[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you agree with Stereogum writer Chris DeVille that Kanye West

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: a1.png (663KB, 654x1037px) Image search: [Google]
a1.png
663KB, 654x1037px
Do you agree with Stereogum writer Chris DeVille that Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar are "two of America’s greatest black artists"?
>>
>>61842174
Yes

Also pls no bully Stereogum, they are the best music website
>>
>>61842208
>they are the best music website
they are completely pr-driven and are shells of a people who target a specific demographic with their writing. i don't know how you could possibly support a "publication" so obviously pandering to trends and pr label cash.
>>
>>61842241
not defending stereogum, but are there any music sites that aren't completely PR-driven?
>>
>>61842373
scaruffi.com
he's an elitist pleb though
>>
>>61842373
>>
>>61842373
TinyMixTapes
The Quietus
The Wire
Decoder
>>
>>61842174
Yeah. I'd agree.
>>
>>61842241
They are at least better about it than P4K and CoS and less meme-oriented than AV Club

>>61842388
Scaruffi needs to kill hiself
>>
>>61842405
>TinyMixTapes

really? i've always put them on the same level as stereogum desu but what do i know
>>
>>61842425
how is that even possible? TMT never pander to trends like SG does and they always go outside the box with their type of coverage.
>>
>>61842405
>TinyMixTapes
Fagtano level meme

>The Wire
>Decoder
Fader lite

>The Quietus
Literally who
>>
>>61842453
dude thats your opinion that you dislike them BUT THEY ARE NOT PR-DRIVEN LIKE STEREOGUM OR P4K IS
>>
>>61842442
>outside the box with their type of coverage

now i haven't really gone on tinymixtapes in awhile, but this isn't necessarily a good thing. i mean p4k had an article recently that covered black metal yoga which is outside the box but that doesn't mean much
>>
>>61842478
Yes, they are decidedly anti-"cool" which makes them as worse.

At least CoS manages to find and illustrate gems in the current counter-cultural scene.

Being anti-hipster for the sake of it is even worse than whatever the fuck "PR driven" is.
>>
>>61842506
please don't compare them to p4k. TMT are not pr-driven, their writers HATE places like SG and p4k.

just visit those places i listed instead dude
>>
>>61842537
pr driven means that they're bought out. their coverage isn't honest. they aren't reviewing the music like they should.

don't support CoS either, as they're guilty of this as well.

anyways thats your opinion on what you think of them, that shouldn't mean everyone else shouldn't visit those places just because you don't like them lol.
>>
Marcel would NEVER stand for these corporate PR-driven music websites and their unethical reviews.

Is he our only last pure hope bros?
>>
File: tumblr_nmu9f77zQm1u5bakpo1_400.jpg (19KB, 400x161px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmu9f77zQm1u5bakpo1_400.jpg
19KB, 400x161px
>two of America’s greatest black artists

Not Hannibal Burress and Obama
>>
>>61842588
fuck of marcel
>>
>>61842598
you are dumb
>>
>>61842541
i'm not comparing them to p4k, but just saying "outside the box" coverage is incredibly vague. i don't even visit p4k but a friend who is a black metalhead reposted it on fb

i'll browse tmt next time i'm bored and looking for articles and keep it in mind. all i remember is one of their writers being a fuccboi on lastfm but that was 2010 so
>>
>>61842565
>their coverage isn't honest. they aren't reviewing the music like they should.
What's the evidence for this? Did they give a positive review to a trendy album that pissed you off?

This is, hands down, the most retarded criticism of a website I've seen.

>anyways thats your opinion on what you think of them, that shouldn't mean everyone else shouldn't visit those places just because you don't like them lol.

1. Same goes for you friendo
2. I didn't say no one should visit them. I said they aren't any "better" than Stereogum because they deliberate refuse to cover trendy bands in the pseudo-underground scene
>>
>>61842639
them being pr-driven isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

you obviously know nothing of music journalism. please leave.
>>
>>61842693
Kill yourself
>>
>>61842732
rude

you obviously know nothing of music journalism. please leave.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.