[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hope the vinyl market will die a fucking horrible death. Right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

File: vinyl_image[1].jpg (194KB, 1600x1063px) Image search: [Google]
vinyl_image[1].jpg
194KB, 1600x1063px
I hope the vinyl market will die a fucking horrible death. Right now it's all about fucking other people over.
>>
cおおl
>>
>>61860867
What do you mean? The only people I can think of who are getting fucked over is the underground dance labels who kept vinyl alive.
>>
4000$ Technics turntable, the vinyl market is great right now
>>
>>61860867
the vinyl market is so crosley, t b h. so much cringe among the buyers.
>>
>>61860958
>"so crosley"
the fuck?
>>
>>61860968
crosley = shit

the vinyl market is so shit
>>
>>61860958
>>61860983
ugh the vinyl market is like so uncool right now. probaly going to get into cassettes to continue my facade of being hip lol.
>>
>>61860867
Dude, give it up. You wankers have been at it for days. Vinyl Is 1000% superior to digital medium (if mastered and pressed properly using analog gear). Just because you're a broke NEET who can't even afford new shoelaces.....get a fucking job, loser. Vinyl Is actually the only means by which most underground artists are able to stay afloat, especially electronic artists.
>>
>>61860993
what a crosley thing to do
>>
>>61860996
I'm not talking about vinyls themselves, retard, because I love them. I'm talking about the market.
>>
For real though, I fucking hate the vinyl bubble and I want it to pls go. Admittedly I'm a part of it but it blows my mind how many lazy millennial retards are latching onto it for the sake of image and don't actually know what the fuck they're ever saying or doing.

Those who collect records, check out /r/vinyl if you feel like fighting the urge to quit this hobby forever. Knowing I share a common interest with people who say shit like "Grailing/crate digging is a drug!" and "Spinning this [Daft Punk's Random Access Memories] while the missus is out!" physically fucking pains me.
>>
>>61860996
this is crappy b8, but I know mu will take it.
>>
>>61861010
but /r/vinyl is crosley
>>
I keep reading people saying they can't wait for the 'bubble to burst' so they can start buying records for really cheap again etc. What will happen in reality is that the market would be filled with Crosley damaged Adelle, Ed Sheeran and dadrock reissues while serious collectors will continue collecting and all interesting records would maintain there value. New releases will stop being released on vinyl like the 2000s because it won't be worth it for them, or maybe they'll just transfer the CD master on to it and not give a fuck. Record shops would go out of business and shut down. Sounds pretty shit to me.
>>
File: Capture5.png (58KB, 809x852px) Image search: [Google]
Capture5.png
58KB, 809x852px
>>61861045
their*

also pic related, feature 'thrift store hauls'
>>
>>61861067
*future fuck
>>
File: abstract feel.jpg (56KB, 636x640px) Image search: [Google]
abstract feel.jpg
56KB, 636x640px
>tfw vinyls have introduced me to so much music I would have never got into
>tfw chopping and sampling them in ableton is so fun

I'll just get called a hipster by some neet faggot anyway, but it's been a fun ride
>>
File: b9d.png (13KB, 427x474px) Image search: [Google]
b9d.png
13KB, 427x474px
>>61861010
>leddit
>>
>>61861102
Reddit is so crosley.
>>
>>61861085
This is literally the draw of vinyl for me. Sifting through bargain bins for shit I've never heard before/shit I know I like for dirt cheap is awesome. I can plug my fucking mp3 player into my setup and listen to whatever I want through it, so it's not about le audiophile fidelity ;) and I agree with stuff like "I like big artwork" and "I like the ritual" and shit, but ultimately the draw is the ability to dig up obscure as fuck albums for like 50 cents per record and discover, discover, discover.

I'm not talented so I can't say I get the sampling thing, although I've always wanted to be Madlib tier and just have a room with thousands of records and regularly listen to them to find bits to sample.
>>
File: wtf.gif (843KB, 213x183px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
843KB, 213x183px
>tfw seeing punk lp reissues with $39.95 price tags
>>
File: Front.jpg (21KB, 504x500px) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
21KB, 504x500px
Recently saw a reissue of this being sold for £18. Not only you can find an old copy for £1-2 but the music is actually pretty shit, not even worth the space it takes on the shelf
>>
fact
>>
>>61861459

>the value of Marxist propaganda determined by capitalist market

perfect
>>
>>61862379

>marxist punk

what?
>>
>cd buyer

feels good man, no memekids around for a while
>>
>>61862492
what's the appeal to CDs? I have around 10 CDs, but it's because my car doesn't have an aux or cassette deck.
>>
>>61860867
What does that even mean, die a horrible death?

As long as there's demand, and there will be even when the hipsters get tired of it, there will be supply.
>>
>>61862492
artwork, booklets and stuff, I started when I was a kid so maybe it wouldn't make sense to start now
>>
That's why you buy everything from yard sales
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there really any point to buying vinyl over FLAC versions of songs? And I mean in terms of quality, not reasons like "I like to have physical copies of the music I own."

After all, unless you're using a completely analog setup (like an old phonograph), there has to be some digital conversion to make it play through speakers that would make you lose quality from the analog recording of the vinyl. Wouldn't it be just the same to have FLAC recordings and it just stays digital the entire time?

Also, isn't quality on a vinyl only actually the highest only if everything is recorded analog as well (again, like an old phonograph)? Don't most music producers nowadays put together their music digitally, so the version that gets recorded onto the vinyl is exactly the same as the FLAC quality-wise?
>>
Hi hipsters! I listen to music.
You know, the sequences of unique conflagrations and configurations of different frequencies of sound vibrations that stimulate a part of my brain when they encounter my eardrum.

I don't understand the joy of watching a circular piece of plastic spin around on a table while a needle captures the unique vibrations trapped in grooves imprinted on the plastic, then the vibrations travel electrically through transistors and stuff and gets amplified and broadcast through speakers. Are you all engineers or something?
>>
>>61860867
The most I've ever spent on a new LP is $16. Dont buy shit that costs more than that. It's almost always available for cheaper on cd.

>>61861459
This type of shit is hilarious. A large chunk of the top 10 selling vinyl releases from last year were represses of dad rock that was already filling bargain bins at record stores. But since so many people now on the vinyl bandwagon only go to Barnes & Nobles, Best Buy, Urban Outfitters, fucking Whole Foods, or other such big box places they have no idea.
>>
>>61862840
>unless you're using a completely analog setup (like an old phonograph), there has to be some digital conversion to make it play through speakers

wut? speakers dont play digital files your soundcard converts them to an analog wave. In the case of vinyl

pickup>preamp>amp>speakers all analog.

Music is still occasionally recorded on tape, thought often they convert it to digital to master it for vinyl. However this is still at a higher resolution than CD quality.

Basically to answer your question it depends on the album, but sound quality is not a good reason to get into vinyl unless you are prepared to spend a lot of money
>>
I love the sound of vinyl so much that I have a sound file I recorded of a bowl of Rice Krispies that I play when I listen to my MP3s to simulate the vinyl experience.
>>
>>61860867
ik i hat vinyl i only listen to 8 tracks and wax cylinders fuck that mainstream shit
>>
I worked at an HMV (Failing music/movie store doomed to go under if you didn't know)

And we sold vinyls and the only people that bought them were hipsters, teenage girls who thought the Beatles were cool but couldn't name more than one song and dad rock fans.
>>
File: CountryMusic.jpg (32KB, 500x513px) Image search: [Google]
CountryMusic.jpg
32KB, 500x513px
If there's one music genre that needs to fucking die. It's gotta be fucking country.
>>
>>61863653
4 years ago my local HMV didn't stock a single record, a few years ago they brought a small section, now literally half the music floor is covered in them. It's not that bad they stock some good new releases at decent prices
>>
>>61863653
>vinyls
mandatory calling you a faggot because you triggered my autism
>>
>>61861011
Nah your post isnt too bad.
>>
>>61863681
It already has, anon. The most popular country is just pop music with fake southern accents. NPR approved "real country" revival stuff like Jason Isbel, Sturgill Simpson, Chris Stapleton, etc is true to form but will never knock the domination of shit that fills country airways off. It's for a niche of old people and hipsters who are too cool to like Blake Shelton or Jason Aldean.
>>
>>61862379
Marxism may equal anti-capitalism, but anti-capitalist does not equal Marxist.
>>
File: image.jpg (351KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
351KB, 1600x1200px
>>61863377
Same.

>buy The Stranger by Billy Joel and Born in the USA by Springsteen for $4 total
>see them both in B&N for $30 each
>mfw
>>
I bought two copies of Blackstar by mistake. £20 which I felt was a rip off, but then I saw the prices on eBay and sold a copy for £110. It was going on eBay anyway but I timed that well.

I try and avoid new records when possible though. I went in HMV and the had The Good The Bad and The Ugly OST for £22. I went on eBay and got a mint original pressing for £7.

I prefer to buy direct from the band if I can but few people do that except Phil Elverum and Italians Do It Better.
>>
>>61863882
You can still buy it directly from their labels.
>>
>>61863967
Of course, it just means creating a thousand million accounts.
>>
>>61863882
>£20

where? even the black one was £25 on his page and online stores. Even though I like Bowie there was no way I was paying that much, and now I'm kicking myself, idiots were buying the clear version on ebay for £300+
>>
>>61861067
>AM
fucking really?
>>
>>61862526
CDs are okay in that you have a perfect hard copy you can rip as many times as you want but damn, if you have a lot then that's a lot of ripping and a lot of space they take up. I have about 5000 cds from before digital really took off and vinyl made a resurgence and I really don't want to get rid of them as that would be a pain in the arse in itself.
>>
>>61864173
>I really don't want to get rid of them as that would be a pain in the arse in itself.

I can come pick them up from your house if you want :-)
>>
>>61864173
why not sell it as a random lot of X number of CDs on ebay.
>>
>>61864322
Then I have to go through the effort of posting them all out.
>>
>>61864969
Personal collection?
>>
>>61861045

>New releases will stop being released on vinyl like the 2000s

Except that never happened, vinyl never stopped being made. Even a fair share of popular artists/bands still made vinyl outputs.
>>
bump cause it's true
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.