[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just take it or leave it And take it or leave it And take it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1361182016_is_this_it.jpg (136KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1361182016_is_this_it.jpg
136KB, 1000x1000px
Just take it or leave it
And take it or leave it
And take it or leave it
And take it or leave it
Oh, just take it or leave it
And take it or leave it
Oh, take it

What did he mean by this /mu/?
>>
You can either take it or leave it.
>>
>>61894454
I NEVER NEEDED ANYBODY
>>
Listening to First Impressions of Earth right now and it's not bad at all. I'm 12 songs in and so far it's been pretty solid, I don't get the hate.
>>
>>61894507
Here's what /mu/ didn't tell you:

none of the Strokes albums, including Julian Casablancas' solo work is even that bad.
>>
>>61894454
too much ass
>>
>>61894454
leave
>>
>>61894540
That's a knee though
>>
>>61894507
just like what you wanna like man. at this point people are just reacting to the praise the strokes got in the early 2000s. it might not be a game changer for you like it was made out to be back then, but it's still fun to listen to.
>>
>>61894538
saw ahj live recently, was pretty alright desu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgR7l0dBjis
>>
>>61894454
This whole song is Julian trying to get a girl by showing her all the faults in her current guy. He is sick of chasing after her and wants her to either be with him “take it”, or tell him no “leave it”.
He ends the hook with a long “take it” to show that even though he gives her both options, he really actually wants her to be with him
>>
>>61894749
I loved his first LP as a cute little indie rock effort with some good hooks,

Little Joy is also GOAT
>>
reminder that casablancas is literally a genius and is probably the best songwriter since brian wilson
>>
Fuck, that's hard to listen to.
>>
>>61894858
he's so fucking good. It's really annoying that he's defected to the whole SJW crowd desu. But I still love him
>>
>>61894858
i mean i like julian... but
>>
>>61894806
i enjoy the solo projects too but they really do demonstrate how much julian brings to the table with his vocals/lyrics. like theyre good, but theyd be 10x better with julian, meanwhile he seems to be trying to distance himself from the whole strokes sound
>>
>>61894951
Agreed. his first solo LP was a literal 9/10 for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=849PNCwCqKA
>>
>>61894921
yeah i think that stems from being raised by crazy hypercapitalist douchebag but that doesn't change how good he is
>>61894945
its sound i swear
>>
File: nyeve1.jpg (25KB, 426x285px) Image search: [Google]
nyeve1.jpg
25KB, 426x285px
reminder that gbv were a huge strokes influence
>you will never get drunk backstage with julian and bob
why live?
>>
Hard to Explain is objectively the best track
>>
>>61894454
He meant that he's going to let you down
>>
>>61895019
honestly those guitars sound so fantastic. It's like you can hear New York in Nick's guitar
>>
>>61895005
yeah on the vinyl of is this it they thank gbv
>>
>>61895019
I don't see it that way
>>
>>61895183
this guy.

Room On Fire's been my favorite since I heard it. Although I can understand it not being as important as Is this It, it's got fantastic noisy pop songs and there isn't a moment of filler.
>>
>>61895269
I really really like a lot of the songs on Room on Fire, but Is This It has none I don't like while Room has a few that I don't think are as good as the rest. I still really like both
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.