[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What doew /mu/ think of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Daniel_Johnston-Hi_How_Are_You.jpg (26KB, 220x340px) Image search: [Google]
Daniel_Johnston-Hi_How_Are_You.jpg
26KB, 220x340px
What doew /mu/ think of this?
>>
I've seen the documentary and thought Daniel was so interesting, but I can't get into his music. I can see the appeal, but it just hasn't clicked with me.
>>
>>61834934
Daniel Johnston is great, he was my gateway drug to outsider music.
>>
I think the guy's a genius.
>>
Some of the songs on it are cool, and there's obviously SOMETHING hiding there (I like the little medley at the end), but there's proper shite on there too, and if anyone else had released it, it would be laughed at.

Vastly overhyped, but "Walking the Cow" inspired me to buy a chord organ
>>
>>61835689
>Vastly overhyped, but "Walking the Cow" inspired me to buy a chord organ
this song is about fucking a slut

y/n?

think about it

replace cow with slut
>>
>>61835771
I don't think Daniel would write a song about that, he had the whole religion thing going. I think its just meant to be an abstract song in the style of the beatles
>>
>>61834934
I saw this album cover for years and always assumed it was "unfinished" because he killed himself. Just found out a few weeks ago he was still alive
>>
>>61835801
You do know he's a total horn dog though right? cigarettes for a poor girl? and all his comic book shit aint just captain america
>>
I gave him a painting in exchange for his autograph.

I like him, but I can't listen forever. His newer stuff is a little disappointing.

He really loves taco bell and plays a travel guitar that is mic'd
>>
>>61835832
Yeah he was a horny bastard, but at this time he was obsessed with that one girl from his college, that he sings about more in his christmas album
>>
>>61835838
>He really loves taco bell
he loves all mexican food

so much in fact that he wont even wait for a frozen burrito to defrost before he tries to eat it

true story
>>
>>61835846
yeah I'm really not all that familiar with him. I should probably try to ask him sometime. I've been wondering about that song for a very long time.
>>
The cover album really clues you into how genius his music is when it's played by talented musicians. Dream scream cover by Death Cab destroys me.
>>
it's pretty great and a good entry point to his music and shows a lot of his range and experimental tendencies, but Songs of Pain, Merry Christmas and especially 1990 are better albums.
>>
Hi, How Are You and Songs of Pain are the only 2 albums I like by him. There are a few good songs scattered throughout his other recordings though, like Speeding Motorcycle, Go, True Love Will Find You in the End, and Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Your Grievances.
>>
>>61836049
I actually prefer listening to himself play his own music. It becomes really generic sounding whenever other people play his music, whether it's a cover or his backup band. No one else plays Dan's music quite like Dan does.
>>
>>61835771
nah man, the thing is cows don't need to be walked, walking a cow is a pointless thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCbca_QFsHM

this is Dan high on lsd and schizophrenia, watch the first minute
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iY69rgdleg

I love this track
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.