[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is rock music actually dead or is it just not "cool"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: Rock-large-rock-large (1).gif (174KB, 476x485px) Image search: [Google]
Rock-large-rock-large (1).gif
174KB, 476x485px
Is rock music actually dead or is it just not "cool" anymore?
>>
>>61906898
not cool , rap and genres around it is all that counts now
>>
>>61907085
maybe in your ghetto.
>>
>>61907085
*in Amerifat
>>
>>61907085
bleeps are infinitely more important atm, even hip hop is getting old
>>
>>61906898
:tfw you used to despise metal and now it has been producing better albums than bare rock music
>>
>>61907099
In Poland at least and I'm saying it from a perspective of a person that listens to rock
>>
>>61907111
Only in Europe
>>
>>61907137
I'm actually from Poland too. I'm out of touch what's popular here, except for shit playing in the radio. Still, I don't think saying hip hop is the only thing that matters accurate.
>>
>>61906898
The problem is a lack of creativity in rock music at the moment. Currently, rock is in a period of "revival" genres and radio pop rock, and while some of the "revival" stuff has its merits, there needs to be innovation for the genre to pick up again.
>>
>>61907137
>>61907181
Don't you guys have one of the bigger freetekno scenes in Europe?
>>
I like to think of it as on hiatus
Rock music hasn't been interesting in a while with the influx of "indie" bands that say they play rock, they truly ruined the image and personality of rock.
>>
>>61907216
lol youre in denial, get with the times grandpa
>>
>>61907181
When it comes to young people specifically around college age it boils down to like 70% rap/trap/hip hop 10 % metalheads 10 % rest .
>>
>>61907243
>10 % metalheads
'indie'/'alternative' fans are much more common than metalheads
>>
>>61907137
>>61907181
You guys got Riverside, the best prog band right now
And also huge death metal scene
>>
>>61907287
At least where i live i rarely meet them.
>>
>>61907243
>>61907303
I feel like rock and hiphop are the most listened to genres.
Rock N' Roll is dead but there are plenty derivatives of rock that are still listened to.
Most people I know either listen to hiphop, pop, post-metal, indie rock, and any other type of rock.
>>
>>61907511
>post-metal
I don't think Isis, Pelican and Rosetta are that popular
>>
>>61907205
The only modern rock band I've been really getting into is these guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo5fE-Zl-V4

The guy's vocal range is impressive.
>>
>>61907511
>>61907527
I actually meant to say post-hardcore.
Most people seem to be in hiphop, pop music, or scene core in my experience.
>>
>>61906898
As a European I feel like in America hip hop is definitely the most popular genre right now by a landslide. Can't really say the same for Europe though, geetah music is still arguably the most popular and poppy EDM obviously, shit like aviici and calvin harris is constantly on the radio.
>>
>>61906898
it isn't, even if you are a normie.
What do you base this assumption on? Look at the views of the mainstream rock/metal bands on youtube
>>
>>61907137
Literally what
Bukowa is full of metalheads
>>
>>61907875
Funny thing is that many people in america are already declaring hip hop dead as well.
Problem here in europe is that people here believes that niggers are cool, while in the rest of the world only niggers/wiggers listen to nigger music.
>>
File: Swans_The_Seer_album.jpg (48KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Swans_The_Seer_album.jpg
48KB, 300x300px
Among my favorite albums of this entire decade, there are much more rock albums than hip hop albums.

So i would say definitely no.

>>61907205
There has been alot of creativity in the rock genre, there has been many experimental rock albums and avant-garde things released in this decade, your claim is very false anon
>>
I think we are going to have a rock resurgence soon. this shit comes in waves and all the lewronggeneration teens will soon be making rock bands of their own
>>
>>61906898
It's not dead, it just gets less press than other genres at the moment.
>>
>>61907205
>>61910277
Innovative rock music is still made, but it's not the "in" genre that the tastemakers have determined for us.
>>
>>61906898
its alright, its just that it is nowadays just as easy to get some rock music as it is to get something more interesting
>>
Both.

That doesn't necessarily make contemporary memerap or electronic music good though.
>>
>>61907801
This plus electronic is pretty accurate.
>>
Rock isn't rebellious anymore, other than perhaps the experimental bands to some degree. The rebellion, or actually the coolness that used to come with it, is an important aspect to rock'n'roll, since rock isn't just music, it's performance art.
>>
In terms of popularity hip hop stands king
In terms of innovation bleeps are at the top

Although rock isn't terrible in either of these aspects it's far from excelling in either atm
>>
>>61912059
>The rebellion, or actually the coolness that used to come with it, is an important aspect to rock'n'roll, since rock isn't just music, it's performance art.

Somewhere along the line the indiecucks forgot this.
>>
>>61912059
what about groups like fidlar, the orwells, protomartry?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.