perfect poetry from the classical era
>thinking anyone who likes this album is under the age of 21
>being this contrarian
>>
File: random album.png (6KB, 793x699px) Image search: [Google]
random album.png
6KB, 793x699px
now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that this is one of the shittiest, overhyped and overmemed albums of all time?
>>
File: cat_qmottaa.jpg (82KB, 834x345px) Image search: [Google]
cat_qmottaa.jpg
82KB, 834x345px
I like it. It feels atmospheric. There Is No Food on headphones
>>
Far from it, so no.
>>
>>61911982
You're right, you don't have to be under 21. You just have to be so immature that you cannot handle that people have differing opinions. Perhaps this is your first shoegaze record. Tell me what you think of this album after you explore the genre more.
>>
>>61912009
thanks for the template, saved
>>
>>61912101
>Perhaps this is your first shoegaze record
let me restate: haha fuck off
>>
>>61912101
>/mu/
>handling different opinions
>Deathconiousness
>exclusively shoegaze

lmao how's your first day?
>>
>>61911158
It's an 8/10. Some weak tracks drag it down, but the best stuff is incredible.
>>
>>61911936
Dan Barrett's lyrics are simple at times, but he also demonstrates poetic flourishes throughout the record. Also, comparing lyrics to poetry is a bit weak, considering the two exist in completely different contexts. Lyrics are written and designed with a musical piece in mind, so oftentimes poeticism isn't even really striven for, as the real goal is to let the music as a whole act as "poetry". Poetry, save for spoken word, generally doesn't have a musical context, and is meant to be read, not heard.

With all that being said, just looking at Bloodhail, it's quite easy to see Barrett's lyrical proficiency. There is excellent use of meter, especially, though many don't understand meter so I can understand you dismissing it. Furthermore, though, the anaphora in the chorus is actually pretty impressive, especially the way "can't you" is transformed into "and our" then "and it lasts". This section does an excellent job of reflecting and driving home the sense of despondency that pervades the album. The piece is also littered with allusions to the albums companion literature (which is really quite well-written), one especially well-executed one is the line "what a glorious set of stairs we make".

That literature, though, brings on a whole new level of meaning to not just the one song, but the album as a whole. It becomes an allegorical work referencing the companion literature, but also a double entendre due to its personal level of meaning (to Dan Barrett). I would highly recommend giving it another listen if you missed out on the poeticism, because it actually is quite well-done, and in tandem with excellent musical composition and recording.
>>
>>61912359
I love Deathconsciousness and if this is pasta excuse me (because I haven't seen it) but please refrain from trying to analyse lyrics with A-Level English standard knowledge.
>>
>>61912413
?

I would hardly consider it much of an analysis. It just points out, to the previous poster, the littany of poetic devices and techniques present in just one song on the album, in response to their claim that it isn't poetic. I mainly highlighted basic concepts, sure, but mostly in the interest of maintaining simplicity.
>>
>>61912495
Sorry m8
>>
>>61911936
>>61912359
Dan can't write his way out of a paper bag.
>>
>>61912616
What a well articulated argument.
>>
>>61911158
The only reason /mu/ even likes this album is because Dan spammed it to fucking death here.
>>
>>61911689
>There are so many better gloom bands out there
Give me 7.
>>
>>61912637
>thinking anyone who posted back in 2008 still posts here
lmao

Also the album is like in more places than /mu/ you know.
>>
>>61912637
He did? Got some screenshots of that?
>>
>>61912661
/r9k/?
>>
>>61912637
>implying people don't viral their shit all the time
here with no real-world results

the delusion is real
>>
>>61912681
rym, lastfm, whatcd
>>
>>61911537
>less overmemed
>>
THESE ATOMS ARE LIARS
>>
>>61911646
that makes it even cooler imo. Its not as if him going for the low fi vibe by using shit equipment makes the work any less substantial
>>
Better than The Glow Pt 2. Don't know why I associate the two with each other though.
>>
>>61912495
Lmao you are such a pretentious laughable pseudo-intellectual. Go read book instead of listening to second-rate Interpol in 128 kbits.
>>
Planning For Burial's Quietly is even better
>>
>>61914523
>Don't know why I associate the two with each other though.
Because they're both /mu/core.
>>
Nope. Guess you are going to have to go back to reddit for approval.
>>
>>61911158
It's good
>>
File: 1446952668876.jpg (585KB, 1519x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1446952668876.jpg
585KB, 1519x2000px
>>61911158
>shittiest, overhyped and overmemed
lmao
>>
>>61916234
Dumb weeaboo
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.