[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you /mu/tants ever met a famous musician, whether

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 21

File: Jack-White-Baseball-a.jpg (205KB, 610x384px) Image search: [Google]
Jack-White-Baseball-a.jpg
205KB, 610x384px
Have any of you /mu/tants ever met a famous musician, whether you were a fan of them or not?
>>
Mike love is a faggot. one time I saw him digging through the trash trying to find some treasure. He started rambling about a formula and how it was fucked with. I asked him if he was mike love of the beach boys and he said "Mike Love baby!!" and ran off.
>>
>>61871734
Gira
>>
Lou Barlow, at a Sebadoh concert in Berlin.
He was very nice and polite, even shy.
He asked what soulmate translates to in German and I told him it's "Seelenverwandte".
>>
File: tobymac.jpg (1MB, 2000x3011px) Image search: [Google]
tobymac.jpg
1MB, 2000x3011px
Back when I was a teenager, I met pic related. Oddly enough on the very day after I decided I no longer liked his music.
>>
I met Tyler Duncan from My Dear Disco/Ella Riot at a show once, IDK if they were ever famous but he was a really nice guy and took the time to talk with me before their set
>>
I saw Jeff Magnum at a book store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photo or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen copies of the Diary of Anne Frank in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the books and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each book and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
I saw Bones at a grocery store in Oakland yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen bottles of Fiji Water in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
I met Moby once.
>>
Pretty sure MC Ride asked me for change outside the dairy the other day.
>>
I met Doug Martsch, the Iceage members and a couple Arctic Monkeys
>>
I saw rihanna at the airport, getting her tickets checked at united
she took a picture with my mom and sister. nice lady this was before chris brown beat her :(
>>
>>61871949
you have to understand, ironic skatecore memeboys have their ways to express their attraction
>>
I went bowling with kanye west in '01, not long after 9/11. That was the first time I heard a few conspiracy theories that would later become quite popular.
>>
I met Killer Mike once. He was really sweet, I took a picture with him and he talked with me and my mom for a minute.
>>
>>61872330
If a girl choses to be with an abusive jerk, its her fault.
>>
>>61871926
>>61871949
i was waiting for these
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 480x640px
>>61872382
>tfw you will never protect his smile
>>
>>61871767
mike love was right about a lot of things
>>
I Met Moby twice
>>
I've met a lot of famous classical musicians.
>>
>>61871734
I met GWAR when I was like 6.
There were completely in costume.
>>
File: Tycho-Dive-10b.jpg (87KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
Tycho-Dive-10b.jpg
87KB, 450x450px
i met tycho at a small venue a few years back and he's the coolest and nicest
>>
I talked with taco from odd future after a concert.
So no, i never met any musicians
>>
in the lobby before he show doug martsch and i were walking towards each other in opposing directions and without saying a word i extended my hand and we shook hands and kept walking. it was a little surreal in the fact that we didnt say a word we and we didnt expect an exchange of words, just the acknowledgement was enough.
>>
>>61873048
I interviewed Beefcake for a university blog. Unfortunately his responses were too vulgar to get published. Funny dude though.
>>
I met William DuVall once. Pretty chill guy.
>>
I saw the bassist from pixies at publix the other day. I pointed at her and said "Now that's what I call a deal" She acted like she didn't hear me and left the store.
>>
>>61871848
Lou Barlow lives very close to me. I know J and Murph personally but was never really close to Lou. Cool guy though. I also met Frank Black, Thurston Moore, and Kim G.
>>
>>61873739
kek
>>61873806
This question has been beat to death, but does J warm up to his buds? I've seen some interviews where he seems to open up a bit more.
>>
>>61873046

same here. how are you connected to the classical music world but end up browsing this hole.
>>
>>61873872
yeah, he's a teddy bear. His son is really funny.
>>
I saw the singer from The Vines in Las Vegas once. He was walking around outside the Venetian hotel with a few other people.
>>
I interned for Philip Glass in High School, he's a strange guy
>>
File: brew2.jpg (76KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
brew2.jpg
76KB, 960x639px
Erik Petersen always sticks around for the main band if Brew's opening, or comes to see the opening bands if they're headlining.
He's a really chill dude and seems to actually like music.

I've met the lead singer of MDC this way. (His hands are fucking HUGE! It was like shaking hands with a catcher's mit.) Joe Queer is also always around.
>>
Got backstage at Mayhem Fest before. Got to meet Avenged Sevenfold, Asking Alexandria, Korn, and Mushroomhead.
At Summerfest ive met the guitarest from Survivor, Jimmy Chamberlin from Smashing Pumpkins,
met Katy Perry at Graceland of all places(she was with Russel Brand at the time)she just asked me to move for a pic,
ran into the guys from Modern Baseball at Riot Fest
Eugene Hutz from Gogol Bordello at Lollapalooza(i was so. damn. stoned. He was awesome though),
Meat Puppets also at Summerfest
drummer for Tiny Moving Parts. Just hanging around after a show
Brian Sella from The Front Bottoms. Waited for him after a show at Riot Fest with some friends. Right as we were giving up hope and walked away just to fuck with my friends i said HEY ITS BRIAN SELLAthen wtf turned around and he was there
Met members of Real Friends and Knuckle Puck many times. I live in the same town as them so ive had many run ins at local shows
and last but not lease again at Summerfest I saw Alice Cooper sitting on a couch and met his. Good times.
>>
*met Alice Coopers drummer. Sorry for typo
>>
>>61871734
kek he looks so uncomfortable to be wearing something other than black

but yeah, I met the critically acclaimed prog-pop duo Field Music. pretty chill guys, mildly socially awkward, calmly passionate, pretty much exactly what I had expected. was really cool.
>>
i've met dylan carlson, phil elverum, oliver from APTBS, stephan o malley, and sam beam
>>
>>61871734
i have 2 pretty bad stories

i saw ratking in nyc in august and wiki was hanging around in the park afterwards. there were a lot of people around and i wanted to talk to him, but the only thing i was actually interested in asking him about was death grips. i realized that it was pretty shitty, but this guy had traveled and hung around with mc ride and zach hill so i had to ask. i walked up to him and said "hey man, great show.". a big black dude started talking to him so he looked at me and said "hold on a sec, jeeves.". and i waited around for a few minutes while his mom talked to him about being safe tonight. finally he looks at me and i said "yo, you toured with death grips right?". he looks confused for a second and then says no. i was like, "oh i thought you toured with death grips", and he just didn't remember. i was such an awkward shit haha.

also, i saw iceage in bk, and thery were fantastic. saw elias smoking a cig outside after the show and said "really loved the show, man. thank you.". he didn't look up from the ground and nodded his head a little bit. my friends still make fun of me for both of those times.
>>
>>61871858
hahah never thought i'd see toby mac on here. michael tate is the GOAT though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOspoWBZGeg
>>
I interviewed Viper once
>>
>>61872244
moby mac?
>>
my cousin was a childhood friend of mod sun lol
>>
>>61873806
Wow. Very cool. J is my guitar hero.
>>
>OP asks about meeting famous musicians
>people reply with literally whos
>>
>>61872330
I met wiz khalifa
>>
>>61873116

this was a pretty gay post dude. cringe shit
>>
>>61874919
I saw Death Grips in Memphis a few months ago. While standing in line, MC Ride walked into the waiting area and just looked around a little. My friend and I thought that it couldn't possibly be him and joked around about introducing ourselves to "Mr. Ride," definitely within his earshot. He went into the tattoo shop next door and chatted up the people working there.

Later, when Death Grips came on, we realized how fucking stupid we were.
>>
I met Chick Corea after a concert two years ago
Met BB King when he performed at my community college once
>>
File: KeraManaStreetSnap[1].jpg (817KB, 700x1063px) Image search: [Google]
KeraManaStreetSnap[1].jpg
817KB, 700x1063px
I've met Mana-sama
>>
I met Mike Patton.

He was an utter cunt.
>>
>>61871734
I met all of Local Natives

They're really just normal guys
>>
>>61875296
oh look, a wolfmother fan
>>
I've met Gibby Haynes a couple times, he is friends with my dad. Really funny dude and cool too.
>>
I was out with my lil sis shopping and we happened to bump into Kim Kardashian. Apparently my mom and sis watch the show religiously together, so a bunch of "Oh my gods" ensued. She said hi to acknowledge me but for the most part I just awkwardly stood there as they took a selfie. But all of a sudden a black hand rest upon my shoulders, Kanye himself. I tried to hid my power level and managed to barely pull off one if those chest pump things (looking back I'm surprised my autistic tendencies didn't take over.) I tried to hide my power level (I'm a big fan) so I just said "hey thanks for letting me sis get a pic, she'll really appreciate it." I feel like I cut my time off shirt cause in the end I didn't even grab a pic myself.
>>
>>61871734

I sold bob Seeger a kayak
>>
I walked Bob Dylan up on stage once.
>>
I was at a party with Darby Crash before he an hero'd. I didn't go up to him, we were just at the same party.
>>
>>61872479

I met Killer Mike a few months ago, coolest guy ever
>>
>>61876081
Holy shit you're old.
>>
>>61876253
Yeah bud. Probably gonna go out the same way he did before age takes me though.
>>
>>61876309
That's sad breh
>>
>>61875193
in what possible way? it was very rad that he knew i knew who was and showed it by a cordial handshake. it wouldve been "gay" and awkward had either of us been weird about it was just a mutual gesture between two grown men. grow up. it sounds like your life sucks.
>>
Does David Hasselhoff count?
>>
I met Killer Mike at Oberlin College. He was doing a discussion/Q&A. I asked him a basic question, and he answered it politely. Later I raised my hand, and he pointed at me. I asked, "Can I shake your hand?!"

He then said, "...ill be around for autographs and meet and greats at the end of the Q&A" or something like that.

It was an out of body experience desu.

I went up to him after the thing, asked him for an autograph, shook his hand, and talked to him for a lil bit about wrestling. He's a very intelligent, and polite man.
>>
>>61876937
I don't remember typing "Desu," what the fuck lmao gonna go off me self
>>
>>61876969
abbreviation of to be honest family will translate to desu senpai
>>
I met Justin Bieber a few times in Atlanta, at this frozen yogurt place near my house
he had a bodyguard with him and was kind of obnoxious, but he was like 17 at the time, so idk
>>
File: Kevin Barnes 2.jpg (88KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Kevin Barnes 2.jpg
88KB, 640x640px
Met Kevin Barnes at a solo show in Kamalzoo Michigan. It was at a small church and I got their really early and was able to listen to him preform some Bowie songs for sound check, just me him and the audio guy. Cherished memory, as he complemented my shirt and later that night be signed my copy of his documentary and I got to listen to him talk about Bowie, this was 2014. He was really demure, but chill, no crew or did everything himself

Literally the best day of the whole year since I also made out with a cutie and was offered sex.

Clip form that show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UlkCqoA4sI
>>
>>61876937
>tfw I want to apply to Oberlin's Conservatory
If they have nigger shit like this I'll have second thoughts
>>
I met the entirety of Avenged Sevenfold while snowboarding in Lake Arrowhead, CA
>>
>>61875080
details pls anon
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>61871734
Dan Barrett is pretty cool
>>
Asking Alexandria....the whole band i had just got out of rock and metalcore 2 years earlier but had all access to mayhem fest 2014... Shook hands and told them they had a great set...
>>
I met Mac Demarco and he surprisingly didn't smell like shit
>>
My uncle is Garth Brook's songwriter
>>
>>61871734
met jimmy page in a british airport once, he was buying chocolate bars like a pleb

also interviewed fall out boy
>>
I met Slug, from Atmosphere before his concert once. He walked around shaking everyone's hand. Pretty cool guy
>>
>>61871734
I met Courtney Barnett once, hit on her (found out she's a lesbian)
>>
>>61877150

I'm the guy who made this video, Viper just took it and put it on his channel without credit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxPTJYYs4js
>>
>>61874919
Is ratking garbage? Seeing AnCo live next month and they're the opener for some reason.
>>
>>61871734
I met maynard from Tool after a show, he was tripping balls on something and gave me a japanese jelly snack of some kind.
>>
>>61879232
I'm so happy u ordered my cd cuzz
>>
>>61871734
Met Jack White at a venue in Nashville, he was polite enough.

I know Jason Aldean pretty well. He's a cheese

My dad is friends with Toby Keith (he is bro tier af) and was friends with Levon Helm too before he passed. Helm is probably my idol
>>
File: img-main-vidual.jpg (181KB, 1200x810px) Image search: [Google]
img-main-vidual.jpg
181KB, 1200x810px
Met Kaya and the rest of Femme Fatale a few months ago. He was so nice and pleasant, complimented him in broken Japanese and Spanish for the hell of it. Guitarist was also nice and funny, I told him he was badass on stage and he asked his translator what it meant, and he kept repeating it over and over, guess he thought it was a funny English slang word.
>>
>>61871858
who the fuck is toby mac and why does his attire match his age so poorly
>>
>>61873073
i couldn't imagine the dude who makes the music he does not being a nice, thoughtful, intelligent person
>>
>>61879598
It still hasn't arrived, it's been nearly 2 months
>>
Ran into Troy Sanders of Mastodon at a liquor store, said hey, told him i'm a fan, he said thanks and carried on his business.

Also ran into Frank Black walking his dog a few times because he used to live in my neighborhood. Just shouted "hey frank!" the first time and he gave me a wave, I didn't really want to bother him after that.
>>
Several.
I met a few guys from Electric Six (Johnny Na$hinal, Tait Nucleus?) and their (now former) drummer Percussion World is a close family friend.
My uncle is Troy Gregory, he has played with The Dirtbombs, Prong, Flotsam and Jetsam, my personal favorite Killing Joke, and /mu/'s wet dream, Swans. He is currently working on some very progressive material for a solo album and is continuing work with his band The Witches.
>>
>>61873739
caught me off guard fuck hahahahah

>>61874178
storytime

>>61876102
hey bernie dont you have a primary to win or something?

>>61878832
lesbians are so bad at letting you down east :/
like they think you'll just walk away as soon as they reveal that
probably true for some dudes tbqh

>>61879671
are you for real
are there functioning brain cells in aldean's head?
>>
>>61876746
yeah didn't he do a couple songs?
>>
>>61871780
Jesus, that's gotta be terrifying.
>>
I met Andre 3000 when I was like 12 at an Outkast soundcheck
>>
>>61879744
to answer the first question, he's the most well-known christian hiphop artist, and to answer the second, hes a 50-year-old christian hiphop artist
>>
>>61872310
Please tell me Doug Martsch is cool

even if it's a lie
>>
>>61876081
Fuckin jizzing right now
>>
Bob Geldof ate a soup at my family restaurant whilst reading the paper.

Then there are the random metal people like Neige from Alcest or Alan (?) from Primordial that I'd bump into because the concert venues were quite small. Idk, I feel dirty even mentioning them since they are in no way musically relevant.
>>
met Raul Panther after a show in LA and we talked about, what else, but megaman. total sweetheart.
>>
my friend's dad is like the main guy from bad brains? ive literally never listened to them but hes a nice enough dude
>>
I ran into Rat Scabies on the street before back sometime around 2013 or 2014
Half-nice guy half-dick
>>
File: macy-gray_image_large.jpg (16KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
macy-gray_image_large.jpg
16KB, 250x250px
lenny kravitz, macy gray, the escovedo family, narada michael walden, and some big producers too
>>
>>61879965
You're fucking telling me your friend's dad is H.R.? Bullshit man, I need proof.
>>
i'm good friends with noise musician aaron dilloway irl if that counts
>>
My dad says he got high with both Jaco Postorious and Eazy E (different occasions obviously)
I met Bob Weir once.
no real opinion on him.
>>
>>61875259
did you know chick is a Scientologist
>>
>>61879860
he's not smart by any means but he's not that dumb either. he's just goofy. i only know him because he hunts with my brother sometimes
>>
I met moby thrice
>>
>>61871734
Im very close friends with Jump Up/DnB producer "Vacuum", and I spent a night with the UK Rapper Res One from Split Prophets doing coke and talking bout our lives and shit
>>
>>61879671
did you get to meet levon?
>>
>>61871734
I got backstage passes and met Cherub. Not super famous and I dont really like their music but they were nice.
>>
Ran into C.C. DeVille for a brief moment. He was a bit drunk.
>>
I've hung out with Kevin Barnes multiple times after New Orleans shows. The whole band usually goes to the bar next door to the Howlin' Wolf, where they usually play. He's really approachable and holds a neat convo over a gin and tonic or two.

Ran into Panda Bear at Shaky Knees fest last year. We had a brief conversation about selfie sticks before a crowd began to swarm around us and he excused himself to sign autographs and take pictures.

And, finally, at 2014 p4k fest, Annie Clark and I made eye contact.
>>
>>61878636

>met jimmy page

I envy you so much.
>>
Has anyone met Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Autechre? What were they like
>>
I smoked crack in moby's bathroom
>>
>>61880478
no but i sniffed snares' gitch once
>>
>>61875280
tfw no gf
>>
>>61880272
Cherub are great guys. Let them crash at my place once and they smoked me up fat
>>
>>61877076
Shouts out. I used to live there. I went to WMU. My friends put on that show. I bet we know each other.
>>
>>61880259
He taught me how to play slide guitar and (tried) to teach me the mandolin. I wish he was my dad desu
>>
I've met fucktonnes of musicians since I'm a music festival organizer, many are nice, some are dicks, some think I'm a pimp and want me to organize "groupies" to "hang out"
>>
>>61880478
I "met" Aphex Twin when I was on holiday in Cork. We were in a pub in the middle of a day and I saw him having a drink alone in a booth. I am absolutely 100% positive it was him. I pointed him out but nobody else in my group knew who he was. I eventually went over and said hi and that I was a fan of his work, and he stared at me blankly until I walked away, which made me even more positive it was him.
>>
met Brooks of the Growlers after a show in Toronto. He just walked up to the bar right beside me, said i was a fan and talked for about 15 minutes, real cool guy.
>>
>>61880601
I smoked bath salts from Moby's crack
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 600x400px
I talked to Jeff Rosenstock on the phone once. I asked him about the beach boys and then he talked about how much he dug wisconsin. I was so nervous cuz he's my idol.
>>
I've met a few musicians.

Most recently was last summer though. I met Christopher Owens when he played in Houston. I was amazed by how small he is. He couldn't have been over 5'6" honestly. I'm only 5'10" and in the picture we took together I'm towering over him.

He was super nice though and good live. He seems like a real sweet guy.
>>
>>61880478
I legitimately did meet Autechre after a show last October. They're both very nice, reserved, and down to earth.
>>
>>61871734
I met Zach Hill once. Zach is at least 7 feet tall. My mom is a real estate agent and she said she was doing an open house of an apartment place in Sacramento. At the time I was looking for cheap place to live and she offered for me to come along to see if I liked it.
It was a fairly shitty place but I stuck around because my current wealth didn't offer high standards. At the time Death Grips didn't exist (this was 2008) and none other than Zach Hill was among the small crowd interested in the vacant flat. He was wearing a black t shirt that had "YANK CRIME" crudely written on in white paint. He smelled a bit and had long greasy hair but he wasn't all that out of place for the Sacto area.
While my Mom was professionally showing the features of the open kitchen Zach kept wandering around the room tapping on things with his open palm. And would occasionally stop and take out his phone and record him tapping on the object.
I'm kind of a talkative person so I approached him and asked what he was up to and he looked down and just smirked. Then he asked if I was into the math scene. I thought he meant actually mathematics so I reluctantly told him I wasn't into math and that I was an artist. He laughed so hard than my Mom stuttered and looked over to us but then continued her presentation. He then kneeled down which made his head about the same height as mine and just whispered to me "19/6 time signatures". I had no idea what he was talking about but then he just yelled "SELF CHECKOUT IS A GOOD SONG TITLE" Then ran to the exit to the room but smashed his head on the top of the doorway. He let out a weird fake sounding growl then fell to his knees. He stood up after about 10 seconds and just to the room "Please tell me somebody sampled that hella fuckin' noise!". He didn't wait for a reply then ran away.
it was only until 2011 that I recognized him to be Zach Hill. Who I at the time had never heard of.
>>
>>61879916
He's one of the nicest guys i've ever met.
>>
File: emg-devin-townsend.jpg (41KB, 690x388px) Image search: [Google]
emg-devin-townsend.jpg
41KB, 690x388px
>>61871734
I met dev after a meshuggah/dtp show. Love the guy and his music, really genuine, down to earth and an all round funny fucker.

I also met burt from fear factory at sydney airport while he was getting a coffee, shook my hand and said my jacket was badass...cool guy.
>>
>>61876081
Damn, what was he like in person?
>>
File: wayne n me buds.png (2MB, 1296x968px) Image search: [Google]
wayne n me buds.png
2MB, 1296x968px
Ran into Wayne Coyne about five years ago. This was the night of a show in Tulsa when a five minute storm ruined the stage. Show was called off. That One Guy, Mutemath and Primus were on the bill before the Lips but the storm blew in while Mute was setting up.
>>
>>61871895
Tyler Duncan is the coolest! That whole band is full of awesome people, the Ann Arbor scene consistently produces really talented down-to-earth acts
>>
>used to run with a pretty tough crowd
>stupid kids desperate for money
>usually mugged rich looking white people in suits
>One time we jumped this skinny guy and his friend
>dragged him to the bushes so he wouldn't see our faces
>he just said "Uh-oh!" while we were dragging him
>later found out he was the singer in some '80s band
>>
i met nivek ogre a while back, my old boss was friends with him and i was invited to eat with them. too bad i think his music is shit.
>>
>>61875152
El Paso I bet
>>
File: 1441434253814.jpg (104KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
1441434253814.jpg
104KB, 399x600px
>>61881680
>>
>>61876969
You been on /b/ or something/? Filters have been in place for ages.
>>
>>61880844
Can't tell if this is a joke or not.
>>
>>61871780
I met Gira too after a concert in SF last year. He's super sweet and talkative.
>>
Ian MacKaye. Nice guy.
Jason Molina. Nicer guy.
Beach Fossils stayed at my house once.
Had drinks with Britt and Jim from Spoon.
Mark Kozelek.
There's more but I don't remember. I used to do sound.
>>
>>61878832
I remember you.
>>
File: 141005-weird-al-ftr.jpg (200KB, 1240x775px) Image search: [Google]
141005-weird-al-ftr.jpg
200KB, 1240x775px
I saw Weird Al in a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh! Thank you very much!”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and playing his accordion and making me laugh really hard. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him blow a whistle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw Weird Al trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Make A Wish kids while everyone else cheered and sang "Amish Paradise" while holding candles.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you are a beacon of light on an otherwise stormy day. Please play us a song!” At first he was pretending to be tired and not hear her, but after he helped an elderly couple put their groceries into the back of their mid-sized sedan, he came back around and played "Another One Rides the Bus" 15 times in a row because people wouldn't stop requesting it.
>>
>>61881027
met him a couple of times in melbourne. helped him bring gear into the venue. nice guy
>>
I met Brian Welch a few years back
>>
I bumped into Michael Gira on staircase, I said sorry, he replied with You better be. As he was walking away he mumbled something like God damn hipsters. This was in 2014 and Im crying ever since then when Im listening to swans
>>
I watched the 13th Floor Elevators reunion show with Ty Segall and Charles Moonthart which was pretty neat.

Saw Beck at a local guitar shop once.

Ran into Buzz Osborne with my friend while getting we were getting his bike after a Melvins show.

Smoked weed with the drummer from Viet cong.

Have ran into Mac Demarco like three times.
He smells great.

There are a lot more smaller interactions, but I'm too lazy to post them all.
>>
>>61882910
Austin? This sounds like Austin.
>>
If you live in Arlington, Virginia you will see Ian MacKaye pretty regularly if you go to the right places, especially record stores. It's also basically a rite of passage for stupid teenagers to crank call him when they are having babby's first experience with alcohol.

Bumped into Henry Rollins last year too. Instense guys, but very polite
>>
met Isaac Brock a few years ago in Portland while buying smokes. we chatted about a fish store he was just at and how he once dropped a fish on his shoes. dude's not as smelly as I thought he would be
>>
File: 1345356210010.png (75KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1345356210010.png
75KB, 200x200px
>>61883157
>It's also basically a rite of passage for stupid teenagers to crank call him when they are having babby's first experience with alcohol.
What the fuck, poor Ian
>>
>>61873088
checked and kek´d
>>
File: 1433993677912.jpg (345KB, 1280x1385px) Image search: [Google]
1433993677912.jpg
345KB, 1280x1385px
I met Mc Ride's brother, anyone want to know what he said to me when I asked him how Ride came up with that vocal delivery?
>>
>>61880360
He lives in the same town as me, or near enough. Had a party at the pub that my brother works who got to meet him.

Made a request that no Led Zep was played while he was there so my brother put his music on and forgot that most of it was Led Zep. Good times.

Also, I've met the guys from Modern Baseball, Jake and Bren anyway. The first time I saw them I was at the merch stand and didn't know them too well, but clicked after a while that they were the two guys manning it and bought a hat. They were really chill guys and I just spoke to them about what they thought about England and whatnot. Though I've said hey to Bren at another of their shows as he was walking by and he seemed really uncomfortable so I let him be.

Also hugged Dylan from Tiny Moving Parts at the same show and spoke a little to the drummer.
>>
>>61881607
underrated
>>
>>61879932
Meeting Neige would be cool.
>>
>>61871734
I met John Mayer at a grocery store once, he was getting some snacks before playing at a local ampitheatre. Seemed like a pretty chill dude.
>>
Phill Rudd cut in front of me in the line for food at a speedway. Guy's a cunt.
>>
>>61879932
I've met Neige once after a show, now he really is a sweet guy

also met James Dean Bradfield
>>
File: waynecoyne.png (139KB, 536x491px) Image search: [Google]
waynecoyne.png
139KB, 536x491px
>>61881680
So fucking jelly right now
>>
>>61882580
what a swell guy
>>
i met one of them queers from barenaked ladies
>>
Met Thijs van Leer from Focus after a show in a greet and meet.
He was cold as ice, unlike the rest of the band that was trying to be nice, and was probably thinking I knew nothing about music to really understand his job. He probably also thought I only pirate his stuff and he'd be right.
>>
>>61881790
is this a david byrne reference
>>
I wouldn't call it "meeting" per se, but I saw Porter Robinson do a surprise thing at Mogra back in December.
>>
My sister probably fucked Soulja Boy

>tfw you will always be white trash
>>
I got to meet Paco de Lucía in Mexico a few weeks before he died. He was a pretty laid-back family man, it's a shame
>>
>>61871780
it's not hard to meet Gira, just hang around after a concert and he usually turns up to sign a load of stuff. He's just fine, really friendly and gets that there is no point being a cunt to fans. I imagine the "scariness" of Gira would only be seen by those close to him.
>>
>>61871734
i've met quite a few musicians, most noteworthy was Steven O'Malley, he was just a pretentious wanker
>>
Wayne Coyne
Bradford Cox
Black Lips
mc chris
Ty Segall
Lil B
King Tuff

probably more i'm forgetting but those were memorable
>>
I met Thom Yorke once. I was in California and I happened to run into him at a local diner. He was sitting alone and it looked like he'd only just started eating, so I decided to just go up and say hi (if his friends were there I would have just let him be). Anyway, I walk up and say hello and tell him I know him from Radiohead. Nothing. No reaction. Doesn't say a word. He just sits there, staring right through me. Staring intensely, but with no emotion whatsoever.

I begin to feel awkward, so I say "sorry to disturb you" and start to walk away but before I even get a chance to turn he just gets up suddenly and starts walking toward me, still making full eye contact. At first I thought he was going to try and barge into me or something, but at the last minute (like an inch away from me) he turns and heads toward the trash can. Then he starts dumping everything on his plate into it. One by one. Potatoes, carrots, everything. He picks up each bit of food up, holds it high above the can and drops it. Some of it didn't even make it into the trash because he wasn't looking at what he was doing.

Finally his plate is empty and this is the part that really fucking weirded me out. He looks around to check no one (but me) is looking, then slides the plate under his jacket and walks out.

I was just astounded, it was pretty surreal.
>>
can someone deliver that sufjan stevens pasta u kno which one
>>
>>61876746
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY

Yes
>>
File: homepage_large.e1687b4d.jpg (91KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.e1687b4d.jpg
91KB, 319x319px
I've met Michael Gira and he signed pic related. I asked him if he'd inscribe "It's Time to Bone" on the cover but he politely refused.
>>
>>61874221
Yo, I met Erik Petersen when he was just hanging out in the back of a Pat the Bunny show, and talked a little with both of them afterwards.

Also Ceschi Ramos got me a special vinyl out of his car and gave it to me for $5 after talking for a while
>>
I met Anthony Fantano at a festival once. I tried to tell him that I was a fan but he kept interrupting me by asking if I had taken the red pill yet. He called me a beta and walked away. He seemed really rude.
>>
>>61883290
Yes
>>
I met TTNG twice. Pretty decent blokes and Brian Batz (of Sleep Party People) twice. He was friendly and signed my record of their s/t
>>
Panda Bear, lots of times. We both live in Lisbon.
>>
>>61875883
I walked the Grateful Dead onstage in 1969
>>
I saw Liam Gallagher once. I told him I was a big fan of Oasis and he told me to fuck off

;_;
>>
>>61873806
Pioneer Valley hippie spotted
>>
>>61872272
Kek
>>
>>61874163
what year was this? craig is a bonafide recluse these days, no friends, no phone, no internet, no touring. nothing.

always liked him, think the asperger's diagnosis tainted his career, made people dismiss any badass shit he did like letterman-get free as "autism lol"
>>
>>61875296
i feel like meeting people you admire from afar can be a dangerous game. if you don't click in the way you imagine you would, you're likely to feel snubbed by the holier than thou successful artist (or whoever) and want to hate them.

i saw crispin glover live (his movies and stage performance) back in july 2015 and decided not to bother meeting him personally after each show, although i did ask a question from the audience during the q&a. it allowed me to remain interested in his work without risking that feeling of being misunderstood or, worse, disliked by him on a personal level.
>>
>>61872488
E D G Y
D
G
Y
>>
>>61877107
the guy named sin in that band (maybe the others too) is a crook. he half owns a studio and him and the other guy mislead hopeful bands, tricking them into paying more and more money by dangling offers and promises in front of them. my friend's band recorded there and the guy showed up saying he'd get them on an avenged sevenfold tour, etc. they were thrilled. turns out it was all bullshit, just a scam to get them paying more.
>>
>>61875860
that's so random. I'm actually a pretty big fan of his pre-Like a Rock stuff.

if you're still ITT--any details, did he say what he was getting a kayak for?
>>
>>61882580
based pasta
>>
File: 20110704174217.jpg (373KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20110704174217.jpg
373KB, 2048x1536px
>>61871734
I work in a guitar shop
>Paul Simon
>Chris Difford (Squeeze)
>Paul Weller
>Bob Mould
>J Mascis
>Mike Campbell
>Ron Blair
>Joe Bonamassa
>Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes
>Atari Teenage Riot
>Annie Clark
>Walter Becker and his cunty tech
>Brad Whitford
>Matt Cameron
>Kim Thayil
There have been others over the years but those are the ones I can recall off the top of my head.
>>
File: father-john-misty-acl-2.jpg (54KB, 608x450px) Image search: [Google]
father-john-misty-acl-2.jpg
54KB, 608x450px
https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/music-ii
>>
>>61886557
thats what you get for liking oasis you fucking mong
>>
>>61883157
>intense guy
elaborate
>>
I met Joe Walsh in a McDonald`s once.
>>
>>61889307
what did he order?
>>
>>61889377
I think he just grabbed a drink. He just played a outdoor show near the McDonalds and we had stopped there for food and he walks in and we where like holy shit thats Joe Walsh and I said hi and shook his hand
>>
>>61883290
What a swell girl
>>
i met benn jordan after a concert once...
>>
>>61875764
nice
>>
I cremated David Bowie
AMA
>>
>>61889710
I guess you could say he really was ashes to ashes HUH
>>
>>61872272
pretty sure it was just a random homeless man
>>
I talked to Henry from ttng a few times. Nicest man alive.

Briefly talked to the bassist from tera melos twice at shows.

My friend talked to the guitarist from this will destroy you after a show about old horror films while I just stood there like an autist

Cam from old gray walked by me and said "hey how's it going" or something and I just said "hey" and kept walking. Again because I am apparently autistic.

None of these people are exactly famous but yeah
>>
My sister knows slug and met atmosphere a few times too. She also knew Eyedea and Abilities, cause they're from my area.
>>
>>61891845
I jelly
>>
Spoke to Function (famous techno DJ and producer) in the chillout room in Berghain on New Years.
>>
>>61872479
>>61876102
I've heard the same thing. That he's super chill and a great listener. Willing to hear you out regardless of who you are.
>>
chatted with mt kimbie once.

they were cool, I guess. Pretty regular guys
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.