[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw this album made you do a 180 and you are now afraid to die.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

File: Blackstar_album_cover.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Blackstar_album_cover.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
tfw this album made you do a 180 and you are now afraid to die.
T-thanks Bowie. ;-;
>>
how so
>>
>>61856521
Never thought I'd care about death, I didn't care about not existing before I was born, so why should I care about not existing after. But hearing it from a first person experience of all he's leaving behind makes me terrified.
>>
>>61856576
i thought i was the only one. this is the first time ive been super existential since like 2012
>>
>>61856946
I think it made me realise that by the time I got there, and I knew it was coming, I'd accept it.

Or i'd be freaking the fuck out but I'll die anyway
>>
This is a great album!
>>
>>61856576
I think about death too much and am a sort of hypochondriac

I am gonna go on prescribed SSRIs soon. Hopefully these ones work
>>
i think about dying when i'm at work. seems pretty appropriate
>>
I felt like shit reading up what he was doing by my age (24). I feel like my life is a waste since I have no talent for anything.

At the very least I'm gonna make sure to listen/read as much as possible. Even if I have nothing to offer the world creatively I can still appreciate what others have left behind.
>>
>>61857950
yup. same
>>
>>61856508
>tfw this album made you do a 180

no you idiot it's a 360
>>
This is satanic stuff, I'm sorry for you.
>>
>>61858031
but then you are still facing death.
always.
>>
>>61858008
Yeah, unfortunately the creative peak of an artist is at 20-27.

Another depressing fact: if you are over 25, you lived half of your conscious life already. The rest will seem shorter due to the fact that it's just a cycle being repeated.
>>
>>61858047
No doing a 360 would mean you turned around and walked away from death
>>
I can't stop thinking about how many people felt sad for Bowie but when I die it's going to be less than you can count with your fingers that mourn my loss.
>>
>>61858079
you're still gonna die at some point
>>
>>61858125
not if I turn a 360 and walk away from it
>>
hell be fine though
>>
>>61858111
get out there and meet some people who will mourn you, you worthless sack of pathetic dogshit

you fat fucking greasy-faced, pimpled-pocked beta loser

it's your life. go live it.
>>
It didnt do that but it did give me an existential crisis in terms of what am I doing with my life and how I can create a lasting image of myself.
>>
>>61858561
>how I can create a lasting image of myself.
thats nothing to worry about, because eventually everyone in the world will be forgotten, no matter how iconic they were or what their accomplishments were.
>>
>>61859120
True enough. It was more just a response to the fact I admired how Bowie handled his death compared to most people. And it made me wonder if I could do something like that if I knew my time was up.
>>
>glenn frey just died
>people still talking about bowie

Bowie's songs are gimmicky and get old after 2 listens. The guy belongs in the trash
>>
File: giphy.gif (48KB, 219x308px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
48KB, 219x308px
>>61856508
I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid I'll waste the rest of the time I've got.
>>
>>61859285
>Glenn Fry
literally and figuratively who
>>
No such thing as talent guys.

You have to work your ass off.

Stop whining. Start doing.
>>
>>61859356
Kill yourself if you're telling me you haven't heard Hotel California.
>>
>>61859456
Not him, but you know what, I haven't, in it's entirety but I still know who the eagles are.
>>
>>61859486
t︂b︂︂h f︂︂a︂m i'm just butthurt since i went to their last concert.
>>
>>61859456
>Hotel California
nice rip-off of jethro tull song
The Eagles are the epitome of overrated garbage
>>
Man I am 43 years old. My favourite music when i was a little kid in the 70s was Bowie, Eagles and KISS. I'm feeling kinda glum right about now. :'<
>>
File: frey dreams.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
frey dreams.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
>>61859296
>>
>>61856508
Wait a moment is it supposed to be
;-; or ;_;
>>
>>61857947
If your first SSRI doesn't work out, try Wellbutrin. If you have trouble focusing, or you have low energy, it will help.
>>
>>61860507
;__; is meme sad while ;-; is underage weeb sad
doesnt matter which u pick you´re still a loser =)
>>
some faggots in my town changed a street sign to say "david bowie st." and now people are unironically petitioning to keep the vandalism

god i hate plebs
>>
>>61857947
I have an appointment with a psychiatrist for medically induced anxiety stemming from a chronic health issue of mine. What are they likely to prescribe? I think about death every waking moment.
>>
>>61860675
Hello Austin friend :^)
>>
>>61860771
zoloft
klonopin / ativan / xanax
any atypical antipsychotic ever (optional)
>>
>>61860771
First of all, if this "psychiatrist" peddles vitamins from his practice, get out, and tell the doctor to go fuck himself and that he's a quack before you leave. Second, they'll probably try you out on Prozac or Lexapro, and they'll probably give you something for long-term anxiety, like amitriptyline or hydroxyzine, so you can sleep at night.
>>
>>61860675
There's a petition to change a street in Glasgow from Duke street to Thin white duke street. Thankfully most people are saying no to it from what I remember
>>
>>61858078
Kandinksy started at 30 tho, yr bullsthitting
>>
>>61860812
>>61860791
This worries me though. I don't want to be reliant on drugs for the rest of my life. Though I've never been on anything, anxiety feels like a leaky life boat. I put one foot over a leak and think I've solved my anxiety problem and another cause rears its ugly head. My therapist said I have GAD?
>>
>>61861003
Yes, you probably do. It's okay though, psychiatric medications are rather light drugs in terms of effects. You have to take them for a week or two before you start to feel it. They don't make you feel 'drugged'. You feel the same as you always felt, just better, in a good way. Sometimes you might have trouble getting it up, but not usually. When you find the right medication, and you will probably need to try different ones, the sick, anxious feelings will melt away. It's a good feeling when you find something that really works for you.
>>
>>61861003
i'd suggest asking for ativan, it's a short term (4 hour) anti anxiety medication and it's harder to build up a resistance / addiction to it

klonopin made me shaky, the withdrawal was awful and after a few months it just didn't do anything positive of note
>>
>>61861074
Thanks anon. Going back to my lifeboat analogy, I feel fine right now because my medical condition is under control. I always end up "feeling better" without seeing someone or taking drugs, but the anxiety always return in some way or another. It's always been like that. Will they prescribe me drugs even if I'm not overly anxious at the moment?
>>
>>61858078
Basically, this >>61860937
No excuses.
>>
>>61860937
I think he started earlier. Wasn't there a poet who started in his 40s?
>>
>>61861147
The point is prevention, so you don't have anxiety attacks or similar episodes anymore. I haven't had an anxiety attack since I started my meds, which was about a week ago. I feel so much better, and I even have dreams again, or at least I can remember them again. If dreamless, restless sleep has been an issue, ask for something to take before bed too. Good sleep is the most important thing for your mental health. Restless sleep, that doesn't actually replenish your energy, is nasty for both depression and anxiety. Your brain has all of these thoughts, but they're still all out of order and sleeping isn't fixing them, so it leaves you with a lot of noise in your head. Sleeping is essentially defragging your brain.
>>
>>61861305
At last, some sense. You speak the truth.
>>
>>61858078
just remember bro Morgan Freeman wasn't successful until he was like mid 40's early 50's

success is subjective, being famous isn't the be all and end all of success. finding someone you love, raising a child you love, doing a job you love; just spending time doing things you love, no matter how short, will always be worth it.

when you're on this earth just gotta sake the Ws before the big final L.

meanwhile if you want a true existential crisis, watch the ending of 2001: A Space Odyssey high and think about how it's like slipping away from conciousness in life. it's terrifying yet beautiful. life.
>>
>>61858111
you shouldn't pity those who die bro, you should pity those who live life without love

i believe in you mang, just have faith :)
>>
>tfw gay
>bf and I each only have 1 sibling
>they're nowhere near having kids either

It's going to be lonely in my old age.
>>
>>61858078
>Yeah, unfortunately the creative peak of an artist is at 20-27.
Do people actually believe this? The reason that creative peak goes down with age is more to do with a growing lack of ambition and being comfortable with your work, which is hardly universally applicable.

Look at Swans for example. Gira is in his 60s and is releasing some of his best material.
>>
>>61861972
This. Senpai did y'all know Alan Rickman didn't start taking acting classes until his late 20s? He had a cozy profession as a graphic designer set up for him and after a few years said fuck it, I want to follow my dream.
>>
>>61859285
The Eagles fucking suck. They never made anything that comes close to "Heroes", Low, Station to Station, Lodger, Scary Monsters, Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust, Aladdin Sane, Diamond Dogs, The Man Who Sold the World, Outside or Blackstar.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.