[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /mu/ think of converge?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: youfailme.jpg (560KB, 1483x1483px) Image search: [Google]
youfailme.jpg
560KB, 1483x1483px
what does /mu/ think of converge?
>>
One of my favorite hardcore/metalcore bands
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
I seriously think their latest album was their best one yet. On a very short list of bands that have been around for 25+ years and don't suck yet.

>mfw Trespasses
>>
>>61870505
Really dumb band with angsty lyrics and vocals that sound like shit

>inb4 they're supposed to sound like that
>>
>>61870583
AWLWLB has some of their best riffs, s/t track always gets me pumped up.
>>
Jane Doe is my favorite album of all time, followed by Kid A.
>>
>>61870583
tender abuse is my favorite. so fuckin raw
>>
>>61870505
Asking Alexandria for hipsters
>>
I fucking love the drums and the screaming, but their stuff is too overproduced m8.
All their albums are cool, but my favorite is Axe To Fall.
>>
>>61870604
well "vocals that sound like shit" is subjective so we will just leave it at that
i understand that jacob bannons screams from hell aren't for the faint of heart
>>
>>61870686
ew thats my least favorite
also i think its perfectly produced. a lot of metal/hardcore is often too muddled and I think Kurt Ballou really found a sweet spot
>>
>>61870583
it's absolutely insane that they can make some of their best work after so much time. usually bands like these tucker out real quick
>>
>>61870716
Idk, the mix is a clusterfuck.
Also, why don't you like Axe To Fall?
>>
Why didn't they include Wolves At My Door on every copy of You Fail Me?
>>61870686
>i dislike the overproduction but their mosf overlayered and overproduced album is my favourite!
>>
>>61870689
Or for the 18 or older crowd.
>>
>>61870684
But Converge actually puts thought into their song writing, Asking Alexandria just 0-0-0-0 and calls it a day
>>
>>61870686
Are you serious, their production is great
>>
>>61870748
eh to each his own. I think jane doe was a bit tinny but you fail me is perfect imo. it seems that everything is perfectly at the forefront.
on axe to fall: too much singing and deviations from what they do best, which is chaotic hardcore. the first song is badass though
>>
>>61870767
18 and younger*
fixed
>>
it's a tie between black cloud and death king for their best song. but either way, you fail me has grown to be my favorite, even outshining the mighty jane doe
>>
>>61870808
You Fail Me has the better production on his career, i have to accept that.
I like Axe To Fall because it has more metal than hardcore, that was surprising and cool. The solo on Reap What You Sow is amazing and the drumming is goat.
>>61870754
>most overlayered
That's not No Heroes
>and overproduced
That's not AWLWLB
>>
>>61870909
yeah i see what you mean about more metal in axe to fall. i am a hardcore punk fan more than anything so i guess thats why i gravitate towards you fail me and jane doe

also no heroes is overlooked as fuck
>>
>>61870909
AWLWLB is the closest you'll get to their live sound.

Though recently Ballou is making most of his produced hardcore records sound too polished. The new Magrudergrind sounds more like Trap Them
>>
>>61870979
I am more of a metal fan, but yet i think Jane Doe is the second best album behind Axe To Fall.
No Heroes is pretty mediocre desu, it's good but you can't compare it to You Fail Me for example. Also a lot of songs are boring.

>tfw i started listening to converge just because of their cool artworks
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.