[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there revolution left in rock n roll /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Mosh-Pit-at-Endfest.jpg (608KB, 2400x1607px) Image search: [Google]
Mosh-Pit-at-Endfest.jpg
608KB, 2400x1607px
Is there revolution left in rock n roll /mu/?
>>
Rock hasn't been revolutionary for like 40 years. It's the establishment now
>>
rock is dead m8...it's all the same shit nowadays, anyone pushing any boundaries isn't nearly mainstream enough to affect anything
>>
rock died after punk fizzled out in the late 80's
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 658x439px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 658x439px
>>
>>61876372

Idk, hip hop/R&B are pretty much all of pop right now.

>>61876476

Chuckled, I wouldnt call them rock n roll but definitely rock influenced
>>
>>61876476
sort of
>>61876291
sure but some people are experimenting right now and the rest keep holding to its ''glory days''
>>
>>61876476

When I saw them last year, I imagined it was probably the same feeling people got when they saw Minor Threat or Bad Brains for the first time. Pure visceral noise, most intense show I've ever been to.
>>
>>61876372
Rock was revolutionary and edgy in 1966 to 71. After that, Corporate America safely neutered and turned it into a moneymaking racket.
>>
>>61876291
The question is rock still alive /mu/?
>>
>>61876817
Not after American Idiot. That was the curtain call of big, mainstream rock.
>>
>>61876782
This was when rock actually meant something. By the time Kiss and REO Speedwagon happened, any notion of rock being scary or rebellious was over.
>>
There are some people out there doing interesting stuff but it's just too easy to make generic radio music and get easy money.
>>
>>61876895
Quoth Xgau: "I've listened to this record a bunch of times, but try as I might, I can't make contact. I want to laugh every time Grace lilts out the phrase 'Up against the wall, motherfuckers!' (a slightly overused phrase by this point anyway) and I don't find the instrumental cuts very inspired either. It's hardly a bad album though and everyone seems to dig it a lot, but they could be wrong. B"
>>
>>61876895
Nigger, if you think a band signed to big corporate RCA was actually going to overthrow The Man and start a revolution...
>>
>>61876895
Airplane were never that good anyway and their music has aged a lot worse than the Britrock of the 60s-70s. I'm glad that Grace Slick realized it too and retired from music.
>>
>>61877395
"I don't think rock stars should be over the age of 50. Rock and hip-hop are great ways for kids to get that anger out."

Welp...

>tacitly admitting that your music the whole time was just stress release for suicidal angsty 15 year olds and that revolution stuff was just for yucks
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.