[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHm Xlj40PsQ&list=PLJ8y7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: BowieSalute[1].jpg (26KB, 350x536px) Image search: [Google]
BowieSalute[1].jpg
26KB, 350x536px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHmXlj40PsQ&list=PLJ8y7DDcrI_rrrLkG_x76tqXfTLgDVNOV

If you don't sympathize with fascism then you can't fully understand Thin White Duke-era Bowie. You can appreciate this phase like a casual pop listener, but you will never truly comprehend the cold raw psychological power of his greatest album which transformed him into a modern-day Caesar. His repeated mentions of fascism in interviews and lyrical references to imperialist strength and Nietzschean elitism during this era weren't simply the ravings of a coke-addled lunatic, and it wasn't part of a goofy persona that shouldn't be taken seriously—Bowie was an artist and this meant something, though he would pretend later it didn't.

Bowie saw strength and spectacle in fascism, he saw ability and power, and through it he was able to refine his celebrity and music into an abstract weapon of talent. This is Bowie at his pinnacle and yet his darkest, at his most detached and intellectual and yet his most visceral, at his cruelest and yet his most rewarding. We will probably never see a pop musician able to harness political ideology in such a creative fashion ever again, so take heed.
>>
>tainting Nietzsche with fascism.

0/10, go back to the bunker Adolf.
>>
>>61873019
>I don't understand Nietzche but I have read Kaufmann's rehabilitation efforts
Nietzsche is fundamentally elitist and his writing has strong fascist overtones, even despite his attempts to move beyond political ideology. You cannot reconcile modern leftist thought with Nietzsche.
>>
bump for Nazi Bowie

This is important
>>
what did he mean by this?
>>
seriously though >>61874359
>>
>>61873019
>0/10
Not possible
>>
File: 1449985977026.jpg (124KB, 600x684px) Image search: [Google]
1449985977026.jpg
124KB, 600x684px
>>61872972
>I post on /pol/ and Station to Station is my favorite David Bowie album

Your post could've been one sentence.
>>
he was making fun of you you loser lol
>>
>>61875023
lol
>>
who cares dude its just music
>>
>>61875023
No, his far right politics at the time were very genuine, genuine enough to disturb the general public and cause serious controversy. If he was mocking anybody it was clearly the plebeian masses (You) whom he flaunted his superiority before.
>>
He was high as fuck and didn't even remember that year once he got sober. He was indeed a raving lunatic. He was never a fascist when he wasn't on cocaine.
>>
>>61876849
There are hints of fascism and far right politics in his lyrics all throughout his career. Read the lyrics of "China Girl," a song which was written when he was "sane" again, and tell me that it isn't an ode to imperialist Aryan masculine strength.
>>
>>61876783
His fascism was as genuine as his bisexuality, and probably filled with even more contradictions.
>>
>>61875012
This
>>
>>61877057

It's literally a comment on oriental-ism, coming from a narrator who recognizes the brutality of western culture and the fetishization of his girlfriend.
>>
File: Talk_To_The_Hand.jpg (431KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Talk_To_The_Hand.jpg
431KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>61877509
/thread.
>>
>>61877057
>completely missing the point of the song: the anon

I mean, the screaming/breakdown at the end its pretty fucking far from some "epic ode"
>>
this is some Sasha Grey level copypasta OP
>>
>>61876849
>sry bb i was soooooooo drunk!!!

were you born yesterday
>>
>>61877777
>>
>>61877622
>>61877938
That's how a dog-trained progressive would interpret it, yes, but anybody who knows anything about Bowie immediately recognizes his glee in giving gifts of blue eyes and television to his little China girl.
>>
>When I look at my China girl
>I stumble into town just like a sacred cow
>Visions of swastikas in my head
>Plans for everyone
>It's in the whites of my eyes
>My little China girl
>You shouldn't mess with me
>I'll ruin everything you are
>You know, I'll give you television
>I'll give you eyes of blue
>I'll give you men's who want to rule the world

Yeah he's really torn up about fetishizing Asian girls in this song. That must be why the track is considered so tolerant and progressive today, right?
>>
>>61877509
You know he actually had sex with men, right?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.