[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what happened to mgmt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1432049673589.png (13KB, 422x407px) Image search: [Google]
1432049673589.png
13KB, 422x407px
what happened to mgmt?
>>
they released an underrated album in 2013 and recently reissued their Time To Pretend EP
they're probably on an hiatus
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 640x520px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 640x520px
They're coming back. I'm pretty excited.
>>
File: 35jjwvq.png (517KB, 783x436px) Image search: [Google]
35jjwvq.png
517KB, 783x436px
I've only listed to Oracular Spectacular. Pretty sure that's hard to beat.

Are their other - what? - two albums any good, though?
>>
>>61886608
no.
absolutely disappointing, save a couple songs. it's not even a THEY CHANGED THE FORMULA situation, insomuch as it's a 'they just don't seem as passionate' situation.
>>
>>61885634
UNPOPULAR OPINION

The version of Kids on the Time to Pretend EP > the pop hit version (i.e., the one on Oracular Spectacular)
>>
>>61886608
Yes, they're both very good. They're a little different, but not so much that it throws you for a loop. If you enjoyed OS then you should at least give the others a shot.
>>
NEW ALBUM IN 2016 LADS
>>
>>61885732
hyped
>>
>>61886639
Hey man Congratulations is great
>>
>>61886686
good thing you let us know that was an unpopular opinion fuckwad
>>
>>61886608
They're total shit when compared with Oracular Spectacular. Like, if OS is 8 or 9/10, they are 2/10.
>>
MGMT>Congratulations>Oracular Spectacular
>>
Dont believe what the other plebs said, Congratulationa is their best album
>>
>>61886855
Mine used to be
MGMT > Congrats > OS
but now I lean towards
OS > MGMT > Congrats
>>
Best songs from each album in order of appearance.

Oracular Spectacular:

Time to pretend
Weekend Wars
The Youth
Of Moons, Birds & Monsters
The Handshake

Congratulations:

It's Working
Someone's Missing
Flash Delirium
Brian Eno
Congratulations

MGMT:

Alien Days
Cool Song No.2
Introspection
A Good Sadness
>>
Congratulations is the only good one, The rest is le shit
>>
>>61887865
Looks good but you forgot Pieces of What
>>
>>61887865

Siberian Breaks is my favourite MGMT song
>>
>>61885732
>happy bday jesus
what a fucking retard

http://www.ucg.org/the-good-news/biblical-evidence-shows-jesus-christ-wasnt-born-on-dec-25
>>
>>61885445
They got better

OS- 7/10
Congratulations- 9/10
MGMT-9/10
>>
>>61888019
you're a cool dude
>>
>>61888041
for me
>>
Congratulations: 10/10
MGMT: 7/10
>>
>>61888019
take a quick glance at their twitter account and youll see how all of them use irony and bad jokes on purpose
>>
congratulations is clearly their best album
if you still think OS is amazing, youre either in denial or have bad taste

that being said, their s/t kinda sucked
>>
File: say what.png (496KB, 1602x688px) Image search: [Google]
say what.png
496KB, 1602x688px
>>61886639
>'they just don't seem as passionate' situation

but the whole point of Congratulations was that they were being passionate and doing their own thing instead of sticking with OS's mainstream appeal.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.