[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did /mu/ think of Straight Outta Compton and Love &

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: bwilson.jpg (20KB, 260x354px) Image search: [Google]
bwilson.jpg
20KB, 260x354px
What did /mu/ think of Straight Outta Compton and Love & Mercy? some good music bio movies
>>
>>61894270
pic unrelated
>>
I think I liked Love & Mercy better but I thought they were both good.
>>
>>61894313
I thought Love & Mercy was beautiful, incredible to see the making of Pet Sounds
>>
Classic Dano got snubbed of an oscar
>>
>wild nigger glorification
>anti-Mike Love propaganda
both shit
>>
>>61894445
Mike wasn't even that much of an antagonist in the movie. It's Eugene that you're supposed to hate.
>>
Walk Hard is the best music biopic.
>>
>>61895067
Just think, that was someone's actual real life...
>>
>>61895067
to this day dewey cox's black sheep is the best song I have ever heard.
>>
>>61894425
He was incredible
>>
>>61894345
The Paul Dano stuff was excellent
The John Cusack stuff was mediocre
>>
>>61895067
Agreed.
>>
I liked the radiohead movie, but I don't think everybody would. Has anyone seen breadcrumb trail? I've been meaning to watch it and am wondering about it
>>
>>61896305
Paul's scenes were so fun to watch, he's so underrated
>>
Control
Meeting People is Easy
Ramones: End of the Century
>>
What did you guys think of Control.
>>
>>61896372
Yeah the studio sessions were great
>>
>>61895067
Van Dyke parks wrote one of the songs for that movie
>>
>>61896372
>Paul Dano
>Underrated
Not since There Will Be Blood
>>
>>61896211
>i just close my eyes and i'm half the size as a used to be

always loved that line
>>
>>61894445
>>anti-Mike Love propaganda
Sometimes the truth just hurts.
>>
>>61896328
Its okay, a retelling with a nice insight of the band.
Nothing that you couldn't find or realize
>>
>>61894270
My wife's boyfriend wasn't very into SOC so I didn't bother with it but Love & Mercy is just a classic movie.
>>
>>61896599
dubs confirmed
>>
>>61894270
>Love & Mercy
Literally the most manipulative pile of crap I've ever seen. It made everyone one dimensional and portrayed Mike as a cartoon villain. Honestly, I thought Brian came off as a total load. He screwed over his band and left them out of the creative process and then cried that he didn't get to be himself in someone else band. Why didn't Brian quit the Beach Boys if he wanted to do his own thing? Because his bands popularity and their touring gave him the money and freedom to allow him to hang out with his hipster friends and be the sensitive creative that reddit loves. It's just ridiculous propaganda trying to demonize Mike, who just wanted to keep the band alive and successful. Instead he's portayed as a capitalistic satanic figure trying to destroy the band. Mike has always been my favorite Beach Boy and the movie does nothing to sway my opinion.

Fuck Hollywood and fuck this movie, it almost made me want to stop listening to the Beach Boys.
>>
>>61897842

this is some insane pasta, but you do know they were under contract so he can't just leave? he could've done what grips did with their label but during those times, it would've ended him.
>>
>>61894425
Ahhh, classic dano
>>
Nowhere boy about young john lennon is worth a watch
>>
>>61896398
Guy who played Ian didn't have a deep enough voice. Really like the movie though.
>>
>>61897883
>they were under contract s
no. Brian actually released Caroline as a single and written music for and produced many bands without the Beach Boys. Brian really only had success with the Beach Boys. Out of all the projects he did with other artist , he only had one hit with Jan and Dean Surf City. And that was because they were Beach Boy clones
>>
>>61897842
I agree with this for the most part. The last couple of sentences are a little over the top, though
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.