[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to listen to this for the first time. What should I expect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 1.jpg (171KB, 1600x492px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
171KB, 1600x492px
About to listen to this for the first time.

What should I expect?
>>
guitars and dads
>>
Expect to hear the sixth best King Crimson album
>>
>>61892405
Sixth best? What, you prefer ZOOM, faggot?
>>
>>61892238
its a great album, you honestly might get bored during the middle section of Moonchild though

pay attention to those keyboard sounds, people have been praising the mellotron sounds on the album for years
>>
>>61892259
>>61892405

also these fags don't know shit. This music scared the fuck out of our dads in its time, its held up pretty well compared to say Zeppelin
>>
My dad told me King Crimson was for faggots
>>
>>61892448
>What, you prefer ZOOM, faggot?
Is that supposed to be a joke or something?
1. Discipline
2. Larks' Tongues in Aspic
3. Starless and Bible Black
4. Red
5. Islands
6. In the Court of the Crimson King
Although it's pretty hard to order them accurately because most of them are on a really similar level of quality.

>>61892518
LZIV is about as good as ITCOTCK if not even more consistent. Also my dad has a bunch of King Crimson albums.
>>
>>61892598
He was a huge fan, then?
>>
>>61892634
>no Lizard
>no Wake of Poseidon's wrath

opinion discarded
>>
>>61892598
proving my point here

dumbass classic rock bros heard 21st century schizoid man and were like "uhhhhh this isn't three chords wtffff why do they play so fast"

>>61892634
Zeppelin 4 is awesome yea but that album was also considered pretty weird when it came out, people just wanted more Whole Lotta Love. Also your dad was cool then
>>
>>61892634
I can maybe, MAYBE understand placing Red on par with ITCOTCK, but Discipline? Islands? Is this supposed to be a joke?
>>
>>61892695
>Lizard
That would be 7th place
>Wake of Poseidon
Literally ITCOTCK 2: Electric Boogaloo (Not as Good Version)
>>
>>61892756
those are good albums and this is all subjective anyway, but I agree that this list in pretty whack
>>
>>61892756
>Red and ITCOTCK
>literally the two most overrated, dad-friendly KC albums
You're a pleb son. Discipline and Islands are great and way more consistent than ITCOTCK.
>>
>>61892634
fixed that for ya buddy

1. In the Court of the Crimson King
2. Red
3. Larks' Tongues in Aspic
4. Starless and Bible Black
5. Islands
6. Discipline
>>
>>61892861
>putting Red and ItCotCK first
cucking plen
>>
I have only heard ItCotCK and I love it. What should I listen to next?
>>
File: kingcrimson.png (426KB, 1500x800px) Image search: [Google]
kingcrimson.png
426KB, 1500x800px
>>61893414
ITWOP
>>
>>61893596
oh shit a flow chart
thanks dude
>>
>>61893001
>waaaah, sometimes the popular consensus is true and as a hipster that makes me upset
>>
ITCOTCK is probably their best tied with Red. There isn't a prog album that's beings as much versatility as ITCOTCK. Don't listen to the plebs who think otherwise they try to have a different opinion for the sake of being different instead of looking at the music itself.
>>
>>61894764
>>61894918
Fuck off you pointless anti-intellectuals.
>>
>>61894918
*tied with Discipline my bad. While ITCOTCK offers versatility particularly in song types, Discipline offers a really interesting style which is a combo of the prog KC are known for, Talking Heads style approach to funk, and Frippertronics (which before this album Fripp had only fucked with on other artists//his solo work.)
>>
>>61894918
I would agree, although looking back, I think discipline is really marvelous in its own way, if for nothing other than an examination of how to infuse two very disparate genres (prob and new wave, obviously).
>>
>>61894933
It's true though. There isn't another KC album--no wait there really isn't another prog album period that brings the kind of versatility in structure that ITCOTKC does.

1. 21st Century Schizoid Man - Riffy as fuck akin to metal (most songs on Red are basically this) combined with a bit of jazz
2. I Talk To The Wind - The flute/clarinet/keys in this song is akin to the psychedelic stuff happening in the 60s while the music itself is very much classical music inspired (Larks' era stuff is like this basically)
3. Epitaph - A prog song with a lot of emotion which in uncommon in prog which is too busy tackling larger than life subjects. Sorta akin to Robert Wyatt's Rock Bottom which is loved because of being emotional as fuck prog. Also made the heavy mellotron usage in prog a thing.
4. Moonchild - Like I said, it sounds like a jam/jazz section in space. Very excellent usage of stereo sounds that were just new at the time.
5. In The Court Of The Crimson King - Puts everything above in one song. The main riff is very hard rock/metal like 21st Century Schizoid Man. The Return Of The Fire Witch section is like I Talk To The Wind with the flute and the organ. The song has hella mellotron like Epitaph. The Dance Of The Puppets section has jazzy jam approach to it like Moonchild.

>>61895052
Yeah I meant that it tied with Discipline not Red like I said >>61894970 all KC albums after ITCOTKC offered one aspect or another of ITCOTKC, but Discipline completely changed the game
>>
IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII *drifts off into space*
>>
File: 068.Bob_Fripp_1972.jpg (1MB, 2253x2995px) Image search: [Google]
068.Bob_Fripp_1972.jpg
1MB, 2253x2995px
>>61892238
>What should I expect?
to praise fripp

BASED FRIPP
>>
>>61892861
Replace Islands (or Starless, I like both fairly equally) with Lizard and that's basically me
>>
>>61895925
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woRhyl4k6sc

Even Hendrix knew what was up.
>>
>>61892634
islands is garbage
>>
>>61892238
breddy gud music
>>
expect to skip moonchild
>>
>>61893414
Red, Lark's Tongues, and their live material from 1973-1974.
>>
expect Robert Fripp finding out you illegally downloaded it and showing up at your place turning it off.
>>
>>61898066
>Respect my art REEEEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.