[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a better music critic PROTIP: you can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1452980338140.jpg (54KB, 599x373px) Image search: [Google]
1452980338140.jpg
54KB, 599x373px
Name a better music critic

PROTIP: you can't
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 599x799px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 599x799px
I really can't.
>>
Your self and my self and anyone else as long as it is only treated as an opinion
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 250x224px
>>61905610
me cause I can tell you that this album fuckin sucks
>>
Can we all hit him up on Skype and convince him to review more music aka the only value he has to people?
>>
>>61905689
He responded to my email once.
>>
Piero Scaruffi is not a critic any more than the average /mu/tant.

A professional critic needs to be paid for their opinions, otherwise you're just another un-musically educated poster on the internet.
>>
>>61905697
what did he say
>>
>>61905610
he's thinking at us...
>>
>>61905701

yeah those "professional critics" that get paid.

like memethony fatano, and the entire pitchfork staff, they're obviously very musically educated.

they're different than you and I, special.
>>
>>61905697
post it faggot
>>
>>61905610
Lester Bangs
>>
>>61905697
To mine too

He responded twice in the same minute with completely different answers, then upon asking him which was correct I never heard from him again
>>
>>61905768
Regardless of whether you agree with them or you share similar tastes, there is a difference between ''(professional) critic'' and ''person with an opinion''.
>>
>>61905806
wtf
>>
>>61905793
post his picks
>>
lots of people. he is a very interesting music critic but the fact that even his fans realize you can't take all of his reviews seriously says something. he's just the type of person who would rather overestimate his grasp of music than underestimate it. within his domain of rock music he is solid.

still tho imagining this guy jamming it to loveless gets me every time.
>>
why does he even call his list "best of all times", does he actually believe that there is an objective taste to music? and that his taste just happens to coincide with that objective taste??
does /mu/ think there is an objective taste
>>
Schoolthony Shoottano
>>
>>61905793
I'm pretty sure that Lester Bangs could have a standing like scaruffi if he didn't die pre-internet.

Scaruffi called him the best american rock critic.
>>
>>61906331
post his taste
>>
>>61906366
http://www.rollingstone.com/contributor/lester-bangs
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 128x134px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 128x134px
Robert Christgau IN THE 60s AND 70s.
>>
>>61906401
where are the ratings?
>>
>>61906562
there were no ratings in the rolling stone back then.

Just take some of the albums you know and read the reviews
>>
>>61906676

>The Bells isn't merely Lou Reed's best solo LP, it's great art.

>"Disco Mystic," an exercise in churning R&B that should be a hit single, if there's any justice

nope, nope, nope
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.