[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW TO COPE WITH MUSICAL FRUSTRATION? I've encountered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: uninspired_musician.jpg (365KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
uninspired_musician.jpg
365KB, 2448x2448px
HOW TO COPE WITH MUSICAL FRUSTRATION?

I've encountered this shit sometimes in my life, but today my head is going to explode.
>Should I continue doing music even if it is crap/worthless waste of time?
>Should I keep trying to make something meaningful?
>Should I try drugs now?

"you are such a pussy anon" comments incoming..

(for the guys of /mu/, I'm alldrig.bandcamp.com)
>>
You sound like you're burnt out and need a break familia.

Music should come from personal experiences, take some time off and go do something different from your normal life to inspire you. Or even try going about it a different way. Different recording techniques, different instruments, tunings etc. You need to shake up the mental pathways.
>>
>>61894664
Also, try making music for yourself, and for yourself only. Sometimes making music for yourself means not making music at all.
>>
>>61894664
are those Beyerdynamic DT770's? those are awesome headphones

just take a break anon-kun, too much of a good thing can be a bad thing
>>
>>61894866
I mainly do that, but idk if I'm just an asshole by myself or not being fullfilled with anything. Maybe I need a break, a loooong break.

>>61894905
yep, great headphones! also, most of my music have a "negative aura/message" so maybe that shit is fucking me off too.

sry, speaking 3 languages at my retarded iq its hard
>>
>>61895051
I understand, I do about the same thing as you and my energy is often drained because of depression. I'm on meds for it but running or going on long walks often helps
>>
Keep practicing scales and studying
It's as simple as that my brother
>>
>>61894664
if you can't find any motivation to create, just give up
>>
>>61895120
thx for the tip, ill see if doing some exercise improves my mood.

>>61895157
In the upcoming months we will see, but well everything comes to an end right?
>>
i dont make music but i do paint, and the way i come up with ideas is by laying back in bed and picturing how i feel, like ill feel like a spear is piercing my chest, so then ill paint that.

With music you could probably think of writing songs from different point of views or creating a character

you know sometimes i will see a painting i like and i will steal that idea, i wont trace it or copy it but i will steal the idea, like if i saw the scream by edvard munch i would paint a picture of myself screaming, get it, the idea.

or you can take concepts from other media like if you like horror movies, make a scary song, challenge yourself.
or if you like sci fi make a futuristic sounding song about aliens.

make songs about human behavior, the way people act.
what is your opinion on politics, the occult, society, Hell, death, war, sex, consumerism, misery.
Pick an emotion or subject and create
>>
Stop trying and just do it. Channel your frustration into something acidic and fast paced.
>>
>>61895483
I'm usually doing music about people behaviors, drugs and feelings but I'll see if the idea of creating an history along with some characters help. Thanks anon
>>
>>61894664
just continue and don't give a shit, hermano
>>
>>61894664
yes
yes
maybe
>>
>>61894664
Bro here's the easiest question you can ask yourself to determine if you should continue or not:

Why do you make music?
>>
OP here
>>61895620
going to try some acidic blast beats on my e-drumkit haha
>>61896048
It's the only thing i mostly enjoy at this time, lately ( dont even enjoy sex anymore for example). So kinda dont want to lose the only thing i have.
>>
The world does not need your boring, mediocre music. Just quit, I just listened to a few songs from your discography and it's so bad that it shouldn't even be called music.
>>
>>61896176
That's all I needed, someone honest. I going to quit right now. Thanks anon.
>>
>>61894664
how would I learn to play piano like you?

My main instrument is guitar but I'm a sucker for how depressing a piano can sound. I'm not looking to be a great pianist, but just get in the realm of what you're doing on 'her name whispers nostalgia'

Any composers or pieces you'd suggest? I can read music btw
>>
>>61896274
OP I don't like your music either but if I quit back when my music was total shit then I wouldn't be making music now.

But I have to question your ambition. What is it that you want to make? Don't be afraid of telling me you want to be X artist, because that's what's kept me going creatively sometimes.
>>
>>61896302
Just fiddle around on the keys until you get an idea of how to make the sounds you're going for

piano is literally the most straightforward instrument there is
>>
>>61896302
OP here, "how depressing a piano can sound"
I think the same! but sry I'm not a piano player!
I used to play my gf's keyboard from time to time and did that. Just try it, if you need some reference, this is one of the guys i admire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuoBBm114OM
>>
>>61896176
This

Dont saturate the market.
>>
>>61896274
Outside was OK at best, barely listenable due to how fucking slow it was. If you're making music, the point of it is to make it enjoyable. Just get some talent and stop with the weird vocals and slow piano combo.
>>
>>61896453
thats you playing those pieces right?

Also, how'd you get that airy slightly out of tune tone? Was that post production like reverb or was the actual piano old?
>>
>>61894818
Not OP, but I'm at the point right now where I have so much material right now that I'm not learning anything new and instead practicing.
>>
Hey hey hey hey smoke weed everyday

Then your music will sound okay
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.