[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello Class! How are all of you? Today's assignment is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Dream Theater.jpg (122KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Dream Theater.jpg
122KB, 500x500px
Hello Class! How are all of you?

Today's assignment is for you to write your thoughts on Dream Theater and their work in the form of a fifty words or more post. Do you like them or do you dislike them? Why? Do you have a favorite album, or are they too loathsome to choose? Have fun!
>>
theyre pretty good
>>
Shit band
>>
>>61871045
>>61871077
>fifty words or more
>>
Dream Theater is one of those bands that has gained popularity because of their technical ability over whether they can write a good song. They are perfectly capable of writing good music, like they have done in the past (Images & Words, Awake, Metropolis 2, etc.), yet they choose to make some of the most trite, soulless music released to the public. They also kicked Portney out which is gay as fuck. The best thing they’ve done recently is the trailer for The Astonishing and that’s only because it’s so shit it’s humorous. Kind of like how a retard falls down the stairs.
>>
>>61871102
theyre pretty good though
>>
>>61870908
They're really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really mediocre
>>
>>61871123
Very well done. I do not approve of homophobic language, but I won't let my opinions get in the way of your grade.

B+

>>61871147
Lacks substance, and fell short of the word goal.
>>
>>61870908
>your thoughts on Dream Theater and their work in the form of a fifty words or more
they suk
>>
>>61871141
Yeah not cringe at all
>>
>>61871190
don't talk to your superiors like that
>>
>>61871123
>The best thing they’ve done recently is the trailer for The Astonishing and that’s only because it’s so shit it’s humorous. Kind of like how a retard falls down the stairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3YdzMy593Y

Holy fuck this is great. My roommate is a complete DT fanboy and is convinced all their shit is 10/10. I hope the whole concert is filled with shitty cardboard cut out animation like this
>>
>>61871279
Do you give your roommate wedgies daily.

I would.
>>
>>61870908
They are everything wrong with modern progressive music, their early albums were decent, but now they are so cheesy and lack self-awareness so they became a laughing stock
>>
While prog is a very self-serving genre and being self-serving isn't inherently bad, Dream Theater represent the worst of a genre already filled with self-indulgent expressionism. Dream Theater are not as fun as Gentle Giant or Genesis, are not as good songwriters as Pink Floyd or Porcupine Tree, nor as adventurous as Can or King Crimson. The only thing this prog band really has going for them is their technical exhibitionism and histrionics. However, much like Rush, this is merely a front to hide just how ordinary and uninspired their music is much. While the members of Dream Theater are more than capable of playing, the ability to play something worthwhile is a trait that is lost on the group. And it is this that makes Dream Theater experienced, yet so amateur
>>
>>61871544
Exceeding work. A-
>>
>>61870908
They are talented musicians and contrary to popular belief they are good at writing music.

What they are not good at is writing lyrics or being original. They also have a fairly annoying sounding vocalist.
>>
>>61871123
>They also kicked Portney out which is gay as fuck.
He left the band.
>>
File: 1391796690265.gif (2MB, 172x224px) Image search: [Google]
1391796690265.gif
2MB, 172x224px
>>61870908
>Hello Class!
fuck off
>>
I like Dream Theater, though I find that every album of theirs is a mix between very good and totally boring, so without fail I only like a third or half of the album and never give the other songs a try after the initial play or two. I think they make too many songs "long for the sake of being long". Albums like Awake are total shit in my opinion, with the exception of Erotomania. I'm not sure if The Astonishing is going to be good, but The Gift of Music was alright.
>>
>>61873169
Well rounded write-up. B
>>
>>61870908
>Class
>in the form of a fifty words or more post
Why can't Teacher into English?
>>
I have never listened to any Dream Theater songs. The closet I've got to listening to one is a tutorial-ish video by John Myung because I'm a beginning bassist.
They are playing here in my city in May. Should I go and see them?
>>
>>61873425
The Answer Lies Within XD - go see them, it'd be fun
>>
>>61871164
>I do not approve of homophobic language
you're a good teacher
>>
Dream theater makes nice music, but used to make better music in the past. The main reason for that is the departure of Kevin Moore. Their post KM stuff is still fun to listen to though.
>>
Years ago my friends made a song about what went wrong with Dream Theater

https://youtu.be/e1s1BPYS3DM
>>
>>61874229
Fucking great.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.