[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Hot albums we've already forgotten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: homepage_large.f675c211.jpg (79KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.f675c211.jpg
79KB, 319x319px
ITT: Hot albums we've already forgotten
>>
pseudointellectual indie kid-friendly "intellectually stimulating" fodder ages very quickly and ever quicker, at this point major musical fads for pitchfork-reading collegiate youth change twice a year, and sunn o))) is very much a mid-to-late 2000s type of thing, their time is up
they are also shit

a bad caricature of a band, a bad caricature of a sound
>>
>>61907718
gotta be said though, props to the boys for syncing themselves up with the current trend of that tacky, vapid "post-internet" aesthetic of shitty 3D rendered cover art
very topical, very contemporary
>>
>>61907718
Brutal post. True as well.

Still, no matter how little of real substance things like this had they were challenging enough to work as gateway stuff for kids hungry for more.

That was a serious advantage over the cancer of the mid-2010s - poptimism, which tells kids it's more than okay to just eat shit served by the industry and never look any further.
>>
As someone who loves their pre-Monoliths releases I must openly admit the band sucks balls nowadays.
>>
>>61907655
We didn't forget it, we never even brought it up here much in the first place.

Unless you're bored of the whole idea of their music, I think they're still pretty good. It's hard for them to make refreshing content, however, which is apparent sometimes. I still like Black One quite a lot, and Monoliths. I have the new record and need to listen to it all.
>>
>>61907772
lol you sound like a intelligentsia faggot. Just because you put the word "Post" and "Aesthetic" in between nouns doesn't mean it acctually makes sense to anyone but Yourself
>>
I thought the problem with Kannon was that everyone already knew these songs, they'd been live fixtures for a while by the time it came out.
>>
>>61907718
What part about Drone Metal is "indie kid friendly"?
>>
>>61909458
It's not, the guy you replied to wanted to seem "patrician".
>>
>>61907772
>3D rendered cover art
Spotted the retard
>>
>>61909458
they can show it to their clueless friends in order to gain more indie cred and come off as more savvy then they really are
>>
>>61907718
>>61907772
Spot the hip hop fans.
>>
It sounded good to me
I enjoyed it
You know why?
Because I'm not a retarded faggot that picks and chooses, if I like it, I like it.
>>61907718
Literally nobody cares.
>>
>>61907718
>Ladies and gentlemen: Why am I so much better than everyone else – the post
>>
>>61909458
Honestly, anything that's properly hyped and subsequently accepted as a cool thing to know and like can be "kid" friendly, because "kids" go check it out for the sake of it.
>>
>>61909673
True, through Drone Metals more the type of genre you accuse everyone who likes it of being pretentious then one which is accessible to "Indie Kids"
>>
>>61909717
I usually just got the feeling people listened to drone doom or metal because they like it. Idk lol
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.