[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't all the dadrockers gotten the memo that this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: vu.jpg (567KB, 1921x1683px) Image search: [Google]
vu.jpg
567KB, 1921x1683px
Why haven't all the dadrockers gotten the memo that this is a good band yet? It's been fifty years and they still don't play them on classic rock radio
>>
>>61878082
Please...If the Velvets become mainstream I seriously might kill myself
>>
>>61878370
Look like you're killing yourself, anon.
>>
Can you imagine hearing 'TOO BUSY SUCKING ON A DING DONG' on a classic rock radio station? It would be great. If anything though, they would just play stuff from s/t and Loaded.
>>
>>61878416
Oh well...it was inevitable I guess,
Why do you really think they'll become mainstream?
>>
>>61878818
Give or take -35 years ago, when Lou Reed became popular and people took interest in that band he was in back in the '60s.
>>
>>61878910
Yeah Im not stupid I know they're very well known and influential. But there's a big difference between that and being mainstream. We just might have different ideas of what "mainstream" is though
>>
>>61878987
I think radio play is really not that good of a barometer for "mainstream" nowadays, what with:

- Billboard adopting YT hits into a song's popularity
- Several "well-known" artists barely getting airtime (though this is for mostly older artists)
- I'd include something about FM radio not being as popular for music stations outside of the usual Top 40/rock + alt/country/urban, but I'm not too sure about those stats.
>>
>>61878370
neo-/mu/ faggot
>>
>>61878431
>le 'DING DONG' XD
>le drugs (ooh I'm addicted to Heroin)
>le transvestite sailors
>le short story about being stabbed
Fuck off with this reddit crap
>>
>>61879206
You're making roo much sense

Just fucking kill me already
>>
>>61879246
I just want ro enjoy one classic rock band who's not overexposed to the masses. Is that so wrong?
>>
>>61879252
Nah, it's already. As you stated before (>>61878987), the Velvets are definitely in that second category. But still, something like >>61878431 would be great to hear if you weren't suspecting it.
>>
>>61879297
*alright
>>
>>61879295
if your enjoyment of a band is predicated on their lack of popularity among 'the masses,' you're either not old enough to post here or you have the mental capacity of a child
>>
What? They might not get played on the radio, but every dad and every teenager who's into classic rock knows about TVU.
>>
File: 156357_v1.jpg (52KB, 320x244px) Image search: [Google]
156357_v1.jpg
52KB, 320x244px
>>61879250
>>
>>61879349
I was waiting for this post. I see your point, I would still enjoy them. I just want to be able to enjoy them without other people giving me their shitty pleb opinions. Saying they like the band when all they've heard is the shit on the radio.
No, you don't like the band. You only like what you've been programmed to like.
I like all kinds of pleb mainstream shit. I just want this band for myself
>>
>>61879356
They know ABOUT them. But they don't actually listen to them
>>
>>61879444
Nah. TVU&Nico is almost as entry level as Dark Side of the Moon.
>>
>>61879470
Not where Im at
>>
>>61879252
Why is them being famous such a bad thing?
>>
>>61879470
lol no

Dark side of the Moon is Entry level as fuck dad rock

TVU&Nico is when you actually decide to dive deeper into classic rock
>>
>>61879611
>TVU+Nico
>deeper classic rock
>not being entry level shit like Dark Side of the Moon

Get the fuck off my board

>>61879430
Quality argument
>>
>>61880171
TVU+Nico is the entry to the "i wan't to get a bit deeper in music" level, meanwhile, DSOTM is entry level to music.
>>
>>61880171
>>61880281
Also, i live in a 3rd world country where Pink Floyd are considered "good music" by the general public and are well known by everybody, meanwhile, TVU is completely unknown.
Or you know your shit or you're a teenager trying to be cool, otherwise there's no way you know about them. It's nice though, you don't have people with stupid opinions arguing about stuff that they don't understand.
>>
>>61880382
they were in the 7 ages of rock, btw
>>
>>61880479
I only talk about my experience tho, probably in other countries the situation is completely different and normal people know about them.
>>
I don't listen to the radio for the very reason that they won't play any VU.
>>
>>61880567
I live in a 3rd world country too and all I can say is that PF are known amongst general public only by the name and a few songs. about the VU >>61880281 explained it right, one of the first bands for people who decided to dig deeper
known by some older people, some teens who interested in music and many angsty schoolboys without good taste

basically, there's something like this (classic rock only):
beatles > queen > rolling stones > pink floyd > ac/dc > led zeppelin > deep purple > the doors > black sabbath / [transition to 2nd level] / velvet underground
>>
>>61879580
I'm these poster too>>61879430
I don't even care anymore though. I guess it's inevitable that everything of value gets boiled down and synthesized into mainstream bullshit at some point. I'll still be pissed when it happens though
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.