[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

kanye west is the most overrated 'musician' in his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 9

File: kanye_west_shades.jpg (49KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
kanye_west_shades.jpg
49KB, 500x375px
kanye west is the most overrated 'musician' in history. he is praised everywhere as one of the most talented people currently making hip hop, while his talent actually doesn't even expand beyond his ability to write mediocre lyrics, and rhythmically recite them. there were 56 different musicians involved in the making of mbdtf and 45 different producers. all he does is rely on the combined power of an all-star cast to do all the work for him. then he takes all the credit. theres a reason why his music is so universally loved. it's formulaic radio pop that the industry designed to be instantly gratifying.

he plays no instruments, he relies on nearly 100 other people to do his work for him, and he can't even sing for shit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_NdPmsgTe8

the only thing that separates him from any other pop star hack is that he paid off music publications to praise his music. and you fucks fell for it
>>
>>61876972
go back to reddit
>>
>>61876972
>all he does is rely on the combined power of an all-star cast
so did Bowie
>>
>>61876999
good argument, clone
>>
>>61877010
but Bowie did a lot of instruments + produced a lot of his albums
>>
>>61876972
people know about that already.i dont love MBDTF but it has the best beats.kanye is mostly good in his first 2 albums.
>>
>>61877010
ok
>>
>>61877024
So does Kanye

get a new hobby man
>>
>>61877080
but kanye albums sound like shit
>>
Honestly kill yourself
>>
>>61876972
I do agree hes overrated but so are The Beatles and all the fucking shitty dadrock you probably listen to.
>>
>>61877010
Bowie is shit
>>
>>61877080
>>61877010
first of all, this is a strawman and has nothing to do with what i'm trying to say.

second of all,
>implying kanye plays instruments for his albums
i'm gonna need a source for that
>>
File: big_Kanye-West-studio1-550x366.jpg (73KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
big_Kanye-West-studio1-550x366.jpg
73KB, 600x399px
>>61877129
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzSzNBXAjX8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irb335ThCdo
>>
>>61876972
There's something to be said for that kind of power.

And who really gives a shit? Either listen to it or don't.

So what if he relies heavily on collaborators.

As a producer of his own albums he makes or breaks the final product.

Also Yeezus is the opposite of "formulaic radio pop".

I say give the man and the musician a chance.
>>
>>61877099
>but so are The Beatles
strawman
>and all the fucking shitty dadrock you probably listen to.
ad hominem AND non-sequitur

you don't know what i listen to bitch
>>
>>61876972
Have you ever heard MBDTF? Its an album that literally changed music.

Its kind of advanced and very ahead of its time. Some people aren't able to understand it, its really only for those who've studied music and have superior hearing.

Kanye is living in the future. So the present is his past.
>>
>>61877204
what do you listen to
>>
>>61877129
Sampler, synthesizer and vocals are considered instruments.
>>
>>61877197
on his studio albums he isn't cited as being a keyboard player

bowie's on his own albums playing the instruments so your argument is kinda invalid
>>
>>61877256
that's irrelevant to this discussion. plus you'd trash it no matter what i said
>>
File: jWOT3Pw.png (1MB, 631x893px) Image search: [Google]
jWOT3Pw.png
1MB, 631x893px
Based Konway
>>
>>61877204
>strawman, ad hominem, and non-sequitur

Welcome to 4chan, anon.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UfQOawFwx6w
Literally eargasm
>>
>>61877341
We're all gonna make it, senpai
>>
File: 5.jpg (580KB, 750x692px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
580KB, 750x692px
>>61877321
Kanye was a prolific producer before being a rapper

A person who isn't even good looking doesn't simply win 14 Grammys and maintain a career for over 15 years at the top of the industry

But according to Reddit basement dwellers he's "dumb and talentless" kek
>>
>>61877197
yet he doesnt play on his album
yeezy why?
>>61877341
oh that's why
>>
>>61877091
I'm not him, but I disagree. I think most his albums are pretty cool. Most of them.
>>61877129
First of all, it's an exact response to what you were saying.
Second of all, if you really think that musical talent comes from the ability to play an instrument, you're an idiot and you should listen to him about getting a new hobbie.
>>
>>61877330
no i wouldn't
>>
>>61876972
>Kanye is overrated

Can this meme end already?
>>
Kanye is actually.....UNDERrated, as long as fucktards like OP live in denial https://youtu.be/EgnTLEH1C8U
>>
>>61877441
>A person who isn't even good looking
he's better looking than most
>doesn't simply win 14 Grammys and maintain a career for over 15 years at the top of the industry
yeah but a person with a lot of help, and a good marketing team does. face it anon. you've been duped by sensationalist bullshit
>>
>>61877244
Nigga he's good but he ain't as good as that weed you're smoking.
>>
>>61877441
but liking kanye is literally reddit
>>
Five of my favorite Kanye classics produced for other artists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD4pR4CZjoQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvhOVkH-2z4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSYDbpOuYUE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaIq-RAYK8M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tWmyPMf3wU
>>
in a few years, once people have some hindsight, they're going to realize how wrong they were about him. it's going to be like disco or brostep. he'll go from being loved to laughed at
>>
>>61877448
>That's why
You're god damn right that's why. Kid went from makin' beats in his dorm with a bunch of synths and samplers, then asked for a shot with no compromises, defied expectations, and jettisoned himself into music legacy. He's pretty god damn good.
>>
>>61877539
all of it is talentless shit desu
>>
>>61877244
>Its kind of advanced and very ahead of its time. Some people aren't able to understand it, its really only for those who've studied music and have superior hearing.
holy shit this has to be satirical
>>
File: well wtf.gif (3MB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
well wtf.gif
3MB, 264x240px
>>61877364
>Like a light skinned slave, boy, we in the mothafuckin' house!
>>
>>61877550
what a whiney reddit cuck lmao

you like nigger dicks? lmao
>>
Talib Kweli get by
>>
>>61877548
Yeah, uh-huh, but you see, Kanye West doesn't give a fuck. Okay? So you're sitting here, hating his music for shitty reasons because you don't want to admit he's awesome, and he's banging Kim Kardashian with all the money he made making his own music the way he wanted to do it.
At the end of the day, what he did worked and if you listen to his music then you'll know why.
>>
>>61877487
>he's better looking than most
lol
>yeah but a person with a lot of help, and a good marketing team does. face it anon. you've been duped by sensationalist bullshit
conspiracy! illuminati!

>>61877515
that would be eminem

kanye is hated among the reddit type
>>
>>61877548
>things people said in 2007
How many more years to go, senpai?
>>
ok. let's try something different. rather than me pointing out what's wrong with him and you guys retreating into your shell of denial, how about you tell me what it is about him that makes him so exceptional. what is it that makes him better than any other pop rapper on the radio today?
>>
>>61877584
Yes I do
>>
>>61877563
>xD
>>
>>61877631
Sorry. Your mom got a hold of the keyboard for a second.

I'll cum on her face tonight, that usually calms her down.
>>
>>61877629
It would take you years of studying music theory and learning poetry to ever be able to fully understand and appreciate Mr. West.
>>
File: 1438010635969.png (567KB, 561x702px) Image search: [Google]
1438010635969.png
567KB, 561x702px
>>61877341
complete version

I think most people just hate kanye cause his personality is admittedly obnoxious.
Can't deny that he busts his ass on music and bringing together a large group of people to contribute to a cohesive album takes talent too.

Shit he made kid cudi sound good, and now look where he is now
>>
>>61877608
>conspiracy! illuminati!
now you're just being ignorant. learn how the music industry works and how capitalism works in general.

also the negative connotation of the originally neutral term 'conspiracy theory' is something that has been created and perpetuated by mass media in order to keep people from asking questions. have fun being a sheep.

>inb4 baseless name-calling like fedora
>>
can we at least agree that he is a shit lyricist?
>>
>>61877725
Yes holy shite
for someone with that many co writters it should at least be decent
>>
Kanye is literally the GOAT. There was no, there is no, and there will not be a better musician. Simple as that. If you think any different, then you are a fucking retard. Get it into your stupid, fucking heads.
>>
>>61877629
ambition. hes not this good with lyrics even tho he can rhymes here and there but he keep his shit from getting stale by being unpredictable for better of fucking worse.
>>61877725
depends on his mood but for the most part,yeah.
>>
>>61877689
Kek

Which poetry should I study to understand the complexities of his beef with Nike.
>>
>>61877797
with Lou Reed, obviously

http://www.loureed.nl/Lou_Reed_poems.html
>>
>>61877689
you're dodging the question. i've studied theory and played bass and guitar for over a decade now. i probably know more about music than kanye west does. quit being so ignorant and condescending.
>>
Kanye is the only person I can think of that got everything they wanted out of life. He famously called how many copies college dropout would sell on the first week and everyone thought he was crazy. He got the girl of his dreams, you may disagree with his pick but most men who have oneitis never get that girl even if they are rich. He's a man who achieves. He conquers. He succeeds in full at everything he tries. He went from being a college dropout to getting a honorary degree and teaching a class. He's the light at the end of the tunnel. He's the future.

As they say in Germany, all roads lead to Munich.
>>
>>61877725
what are you listening to?
yeezus had shit lyrics but he wrote them in like 10 minutes for whatever reason?

his early stuff was at least pretty amusing and funny, but he's not like nas or lupe fiasco or anything, he'd be the first to admit.
>>
File: image.jpg (919KB, 1600x5032px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
919KB, 1600x5032px
Reminder.
>>
>>61877725
The College Dropout has some of the best lyrics in music history
>>
>>61877715
Okay so if I understand you correctly Kanye is talentless and is only used because of his looks to win every Grammy and constantly make music people love, but it's actually all marketing

And you base all of this in that he isn't credited as a keyboard player, haha
>>
>>61877629
he produces his music along with writing lyrics. the vast majority of 'pop rappers' just write lyrics. his energy is clearly exceptional compared to most rappers. he's loud, controversial , inspiring and insanely talented. if you categorize kanye west with 'pop rappers' you havent been paying attention to music in the last decade.
>>
>>61877725
You’re thinking on the surface level. You’re thinking, “If Kanye says something that comes across as clever or insightful, it’s deep.” But that’s such a pre-modern way to look at art. The way he interacts with the listener, building and subverting metamusical expectations, commenting on multiple metamusical, sociopolitical and personal subjects with single lines is brilliant. What work has played jump rope with the line between irony and sincerity as effectively as Yeezus? From the opening seconds of On Sight, to the chorus of I Am A God, to the final spoken sample of Bound 2, no other work of any medium has worked with such an ambiguity of awareness of its context. I’m not saying Yeezus is brilliant because it showcases great technical compositional proficiency or especially novel aesthetic innovations (though autotuned Chief Keef, Justin Vernon, ’80s guitars and trap beats have never been fused so artfully), I’m saying its ability to project outwardly from itself and work in a space so self-aware (yet somehow sometimes simultaneously ham-handedly solipsistic) that it shatters any post-post-modern dichotomy between affectation and sincerity sets it apart from other works of art. The whole album skips back and forth over the “is this dude serious?” line, only for Bound 2 to answer with a resounding “we have no fucking clue.” Where the recent metamodernists have decided that continual sinusoidal oscillation between critical points of intense sincerity and irony is a valid solution to the nihilism inherent in extreme postmodernity, Kanye instead manipulates for the oscillation of the listener’s perception rather than affecting a self-defeatingl y earnest oscillation of himself. In this way, Yeezus can be seen as a work of meta-metamodernism. To call the album “ahead of its time” would be a vast understatement.
>>
i like kanye but not enough to actively defend him. im gonna go listen to yeezus.
>>
>>61877629
he makes good music
>>
>>61877960
>no more drugs for me pussy and religion is all I need
damn...I feel so interacted with, such genius
>>
>>61877781
please name the objective aspects of kanye's abilities as a musician that make him good

i'm not even going to acknowledge the fact that you're calling him the best musician ever
>>
>>61877854
The questions been answered a dozen times over in this thread and a million times over in your life. You know that feeling you get sometimes? Like you missed something? Something was skipped or lost along the way? You better get used to it because soon thats it. Thats your whole life.

That's life when you don't accept kanye west. So read this thread again. Print it out and masturbate to it. Welcome yo the future.
>>
>>61878040
He can shred the guitar very fast, he can also play the piano lightning fast
>>
>>61877869
>but he wrote them in like 10 minutes for whatever reason
isn't that the same excuse that people are using to defend that last abomination of a single that he released? even if that is true, in what world is it ok for an artist to be purposefully lazy in creating their art? that's some egotistical bullshit
>>
>>61878029
http://thetalkhouse.com/music/talks/lou-reed-of-the-velvet-underground-talks-kanye-wests-yeezus/
>>
>>61878106
That other song he released had no excuse, literally nobody liked it

Yeezus lyrics are definitely interesting and quotable
>>
I bet OP signed that petition to ban Kanye from Glastonbury LOL
>>
>>61878106
Don't you see you're so close to getting it. You're so close to understanding but you keep pushing back. Go back to that night in July. That moment. You know which one. Close your eyes and think about kanye west. You've never been this erect in your entire life.
>>
>>61877921
wow it's like im arguing with a fucking vegetable. you literally just pulled all of that out of your ass
>>
>>61877990
>objective
>he makes good music
just stop
>>
>>61878077
lol this guy is STILL dodging the question
>>
>>61877603
This is some YouTube comment level bulshit I never thought I'd see on 4chan. Please be a pasta.
>>
>>61878162
fucking lol i have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>61878234
>clearly hasn't read the thread

We'll come back when you've learned to read without skipping lines. Question was answered.
>>
File: kek frog.png (118KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
kek frog.png
118KB, 250x247px
>>61878162
>>61877603
this is gold
>>
>>61877613
as soon as he stops making music and his albums stop being promoted through mass media
>>
Early kanye is good . Everything else is shit
>>
>>61878326
They said the same thing about Bowie.
>>
>>61878282
>Question was answered
by someone else. if you can't provide your own personal reasoning as to why you enjoy certain music, then you have no business discussing music online
>>
>>61878182
Bet thats not the only thing you've seen pulled out of someone's ass.
>>
>>61878367
>then you have no business discussing music online

Where am I allowed to discuss music?
>>
>>61878350
see
>>61877129

also, the circumstances of bowies death, and the brilliance of his final album differentiate him from kanye
>>
>>61878414
>>61878380
you guys are children.
>>
>>61878423
The point is you can say that for literally any recording artist. And its true for all of them. Nothing lasts forever.
>>
let him be damn
>>
>>61878455
Have we convinced you to like kanye west or at the very least pay to go to one of his shows and buy swish on vinly this February?
>>
>>61877441
yes, but he still didn't play the instruments on his albums, which is what you were claiming
>>
File: 7543280524.jpg (68KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
7543280524.jpg
68KB, 396x400px
>>61877856
>>61877603
>>61878162
>>
>>61878507
The credits on his albums don't list him as a vocalist either, so apparently someone does that for him too
>>
>>61878705
it wouldn't surprise me
>>
>>61878753
Yeah I guess he does literally nothing
>>
>>61878779
thatsthejokesimpsons.jpg
>>
>>61878835
Nice joke
>>
This was a good thread. I'm glad kanye fans and non kanye fans can get together every once in a while and just vibe out like old friends on a Wednesday (I know today is Tuesday, I am not an idiot)

All roads lead to Munich indeed.

Besides kanye, what other underground experimental hip hop do you guys like?
>>
>>61878779
glad you finally figured it out anon, he's credited for
>primary artist (All Tracks)
not a vocalist since he's not singing, it's more like literally spitting into the mic
>>
>>61879019
good bait haha
>>
>>61879019
>kanye
>underground experimental hip hop
Since when?
>>
>>61879026
xD
>>
>>61879026
>primary artist

Well, its settled then. He's an artist. One of the best.
>>
>Niggas still bumping kanye
lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBVEpsf3xfA
>>
>>61879063

Its kind of advanced and very ahead of its time. Some people aren't able to understand it, its really only for those who've studied music and have superior hearing.

>>
>>61879172
I know you're just being silly but there are people that actually think this. It's legitimately worrying.
>>
>>61879172

>>
Who /ktt/ here?
>>
>>61879249
The moment this thread officially went too far.
>>
>>61876972

Kanye is a gobshite and anybody who disagrees is also a gobshite
>>
>>61879249
>>61879302
what's /ktt/
>>
>>61879306
Kanye is a musical genius and anyone who disagrees is also... A musical genius...
>>
>>61879093
yet you can't give one coherent reason as to why you like his music so much

you also keep saying MBDTF changed music but you never say how
>>
>>61879323
A kanye fan board, 'kanye to the'
>>
>>61879327
kek'd
>>
>>61877197
this was pathetic you wasted my time by making me watch him push one key to sample someone else's music

>what is a talentless hack
>>
>>61879332
It would probably take you years of studying music theory and learning poetry to be able to even get close to understanding and appreciating Mr. West.
>>
Kanye is the greatest and I truly feel sorry for simpletons who will never grasp this

Free your heart from hate and open your ears to godly tunes m8s
>>
>>61879417
haha were these preexisting pastas or are you just making fun of other people itt?
>>
>>61879445
I had to scroll up to see what retarded shit I said earlier. Threads almost dead so might as well come clean, most of these stupid posts were me fucking around. I only kind of like kanye. Everybody have a good night, why you guys kept responding after I told you to masturbate while thinking of kanye seemed odd to me.
>>
>>61876972
Kanye west is the most impactful artist of our generation. I know this true, because kanye said it himself, and yeezy wouln't lie. Every beat he makes and every rhyme he spits will be rembered in the future's history books. Not just musical history either. When he runs for president in 2020 and wins, unopposed of course, because who could compete with that much greatness. Our universe, not just country, will rise to a whole new level of consciousness. The future will be designed in Yeezies image. And if you don't like Kanye, it just means you are less evolved than the rest of the,obviously, superior kanye loving master race. You will be left behind as the rest of us trascend. Nigga.
>>
>>61879740
Try hard faggot. The other guys worked because it seemed like he believed it.
>>
>>61879784
I didn't even read the other guy's stuff. I was just being over the top, cause that's usually what I hear when Kanye talks about himself.
>>
>>61879740
I shall call this pasta "The Death of a Thread"

Guaranteed to end any thread you post it on.
>>
Can we at least agree that it's literally Reddit: The Opinion to hate College Dropout through Graduation? Or at the very least just College Dropout?
>>
>>61880247
theyre all bad. stop lying to yourself
>>
>>61880247
>hate College Dropout through Graduation
First of all people don't do this, they just say they prefer the era around MBDTF, specially on /mu/ where that album is particularly popular

Reddit would be easily more prone to prefer the early era Kanye, which is also a fine opinion as long as you don't bash the latter era
>>
>>61877201
hes a talentless nigger that relies on others to create what you fags call "music"

dont give him a chance you fucking idiot
>>
From a lyrical standpoint, early Kanye wasn't bad. At least it wasn't the same trash lyrics for every track.
>>
>>61876972
killlllllllll yourseeellllfff
>>
>>61877330
You're trashing Kanye West. Why wouldn't we trash you? You're just shit posting after all.
>>
>>61877725
I disagree completely.
>>
>>61881679
some people forget how much substance the college dropout had.
>>
>>61876999
Nice trips
Also I thought reddit loved kanye, wtf are you talking about
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.