[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dinosaur Jr = Most Overrated Band of All Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I am sick of hearing people praise this band.

J Mascis? More like J Memescis. What a hack. To think a rag like Spin ranked him as their best guitar player over Hendrix, Page, or Lennon nor new school talent like Rivers Cuomo or Daniel Wayne Sermon. It is absolutely hysterical and the ranking is telling in showing how the hipster press have propped him up. He's not a technical player. He just goes wa-wa-wa-weee-oh with the guitar and P4K dads jizz their pants. Those fanboy dads/dad-followers don't even mention the time period when D JR was signed to Warner Brothers because all those albums, of which J had complete control to meme supreme, are full on trash.

Lou Barlow? Yawn because Bore-low would be a better name to describe his contribution to the band. He is such a talented guy yet since Memescis is a dictator Barlow decided to save all his good stuff for Sebadoh. He phones it in on their albums and his name shouldn't even be attached to it since he's just acting as J's puppet.

Murph is a solid B list drummer. B doesn't mean bad. When you show your parents a report card with Bs on it, they wonder why they you didn't get As. Well followers of Murph have given up on waiting for him to bring in an A-grade fill long ago. He's no Keith Wood. He's not even a Ringo Starr.

tl;dr - fuck Dinosaur Jr
>>
>overrated
at first I was like "literally who?"

then I asked some friends what they thought about "Dinosaur Jr" and they had the same reaction
>>
>>61888985
Who is this band and why do you care? OP you are the faggot
>>
File: leave_this_place.jpg (1MB, 2196x1728px) Image search: [Google]
leave_this_place.jpg
1MB, 2196x1728px
They're not that big and they're not overrated at all.
>>
>>61889063
>>61889118
>>61889131
>pretending Dinosaur Jr isnt famous as a defense mechanism
sick
>>
>>61888985
Bad pasta.
>>
>>61888985

Nah, you are wrong.
>>
Going to listen to some Dino Jr now senpai.
>>
dino jr has some great albums, and j's solo folk albums are good too, but sebadoh is totally gay
>>
>>61888985
How hard did J fuck your mom?
>>
>>61889169
I mean they're really not. In the indie/alternative rock scene sure, but ask some rando on the street who Dino Jr. is and chances are pretty good they'll have no clue.

I like the band though, YLAOM and Bug are solid albums.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.