[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We discuss David Bowie's own taste in music http:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: bowie_1.jpg (51KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
bowie_1.jpg
51KB, 480x480px
ITT: We discuss David Bowie's own taste in music

http://scallemang.ca/bowie25albums/
http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2010/jan/24/david-bowie-on-his-ipod

he likes Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Charles Mingus, The Velvet Underground (before it was cool of course)
>>
Patrician as fuck
>>
*falls asleep*
>>
>>61868971
Also saying Death Grips influenced Blackstar
>>
>>61868971
Lol the Velvets have been cool since the 70's, GYBE were critical darlings because of young college graduates not knowing shit about music, Charles Mingus has always been a well known name in the Jazz world. Acting like he had patrician taste with these examples is pretty pathetic desu senpai
>>
>>61869130
So because he liked 3 popular artist his taste isn't obscure enough for you? lel
>>
>>61869130
he's loved TVU since he got his hands on an unreleased promo copy
>>
>>61869130
Did you look at the rest of his favorites? Check the first link.
>>
>>61868971
>Amusingly, not only was I to cover Velvet’s song before anyone else in the world, I actually did it before the album came out. Now that’s the essence of Mod.
>>
>>61869128
this was just one of the hints he gave off about his cancer

bowie was literally in death's grip
>>
I wish artists released their iTunes library. I've always wondered if they love a lot of 'mu core' stuff. I must admit, I wouldn't have stumbled up alot of great stuff and further refined my taste if it wasn't for some of the essentials here. I also wonder how many great bands haven't heard of post rock ect.
>>
>>61869130
does this >>61869154 give him enough hipster cred for you?
>>
I never knew he and Scott Walker were involved with the same women at one point.
>>
>>61869130

>didn't read the article
>feels the need to comment
>>
>>61868971
Surprised there are no Krautrock albums on there
>>
>>61869408
Who did she prefer?
>>
>>61869459
Apparently Scott, since Bowie says she was playing his music all the time when he visited her.
>>
>>61869459
She preferred GY!BE, she wasn't all that into jazz.
>>
>>61868971
In the last thread someone else posted that Vinyl collection it came down to it either being fake or actually from 2003. Which is it?
>>
He liked The Secret Machines so much he interviewed them in 2006, this is one the last times Bowie talked at length publicly https://youtu.be/wd3q3uNcaHQ

Also you could tell how much Walker meant to him, on a radio show they play a birthday message from him to Bowie and he's speechless.
>>
>>61868971
>meme post rock
>meme jazz
>meme dadrock
Thank God this fuck is dead, Jesus CHRIST that is some shit taste
>>
That Steve Reich/Kronos Quartet Different Trains album is fantastic. I picked up the CD with that and another piece of his for $2 at a thrift store on a whim. The way he constructed melodies from vocal samples and used vocal samples and train samples in the music works very well, gives a glimpse into the concept Reich was trying to capture of trains to Nazi concentration camps vs. trains in the USA at the time.
Another great album that has melodies that follow along with speech samples is La trésor de la langue by René Lussier, it's such a cool concept.
>>
>>61868971
don't think this are real except for the guardian
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.