[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IS THIS LOVE THAT I'M FEELING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

IS THIS LOVE
THAT I'M FEELING
>>
Posting a picture of an artist and quoting lyrics in all-caps doesn't constitute real discussion.

You are the cancer that's killing /mu/.
>>
>>61888116
I got to know got to know got to know mow
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Whitesnake [Geffen, 1987]

"This veteran pop metal group features all and more you'd expect from the genre - glistening solos, sensitive tough guy lyrics, power ballads. All completely new and at once all heard before. Who cares that they're a nine year old vehicle for the guy who fronted Deep Purple five years before that? Rock-and-roll's ninth or tenth generation of terrified high school boys can claim them as their own. And may they pass into the ether before the current crop of 11 year olds just starting to sprout pubes claim their MTV. D+"
>>
I{m all for 1980s fashion but that hair is terrible
>>
>>61888116
>Assuming mu was good in the first place
>>
THIS MUST BE LOVE
>>
>>61888858
It's just le generic rockstar hair that everyone in the 70s-80s had. It was like some law back then that you couldn't be in a band without that haircut.
>>
>Whitesnake

hehe, get it?
>>
>>61888096
IIRC, this song was actually about his wife. Aww, that's sweet.
>>
>>61888920
Not the haircut, the hair. You can just see the split ends.
>>
We're not Whitesnake dude we're Poison
>>
>>61888802
Slip of the Tongue [Geffen, 1989]

"They got lucky, and they don't intend to let go. With fast-gun-for-hire Steve Vai operating all guitars and who knows what other geegaws, they've consolidated their sound into essence of arena: all pomp, flash, male posturing, and sentimentality, this is now the Worst Band in the World. So you just move over, Journey. (Hey--where is Journey?) D"
>>
"I looked like somebody I fucked."

-- Gene Simmons on the late 80s rock scene
>>
>>61891931
Documentary I saw. "The Downfall of Heavy Metal."

Dee Snider: "When MTV came along, everyone now had to produce music videos in addition to the music itself. Metal is a very visual genre, so metal bands were some of the first to jump onto it."
Rob Halford: "We adopted leather when we started to get big in America because I always felt that metal needed to look as good as it sounded. We were also one of the first bands to produce music videos when MTV started."
Dee Snider: "Of course, the downside was that MTV would overplay a popular song to the point where it got overexposed and people were burned out on it. Like you'd see the video for Whitesnake's Is This Love like 20 times in a single day."
Dave Coverdale: "I can say that MTV was a huge boon to us in terms of helping get exposure. In the pre-video days, you would have had to tour your ass off for years to get noticed."
Ronnie Dio: "I can say with certainty that videos ruined heavy metal. The image became more important than the music, and it was especially bad for those of us who came up before the video age because we had to do something we completely opposed in order to compete. And eventually you had these manufactured pop metal bands that were a complete joke (holds up copy of Look What The Cat Dragged In). You ended up with some...thing like this. I mean, they had makeup and everything...that's not metal. And the worst part is that the real metal bands got lumped in with them. By the end of the 80s, you had something that was much more of a Bon Jovi world and less of a Led Zeppelin world. It was a complete mockery of everything we'd worked hard to build through the years."
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.