[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

musical genius or justin bieber of his time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: king.jpg (761KB, 1456x2200px) Image search: [Google]
king.jpg
761KB, 1456x2200px
>>
bieber but he's still an important artist
>>
>>61884361
"no"
>>
>>61884294
>implying that bieber isn't average
>>
>>61884294
All his songs on his supposed "most important album" are the exact same. I don't see how he can be regarded as important.
>>
>>61884294
Beiber of his time
>>61884376
He made rock n roll popular with white people, and as a result every genre we enjoy today spawned from him giving the music exposure. We're talking an era when church hymns were considered the height of music here.
>>
>>61884409
i'm implying he is, precisely. "or" is a disjunctive particle fyi. read the bread subject b4 posting m9. musical genius =/= biebs.
>>
>>61884436
important in other ways than his music
>>
FUCK ELVIS
>>
Maybe not a musical genius in terms of songwriting, but damn he had a genius for knowing exactly how to perform any song and the raw talent to do it.

Kinda sick of you little faggots ripping on the king, tbqh
>>
Buffoon who cared more about his image than his creativity? Definitely JB of his time, excuse how reddit this is.
That doesn't mean he's a bad musician or contributed nothing to music or society. He's just an insufferable pop musician who makes bland overplayed garbage and should never be brought up in a legitimate musical discussion.
>>
>>61884527
this, neo-/mu/ is disgusting
>>
>>61884545
>davis bowie is a hack
>>
beiber atleasts contributes to the writing and music of his songs. elvis did barely any of that.
>>
Important for being in the right place in the right time.
>>
>>61884572
>implying
>>
>>61884529
>bland
I honestly don't see how you can listen to his greats and find his performances 'bland'

>overplayed
and here's the meat of your complaint. Basically, elvis was so influential that he's been drowned out by his imitators, until people like you see fit to judge him by 3rd hand parodies, never looking into the real deal.

anyhow, explain to me how 'overplayed' is a valid criticism of an artists work, especially when a good deal of it happened after their death
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.