[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this man not deaf yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: gira.jpg (39KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
gira.jpg
39KB, 640x425px
How is this man not deaf yet?
>>
>over 60
>still playing shows regularly
hell be fine
>>
Because Swans isn't really that loud. It's not like in the old days of rock where bands would often play stadiums with just their backline (no PA), the volume element in any new rock band is greatly exaggerated.

I've been to Dominican music concerts that are twice as loud as when I saw Swans.
>>
>>61810233
he is only 61, 8 years left so atleast 2 of 3 more albums I hope
>>
>>61810256
No they take a break for quite some time again after their upcoming 2016 album
>>
>>61810212
I vaguely remember an interview saying he was pretty much deaf.
>>
>>61810284
But more solo albums though
>>
>>61810288
if you dont provide source its bullshit, afaik they always ask him how he deals with the loudness and he says he never had to use plugs because it doesnt affect him... bandmates do have plugs though
>>
>>61810306
thats pretty cool, im sure his hearing has sufferd somewhat though
>>
>>61810315
>>61810306
>>61810306
I do remember one where he says he basically can't hear the bass player while playing live.
>>
>>61810364
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sdOvQjtUrg

In this video right? he also says he can't hear himself on stage.
>>
>>61810364
I wouldn't want to hear his shitty music either
>>
>>61810377
>>61810364
that may have more to do with the monitors not dealing with the returning loud sound blasted at the audience
>>
>>61810377
Not sure, though I have seen that before. but I remember it being in a text interview, could've been said in both.
>>
He also said he practically can't hear after a tour. His hearing almost returns fully after a few weeks though. He's the only one on the band that doesn't wear earplugs. Feels like cheating he says. Just stupidity if you ask me.
>>
>>61810377
I always thought he'd have a really deep gravelly voice with a southern accent
>>
>>61810242
>see swans
>stand directly in front of Gira
>wearing earplugs, show is literally the loudest sound I've ever heard
>vibrations of the music are so strong that I'm physically exhausted after the show
>look in bathroom mirror after show, my face is so pale and my eyes are so bloodshot that I look like a zombie
No wonder Thor kept giving me weird looks

Also, in case anyone was wondering, Gira doesn't give a shit if people in the audience wear earplugs. /mu/ made me paranoid because I kept seeing stories on here about how he'd stop and make fun of people wearing them, but I was standing right in front of him and he didn't say anything about it.
>>
>>61810473
You get used to it once you expose yourself for awhile
I stood in the front both times I went, it's so much more entrancing and overwhelming when you do it without earplugs but if you do it with it's not bad by any means.
>>
>>61810473
I've seen him in paris last years, it was really transcendental...
During the show, Gira stopped playing when a drunk man in the crowd started a pogo.
he was really annoyed, don't know why.
>>
>>61810395
Lol no its just terrible mixing / can't reproduce that sound live. Garbage
>>
Loud shows without ear plugs and constantly blasting my music gave me tinnitus :/

I have 3 concerts lined up in the next few months, one next week. I need to invest in a decent pair I can reuse. Any suggestions?
>>
File: Unifit-boxes-600px.jpg (41KB, 600x438px) Image search: [Google]
Unifit-boxes-600px.jpg
41KB, 600x438px
>>61810655

I get them in boxes like this and use them for going to shows, using power tools and riding my motorbike and they do fine for all three.
>>
>>61810212
>implying he's not
How else do you explain his "music"
>>
>>61810733
Doesn't ruin concert sound at all?
>>
>>61810739
What is it that people don't like about swans?
>>
>>61810765
mostly just the compositions and technique

other than that its really fine
>>
>>61810773
well the compositions are huge part of the appeal of current swans
>>
>>61810762
Nah, I've yet to go to a smaller indoor show where the sound is so good that it matters.

Sure, you can get super expensive fitted musician's plugs if you want super flat attenuation, but foam diposables are fine for rock shows.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.