[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best Led Zeppelin album and why is it Led Zeppelin II?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Led Zeppelin II.jpg (102KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Led Zeppelin II.jpg
102KB, 600x600px
What is the best Led Zeppelin album and why is it Led Zeppelin II?
>>
who gives a shit
>>
its actually paranoid
>>
>>61905199
it just is dude
>>
its III acoustic zeppelin is best zeppelin
>>
>>61905199
IV is the best. It has Stairway to Heaven on it and the only reason you pretend to dislike Stairway is because you've listened to it almost a thound times more often than their other songs. I think led zeppelin 2 is second because of moby dick. but 4 has when the levee breaks and black dog. yeah.
>>
>>61905472
Stairway to Heaven is their best song, I agree, but I think IV is a little clunky.
>>
>>61905472
But II has Whole Lotta Love, which has an amazing breakdown, and Heartbreaker, which is arguably the greatest guitar solo of all time. It just does everything you want a guitar solo to do
>>
>>61905199
IV is their best. Even the "dud" tracks on that one are great and has a lot of underrated tracks (Four Sticks, When the Levee Breaks). All their other albums have one or two skippable songs. IV has none.
>>
>>61905493
>and Heartbreaker, which is arguably the greatest guitar solo of all time.
its sloppy as fuck. the crown goes to stairway, free bird and comfortably numb and hotel california

honorable mention sultans of swing
>>
IV followed by Physical Graffiti
>>
>>61905552
jej
>>
III > IV > Presence > II > I > Physical Graffiti

All great albums, though.
>>
>>61905573
III is so underrated
>>
>>61905485
>Not "Achilles' Last Stand"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWOuzYvksRw
>>
>>61905582
>"Oooooo, I'm tellin' you now, the greatest thing you ever could do now..."
Chills every time.

"Immigrant Song" is also a personal favourite of mine, as is the underrated "Since I've Been Loving You" -- that organ is just amazing.
>>
>>61905616
since i've been loving you is so goat it hurts
>>
Tie between 1 and 4, though 4's highs are higher but I like the more obvious blues influence on 1. 2 and 3 aren't as consistent as the albums I prefer. They have some solid stuff later in their discog but really I always usually prefer artists first couple albums for various reasons that I don't have the care to explain.
>>
>>61905589
Damn, I forgot about that one...
>>
BAAAAAAYYYYY BAAAAAYYYYYY BAAAAAAYYYY
>>
Because ramble on, the lemon song, and bring it on home. II is my favorite for sure
>>
>>61905199
PG is the best
>>
>>61906256
This too
>>
>>61905199
>f3
>"Song Remains the Same" - 0 results
What the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>61906308
well, it's a live album, different story.

I'm >>61906256 and as there's no PG material on TSRTS (or HTWWW) i couldn't pick them as my number 1.
>>
>>61906375
Houses of the Holy IS their best (also evillest) song, I'll give you that.
>dat Satan worship
>>
File: tumblr_mhfzvvR40V1rrbw8zo1_1280.jpg (125KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhfzvvR40V1rrbw8zo1_1280.jpg
125KB, 1000x1000px
>no quarter
>rain song
>Jamaica
>The Ocean
>cunny album cover

Also Over the Hills and Far Away is my favourte song of Zeppelin
>>
IV
>>
>>61905493
>>61905552
acshually the best guitar solo ever is Eric Bell on the original version of Thin Lizzy - The Rocker
>>61905199
the best loopzoop album is II because its the best but I, II, III are all perfect and while IV is only almost perfect its highlights are so good they make up for the few flaws
>>
>>61905573
houses of the holy?
>>
File: hoth1.jpg (295KB, 1544x768px) Image search: [Google]
hoth1.jpg
295KB, 1544x768px
>>61907749
over the hills is on of their best live songs imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Az-TuYb4h0

i think the version on how the west was won is superior but i can't find it on yt.
>>
>>61905199
IV is the better album, but I enjoy III more
>>
>>61907837
https://youtu.be/hXkFnkFs244

I agree, over the hills is their best live performance
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.