[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Ladytron?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: ladytron.jpg (19KB, 299x237px) Image search: [Google]
ladytron.jpg
19KB, 299x237px
What does /mu/ think of Ladytron?
>>
I opened yesterday a thread about this band. Just wondering: did you post on it?
>>
Who the fuck is Ladytron?
>>
>female ''musicians''

hahHAHAHAHHahahahHAHAHaHhhaha
woooow
>>
>>61811951
The best electropop band. Snippets from most of their singles in just 2 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOrkEPv-TWs

Check this video.
>>
File: marnie.jpg (50KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
marnie.jpg
50KB, 480x480px
Anyone excited about the forthcoming Marnie album?
>>
This is actually pissing me off now nobody cares about this shitty band
>>
>>61813943
>never listened to them
>calls them shitty band
I'm glad that this is pissing you off. I really do.
>>
>>61811633
I think they destroy everything they touch.

They also remind me of Shinny Toy Guns.
>>
>>61814088
I can see the similarity. STG are a bit more of guitar band though.
>>
that one song is good
Seventeen
>>
>>61814140
Only one? They have a lot of great songs.
>>
I think their music's boring and derivative. I'd love to fuck Mira, though.
>>
>>61814171
Wrong. Derivative of what?
>>
This is a really good song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSb_q4Cx1lg
>>
File: Ladytron-Velocifero.jpg (90KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ladytron-Velocifero.jpg
90KB, 300x300px
>>61811633
Said it in yesterday's thread but Velocifero is probably my favorite Ladytron album now. Really compelling work.

Also, why are people pissed by this? It's certainly no worse than the dozens of fap folders-dumping threads about Grimes and Chvrches' singer. I guess a daily /synthpop/ thread would solve that out but there just isn't enough fans of the genre on /mu/ to do that.
>>
>>61813600
why is she so cute bros?

>tfw browsing her instagram compulsively for the first time
>>
>>61814088
>I think they destroy everything they touch.
is this a pun?
>>
File: Helen.jpg (88KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Helen.jpg
88KB, 768x1024px
>>61815510
No one knows
>>
>>61815477
I like this idea of a daily /synthpop/ thread (or at least 3-4 times a week). Are enough people interested in synthpop there?
>>
>>61815643
Been a fan of the genre for a few years now, would definitely be down for it. Not sure if there'd be enough people though, but who knows.
>>
>>61815643
You bet! :D
>>
>>61815748
I like a lot of synthpop/electropop bands (old and new), so a thread like that would be great. It could be similar to those /shugazi/ threads (now dead it seems).
>>
>>61815823
Yeah, I started with the classic stuff (OMD, Depeche, New Order, PSB), but there's plenty of good to be found nowadays. Going to see TR/ST next month and I'm pretty psyched. Both of his albums were amazing to me and I hope he's good live.
>>
>>61816004
The classic stuff still sounds great. By the way PSB will most likely release a new album soon. Their latest one (Electric) was brilliant.

As for the newer stuff, I like Ladytron (obviously), Goldfrapp, M83, Hot Chip, Chromatics, Crystal Castles, iamamiwhoami, Grimes, La Roux, Chvrches, Class Actress, Perturbator, Polica, The Knife, Fever Ray, Cut Copy, Shiny Toy Guns, Computer Magic, Miss Kittin, Zola Jesus, Xeno & Oaklander, Soft Metals, John Maus, Todd Terje, Purity Ring, Chairlift, etc. There's a lot of great synthpop.
>>
>>61816169
Ahh, you definitely listen to a lot more bands than me. Some of these names don't ring a bell so I'll have some digging to do. Synthpop was more or less a gateway into bleeps for me so perhaps that explains why I'll always have a soft spot for it.

OMD probably have my all time favorites tunes of the genre (Maid Of Orleans, Romance Of The Telescope, etc.). As for the 2000's and onwards Ladytron are a serious contender for best band spot, if only they can release a great album this year I'll be happy.

Also yes, I found Electric incredibly good seeing as Neil Tennant is now in his sixties. They've come a long way since West End Girls.
>>
>>61816400
>Ahh, you definitely listen to a lot more bands than me. Some of these names don't ring a bell so I'll have some digging to do.
Check all these bands that don't ring a bell, they all made some interesting music. I think you will like them.

>Synthpop was more or less a gateway into bleeps for me so perhaps that explains why I'll always have a soft spot for it.
Same. Synthpop is of course more accessible than most electronic music, so it's a very good gateway to this music category.

>OMD probably have my all time favorites tunes of the genre (Maid Of Orleans, Romance Of The Telescope, etc.).
Yes, OMD made a lot of great songs. Messages, Electricity, Enola Gay, Souvenir, She's Leaving, they all have brilliant melodies. Also I really liked their most recent album, English Electric.

>As for the 2000's and onwards Ladytron are a serious contender for best band spot, if only they can release a great album this year I'll be happy.
Agree. Hopefully they will release yet another great album like they usually do.

>Also yes, I found Electric incredibly good seeing as Neil Tennant is now in his sixties. They've come a long way since West End Girls.
Very few bands this old sound so energetic and alive like PSB.
>>
>>61816628
>Also I really liked their most recent album, English Electric.
Yep, solid stuff, was not disappointed. I have to say though, they will probably never top their best songs which always gets me a little melancholic since Andy and Paul were in their early twenties when they made them. They peaked so early.

>Very few bands this old sound so energetic and alive like PSB.
Love Is A Bourgeois Construct was insta best-of-material for me.
>tfw they still had a song like that in them

>Check all these bands that don't ring a bell, they all made some interesting music. I think you will like them.
I'm reading your list again and realize that I really gotta re-listen to that John Maus album. I remember being really impressed by it but I just kind of forgot it in my backlog.
>>
File: 1410177627348.jpg (40KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
1410177627348.jpg
40KB, 599x600px
>ladytron
>2 dudes in band
>>
>>61817005
>alice cooper
>queen
>thin lizzy
>the jesus and mary chain
>only dudes

Ladytron were named after a Roxy Music song. Also their name makes sense: Lady (female vocals) + Tron (electronic music). Or Lady (female members) + Tron (male members).
>>
>>61811920
Yes. And I opened another one today before you had a chance to.

Also, fuck you. Faggot.
>>
>>61811633
Love 'em. They sound a lot like Siouxiesioux to me....
>>
>>61817384
Your plan misfired faggot. There are people that like their music. You suck.
>>
File: ladytron.jpg (39KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
ladytron.jpg
39KB, 700x467px
>>61817689
Good point. They have some post-punk influences in their music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ_WXoeRXJg
>>
>>61811990
I want r9k's Cheetos-encrusted ass to leave.
>>
>>61821836
Leave it then, asshole.
>>
>>61817865
Your life misfired, faggot. Your mother should have aborted your sorry ass when she had the chance.
>>
>>61822746
gtfo disgusting faggot.
>>
File: 1312949243299.jpg (22KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1312949243299.jpg
22KB, 420x420px
>>61823249
>>
>>61823362
>you
>>
goodnight, OP. See you tomorrow.
>>
>>61825679
The OP is a moron though. Is this dumbass: >>61817384
>>
>>61823996
>>61825802
eat shit and die you fucking pukes
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.