[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your musical confessions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 17

File: image.jpg (23KB, 351x329px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 351x329px
Tell me your sins, /mu/
>>
i like dream theater
>>
>>61857311
this guy likes dream theater
>>
File: 1335022001503.jpg (3KB, 122x131px) Image search: [Google]
1335022001503.jpg
3KB, 122x131px
i like music that you might not like that i like
>>
File: 1453100782183.jpg (56KB, 960x955px) Image search: [Google]
1453100782183.jpg
56KB, 960x955px
I still unironically listen to, and enjoy, chillwave in 2016.
>>
I've never heard a single Rolling Stones/The Doors/Prince/NIN Album.

I only like two songs on ITAOTS.
>>
Taylor Swift is without a doubt my favourite artist.
>>
Tubthumper is an enjoyable album
>>
File: 62598727.jpg (35KB, 293x223px) Image search: [Google]
62598727.jpg
35KB, 293x223px
>>61857333
>>
i have too much pride to take music recommendations from the majority of my friends

recently I've discovered new artists by listening to what /mu/ tells me is good
>>
>>61857289

I spent the last two months working endlessly on a hip-hop EP which I know is not going to go anywhere. Idk why I even did it. I'm addicted to smoking cigarettes even though I'm broke. I'm fucking a girl who's 3 years older then me whom I don't even like cause I don't want to hurt her feeling s and my family think I'm a loser.

Shit is weird.
>>
>>61858544
that right there is enough shit to make at least 1 song about
>>
>>61857289
i still listen to vaporwave and take it fairly seriously

>>61857333
that's p neat but is chillwave even a thing?
it's so undefined i mean
>>
i like some linkin park songs off their first two albums
>>
>>61857289
I like nightcore vaporwave edm lana del ray nmh and other shit music you dont like
>>
>>61857289
I used to watch ghost by halsey for edging fodder but now I think the song itself isn't that bad.
>>
>>61857289
i think martin garrix and skrillex are better producers than anyone else out there and saying you´re into rap means automatically a stamp of degenerate coz the background beat is two second loop and some hobo talking crap about how hobo he is. also rock is pityful and only future mainstream should be jazz+mainstream edm+orchestral
>>
I've suddenly gained a huge interest in Nirvana again after 5 years and have been buying and collecting their albums

I almost bought "Nevermind" on Vinyl today but ended up buying 2 Herb Alpert albums instead
>>
I don't play an instrument
>>
I unironically listen to Yung Lean. I like the idea it represents in my head
>>
>>61857289
I like music
>>
>>61859446
you sick fuck
>>
>>61859163
Wow u suck
>>
I've played music for almost ten years and my tone ear is still shit. I occasionaly try to practice it but drop my routine after a couple of weeks so I quickly forget what I've learned. Overall my practice routines are shit.

I am biased in favor of music made in my home country which has lead to a situation where most of the music I listen to is made here at the expense of big classic bands and albums. I've still yet to hear a Beatles album or DSoTM.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 220x200px
I have a shirt with this on.
>>
>>61858544
I'm willing to offer help. I rap and produce.
>>
dehumanizer is the best black sabbath album
>>
>>61857351
How have you not listened to Prince?
>>
>>61859482
Stop impostering me.
>>
File: 1450985380143.jpg (49KB, 657x360px) Image search: [Google]
1450985380143.jpg
49KB, 657x360px
I really like dadrock and even have some dadrock records
>>
File: index.jpg (16KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
16KB, 225x225px
I love this album
>>
>>61859077
Me too fampai.
>>
>>61857289
I secretly listen to Taylor Swift
>>
File: fyj.jpg (60KB, 736x672px) Image search: [Google]
fyj.jpg
60KB, 736x672px
Here are some artists that I really like:

The strokes
Gorillaz
Tame impala
Neutral milk hotel
Devin townsend project
TV on the radio
Arcade fire
Arctic monkeys
American football
The black keys

----------------------
Also, I cringe whenever someone claims that some music is objectively better than some other music because the notion of objectivity in music is laughably absurd and unjustifiable.
----------------------
>>
>>61860175
favourite album?

>>61860228
How so?

People often compare musical taste to taste in food. As in pop and rock are like fast food, and more intellectual musics are like going to nice restaurant with great chefs. How do you make of that?
>>
>>61860257
>How do you make of that?
That sounds fucking stupid.
>>
I actually enjoy listening to meme music like Yung Lean, Spooky Black and Death Grips
>>
>>61859446
man, thats just sick
>>
>>61859588
>not master of reality
>>
>>61860257

>intellectual musics
can't tell if you're baiting or actually this naive, ignorant and pretentious.

On the off chance that this isn't bait, just because the analogy fits doesn't mean that both activities are same in every respect. Moreover, who said taste in food isn't subjective?

I'd elaborate further but I'm 99% sure you're baiting so I'll stop.
>>
I enjoy Tool.
>>
File: 1435066587574.jpg (39KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1435066587574.jpg
39KB, 228x221px
I... I listen to music
>>
>>61860320
I wasn't baiting. I don't agree with it either, but I have seen people who strongly believe it, I just wanted to make conversation.

>who said taste in food isn't subjective?
If think the point they're trying to make is about the time, care, skill, and effort put into the food by chefs compared to fast food.
>>
File: image.png (357KB, 735x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
357KB, 735x650px
Sometimes I listen to music made before Loveless
>>
Post-avant jazzcore is better than progressive dreamfunk
>>
>>61860351
Same.

I also made a Spotify playlist of my favorite buttrock songs to troll my buddies with when we're drinking. We all love it, though... it didnt work like I wanted it to.
>>
>>61860368
You fucking disgusting faggot
Die
>>
File: mfw.png (31KB, 270x272px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
31KB, 270x272px
>>61860434
>>
I enjoy mainstream music

I.e Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, P!NK
>>
File: thedude.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thedude.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>61860386

Ok. I will give you the benefit of doubt and continue this for the sake of conversation.

>time
>care
>skill
>effort

all completely arbitrary factors. People here like to pretend and act patrician based on these factors but they aren't grounded in anything. One could just as easily pick "number of chords played" as a factor which is just as valid as any of these above.

Moreover, the pointlessness of these factors fail again when you consider prodigies who can effortlessly and instantly create enjoyable music.

Consider Bach or Beethoven. Do you think it would take them much effort or time or care to produce music that would be considered good?

my overall point is that any factor that you might use to create an ordering of superiority in music can be dismissed as completely arbitrary.

in fact from a utilitarian's perspective, the music which he/she would consider best is that which achieves it's goal most efficiently. If the goal can be taken as effectively providing enjoyment to listeners then pop music suddenly can't be dismissed anymore.

If your goal is to be original, different, patrician or highbrow then pop music takes a beating.

Since my goal is to listen to music that I enjoy most, I do not discriminate against any artist or genre based on anything apart from how much I like it's music.
Different people enjoy different music and therefore place different artists in different ordering.

IF you claim the existence of an absolute objective ordering in music then show me a solid justifiable non-arbitrary metric to judge it by.
(protip: you can't)
>>
>>61857351
>never heard a NIN album

HOW DO YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELF
>>
I swallow my own cum after I masturbate
>>
>>61860644
don't let those proteins go to waste
>>
File: 1452772886235.jpg (48KB, 720x711px) Image search: [Google]
1452772886235.jpg
48KB, 720x711px
>>61859482
>tripfag
unofficially off yourself :^)
you know why you´re all haters coz you´re stuck in the old fashioned world with old morales and react like bunch of old grumpy men to anything new which is why you can´t understand EDM you´re too old for that.
go back to your shitty 90´s rock and hip hop EP´s you dont have the right to talk to me with your middle aged, bored down, tasteless, ugly, unfashionable hipster shit favourites. You fucking casual.
>>
>>61857351
Both of those desu senpai
>>
>>61860144
Same
>>
>>61860628
Thanks man

I agree with everything you said btw
>>
i like renard, passenger of shit and goreshit
>>
I don't listen to field recordings.
>>
>>61860681
It tastes so good
>>
>>61858573
I want to hear this song, >>61858544

You'll be keeping it actually real.
>>
>>61857289
#banime
>>
I gave view to Katy Perry's 'Roar'
>>
I used to love metal as a teenager, but now it's just brings up embarrassing memories and makes me wonder why the musicians are so edgy and angry all the time.
>>
>At very rare times, maybe once every other year I listen to nightcore mixes while browsing hentai. So to satisfy my inner weeab.
>I've never listened to the Beatles in spite of all the music elitists I know
>I also enjoy every single album by Bring Me The Horison.
>I listen to Vaporwave unironically in 2016

just end me senpai
>>
>>61861012
same anon
>>
File: Summer Road Trip-Core.jpg (3MB, 1960x1390px) Image search: [Google]
Summer Road Trip-Core.jpg
3MB, 1960x1390px
I like to venture into new music but my taste is still very pleb in general.
Pic related is my favourite chart
>>
this week im really getting into adele, broods, lorde, lana del ray
>>
File: kwest.jpg (57KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
kwest.jpg
57KB, 416x416px
I enjoy some of kanye west's music. Can't admit it to anyone I know irl because they all think he's a trash pop artist.
>>
I've seen Duece from Hollywood Undead's solo career in concert.
>>
I think the most effective way to find artists you will like is to listen to ones that match with your MBTI.

This seriously works, most people don't realize that the music they prefer and naturally gravitate to is by their personality type, and the artists they have the taste for will reflect this.
>>
>>61857289
I love vaporwave
I much rather go to a concert alone that with people I know.
I refuse to take more that 2 pictures at a said concert. One before and one after.
>>
I went to an ICP concert and drank faygo out of a two liter bottle
>>
>>61861569
And how would I go about doing this?
>>
>>61861569
and where the fuck would we find the MBTI info?
>>
>>61861692
They make that stuff in 2liters? I love the cotton candy one.
>>
>>61857289
I really like BABYMETAL...
>>
i detest punk, and i see punk drummers as neanderthals.
>>
Despite my taste in music constantly evolving and developing I still listen to Killswitch Engage and other Metalcore acts frequently. I also go on massive binges of Vocaloid. Speaking of Vocaloid, I can't stop using it in my music despite being an ambient artist and trying to avoid using it.
>>
>>61861693
>>61861716
Just take an MBTI test online and your answers will determine the results for your personality type:
http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

After that you can search for musicians who have the same type as you, like googling "ISFP musicians" or whatever your type may be. Personalitycafe has tons of threads for artists and what type they would most likely fall into.

This is also a nice source that deals with musicians in particular:
http://theintuitivemusician.com/isfp/
>>
>>61861926
but that's just conjecture anon
>>
I have found that singing along to radio pop hits is quite an enjouable experience.
>>
>>61861949
I understand that there isn't a way to confirm an artist's unless we know they have taken a test, and even with that it usually isn't enough.

It's more about having an understanding of and being able to recognize personality traits that are prominent in an individual, which is what most people who are familiar with cognitive functions and who are knowledgeable of the MBTI system use to make an accurate assumption in this case. These things can be found in pretty much every aspect of an artists music, from their writing, instrumentation, how they behave in interviews/performances, and what there is to know about their personal lives as well.

In the end, I simply use it as a tool to "refine" my taste in a way that filters out artists I would most likely or most likely not enjoy, and for me I find it to be helpful.
>>
>>61857289
I kinda enjoy pink guy the album.
>>
>>61861926
>MBTI
>taking it seriously
>any year

Do you believe in anything the author claim to be a valid theory? I bet you believe the 9/11 was an inside job too.
>>
>>61860257
>People often compare musical taste to taste in food. As in pop and rock are like fast food, and more intellectual musics are like going to nice restaurant with great chefs. How do you make of that?

Nearly anyone can at least enjoy nice restaurants, even if they aren't foodies, whereas a lot of stuff considered 'intellectual' is a majority of people.
>>
>>61862867
>Nearly anyone can at least enjoy nice restaurants
I don't think many of the lower class appreciate haute cuisine.
>>
I love 70s instrumental prog. Everyone else seems to think it's a bit wanky and pretentious, so I guess I have shitty taste or something idk. Early Camel, Genesis and Mike Oldfield are fantastic though.
>>
>>61860386
>If think the point they're trying to make is about the time, care, skill, and effort put into the food by chefs compared to fast food.

Time/Skill/Effort doesn't mean anything if you got a shit recipe/shit song and the only required skill is the skill you need to perform the recipe/song. Being more experimental means you get to use less of tried and true tricks to make shit enjoyable
>>
>>61861363
>Submarine OST

nice
>>
>>61862584
The creators of MBTI never intended it to be taken as a way to label or diagnose people. It's simply a tool for studying psychological behavior. Unlike horoscopes/bloodtypes and other ways people have used to judge personality, MBTI is based on YOUR input and information that YOU give in the case of a questionare versus arbitrary factors that you have no control over/ This is what differentiates it from pseudo-science. The personality of humans are far more complex then narrowing it down to four traits that represent a type, but the concepts that it does cover are indeed real and are incorporated to the way we function in general.
>>
Im deaf and i use a device to hear but i still share opinions on music
>>
>>61859196
Herb Alpert > Nirvana
>>
My three favourite songs are:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhWDbdS-vjg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UohFWzX46fY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD5engyVXe0

I love the music I listen to but openly admit I have poor/dad-tier taste.
>>
I listen to Taylor Swift.
That new one direction album is really good.
I'm really excited to hear Zayn's album.
That Justin Bieber song is good (Love Yourself)
>>
>>61861363
As long as you expand and venture into new music, you can't be a pleb no matter your taste.
>>
kpop is one of my favorite genres but all of my irl friends assume I like it ironically...
>>
>>61860684
You got shit taste anon
>>
I didn't care for Sung Tongs... at all
>>
>>61861569
bullshit
MBTI is complete hocus pocus junk science that's based on the extremely spurious work of two women with literally no psychological education who completely misunderstood Jung.
Not only is MBTI junk, there has been found to be no correlation between music taste and MBTI personality type.
>>
>>61858544
Post it anonymously.
>>
I'm too depressed, I listen to lots of music but forget most of them, I keep downloading albums, cataloging shit, and I don't know why I keep doing it anymore.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.