[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

literally /mu/: the show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: Portlandia_title_card.png (210KB, 634x247px) Image search: [Google]
Portlandia_title_card.png
210KB, 634x247px
literally /mu/: the show
>>
I like Portlandia but /mu/ will probably shit it on it for being hipster garbage.
>>
it's pretty good desu
>>
>>61824252
isn't it a satire?
>>
not even close to how /mu/ acts
I bet you can't even prove how it's /mu/ the show
>>
>>61824145
just because one of the main actors is a well known musician? Very few of the skits are about music.

bart skampson is pretty classic though
>>
>>61824283
It's satire about hipsters made by hipsters, yes.
>>
portlandia is probably the most inconsistent show ever. it often goes from hilarious to excruciatingly unfunny multiple times within a single episode.
>>
yeah the people who the show make fun of are the type of people who post here
>>
>>61824295
>Very few of the skits are about music.

Yeah true but the ones that are remind me so much of /mu/ (or at least /mu/ 2009-2013) that it kind of bleeds over into the other skits
>>
oregonfag, an hour from portland

its accurate as hell

anything you hate about it is something you would hate about portland itself
>>
Maybe /mu/ four years ago.
>>
>>61824397
Portlander here, can mostly confirm
>>
>>61824145
>no
>>
>>61824319
The hipster loves the idea of the meta.
>>
>>61824397
>>61824419

That's bizarre, I thought it was all incredibly exaggerated. So many of the skits seem like intense parodies of people I know here from Brooklyn/Bronx
>>
>>61824419
Today i learned Abelian is a filthy IRL hipster, the worst kind of hipster
>>
>>61824472

some scenes are exaggerated, but anything that seems more cringe than humor is what i specifically find funnier because its usually so damn true.

i.e. the guy who builds a recording studio in his basement & fervently preaches how legitimate it is

or the cycle of normie sees hipster - normie copies hipster - hipster picks up new habits when he sees the normie copying him - hipster becomes normie

you can almost buy those types of people from gum ball machines

they basically ARE parodies of the people you know

so do with that knowledge what you will, but if youre ever in the state, come to the coast, its the most feels shoreline in the states
>>
>>61824319
>made by hipsters
not really.
>>
>>61824753
Fred and Carrie have been hipsters since the 90's.
>>
This show ruined my once okay city. Trendy as shit. I miss the real weird portland not the fucking $1,200 a month rent $20 dinner trendy garbage theyve turned it into.
>>
>>61824953

greater mcminnville area man

im an hour from the coast, an hour fifteen from your town, seabreeze every summer, low rent, nice cops

come on man you dont need the city
>>
>>61824753
Fred and Carrie are proto-hipsters. Close enough
>>
>>61824953
Portland became that before Portlandia.
>>
>>61824472
I've met all of these people in Omaha. The show is dead on with its parodies.
>>
I was subjected to 2 episodes of this dreck and despised it. I felt like I was watching a barrage of awful SNL skits.
>>
>>61824319
This explains it. I love the show.
>>
>>61824295
They talk about Neu in this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0jCA_q5Zws
>>
>>61825436 see >>61825413

the cringey parts are funny if you live there, because of how true they are
>>
>>61824953
the whole "keep portland weird" shit was fake from the beginning, they want to be austin so hard. they even stole their slogan and the nude cyclists from austin. get your own culture you forestniggers
>>
>>61825542
It's such a lazy and blatant ripoff, I can't believe that a town of hipsters would be ok with that level of unoriginality.
>>
>>61824953
i like living in portland
>>
>>61825487
>fucking Isaac Brock donating records
The best part of the whole skit
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.