[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you only listen to unknown hipster music with weird album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1452560375095.jpg (153KB, 769x942px) Image search: [Google]
1452560375095.jpg
153KB, 769x942px
Do you only listen to unknown hipster music with weird album art?

Do you go through phases where you dress and listen to different music. Like 1970s british punk phase, 90's rap phase, jazz phase, etc.

Do you just listen to everything? Modern rap, old school rap, funk, jazz, classical, top 40, 90s grunge, metal, punk, rock, ska, reggae, foreign, war music, vaudeville music, country, etc.

Do you ever come into problems with people you know in real life that hate other genres?

Friends that like rap and think country sucks

Friends that like country and hate rap.

What genres do you hate?

Do you make your own music. What kind?

Do you think genres like noise are not music?
>>
>Do you only listen to unknown hipster music with weird album art?
No, but sometimes I'll buy/listen to an album because of the album art
>Do you go through phases where you dress and listen to different music. Like 1970s british punk phase, 90's rap phase, jazz phase, etc.
No. I dress like a slob no matter what I listen to. But when I had my death grips phase I dressed in all black, embarrassingly enough.
>Do you just listen to everything? Modern rap, old school rap, funk, jazz, classical, top 40, 90s grunge, metal, punk, rock, ska, reggae, foreign, war music, vaudeville music, country, etc.
I try to listen to as much as I can
>Do you ever come into problems with people you know in real life that hate other genres?
I don't talk to anyone about music except for my dad

What genres do you hate?
None. I strongly dislike a lot of 'classic rock' and Top 40 pop though.

>Do you make your own music. What kind?
Ambient Folk I guess.
>Do you think genres like noise are not music?
no
>>
>>61808389
I like weird album art but really I don't care how unknown, contrarian, or popular an album is
>Do you go through phases where you dress and listen to different music. Like 1970s british punk phase, 90's rap phase, jazz phase, etc.
I have a drawer full of band tees I'll never wear again so probably
>Do you just listen to everything? Modern rap, old school rap, funk, jazz, classical, top 40, 90s grunge, metal, punk, rock, ska, reggae, foreign, war music, vaudeville music, country, etc.
I try to listen to as much as possible but it's mostly limited to metal, punk, post-rock, and classic hip-hop/funk/etc
>Do you ever come into problems with people you know in real life that hate other genres?
Most normies aren't into music enough to know what I mean when I say I listen to drone metal or noisecore so they don't care. Sure I meet people who have their preferences and dislikes but I keep to myself if I disagree with them so I don't look like an sperg
>What genres do you hate?
I like to believe all genres have good and bad qualities but I've never heard any non-ambient electronic music that interested me
Nope because I don't have friends with similar interest in music
Brutal/Death/Grindcore is NOT music!
>>
no that would be idiotic
see above answer.
not everything, but I do not discriminate music based on genre.
No because I don't talk about the weird noise music I listen to with most people
>Friends that like rap and think country sucks
why would I care
>Friends that like country and hate rap.
See above
None
Yea. In my band I make fairly standard catchy dream pop and garage rock stuff. Alone I make shoegaze/rock with heavy electronics, tribal instrumentation, and prevalent use of musique concrete, but I don't feel comfortable sharing that side of me.
no that's ridiculous

>>61808435
>>61808544
You guys are ok by me
>>
>>61808389
I barely pay attention to album art in the first place but, when I do, it's not for that reason.
No.
Not actively but I'll give anything at least one shot.
I'm pretty sure my stepmother thinks I'm going to kill someone because I like metal. But she's insane so it only half-counts.
I have some.
I don't think a single friend of mine likes any country.
The closest I've come to hating a genre is stuff like hardstyle. Even then it's just mild annoyance.
I have ideas, nothing more.
No.
>>
>no, I'm even into Madonna and shit
>nope, I dress how I like no matter what I'm into, and if that ain't effay I don't know what is
>I try
>not really it may irk me a bit but never actually got mad
>none, maybe whatever you would call what ACDC and Guns N Roses play
>no, I need to apply myself
>no, noise and stuff is nice
>>
1. No, most of the stuff I've listened to so far has been pretty well known, and most of the obscure stuff was stuff that people on /mu/ recommend or something on RYM with less than 20 ratings.

2. No, I don't dress to match the different types of music I'm listening to at a time. I pretty much wear the same black jacket and jeans practically everyday.

3. I try to listen to as much as I can. I've only barely started listening to music only 9 months ago and it's been really fun so far.

4. Of course, most people I know just listen to one or two genres and that's it, so when I try talking to them about anything else they usually aren't interested or don't bother.

5. Most people I know, except for one guy.

6. That one guy mentioned above likes country, but he likes rap too.

7. I can't really say I hate any genre, but if I had to choose a genre I can't find myself enjoying most of the time, it'd be shoegaze.

8. I write songs and compose rock songs that I plan on releasing sometime in the next 8 years. That may seem like a long time from now, but it's all according to my plan.

9. I'm pretty flexible on what can be considered music. I feel that music shouldn't be restricted to just music with structure because I feel that causes music to stagnate and prevents it from evolving.
>>
No
No
No
No
Probably
Yes
Boring music
I just uploaded this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_mrBXgMhnc
No
>>
I don't tend to, but I've picked up a lot of cool shit because of album art and I've blind-bought some stuff that has been pretty good.

I've definitely gone through musical phases, but I've never dressed particularly differently - I've always been a "wear what's comfortable" kinda girl.

I'll definitely give anything a shot, there's always a redeemable album or two even in genres I tend to despise (and I don't outright hate a lot of genres).

I mean, I have a few friends that hate hip-hop but to be honest a lot of my friends are normies so they just listen to whatever's on the radio. Nobody tends to listen to country round here, though.

I don't know, I've fallen out of love with house music in a major way, and any kind of melodic/symphonic metal tends to make me cringe.

I make shitty plunderphonic/field-recording based drone at http://distantsupergiant.bandcamp.com

Fuck no.
>>
>>61808597
>musique concrete
good
>>
>>61808389
no
no
no but a good variety depending on how im feeling
no
dont hate any genre
dont make music
noise is music
>>
>>61808389
>hipster album weird art
no but I think album art is very important part of the album as a whole
>dress and listen
I kinda do when I discover something new but I always dress the same(ie. girly)
>Everything
of course I don't. I am noisehead. If something ain't tiny bit noisy, I won't touch it. I am aware that this limits my listening experience but I don't care.
>people who hate genres
No, I don't talk to people about music
>Genres you hate
Digital noise with ironic album art from people who think making noise is easy.(of course posted on bandcamp)
>Do you make musick?
I do walls. Walls, sometimes I play mathrock but walls are just better.
>noise not music
here we go. Depends. Buzz Saw has beautiful calming sound. But without intention to create music using that saw is just noise.
>>
>>61808389
>everything
>Modern rap, old school rap
>funk
>jazz
>classical
>top 40, 90s grunge, metal, punk, rock
>ska, reggae, foreign
>war music?
>vaudeville music
>country
>>
>>61808389
not really, no. All the music I listen to is fairly known(to a certain extent)
no
no
the other way around. Everyone I know like pretty much only rap and some party bangers and nothing else
probably
no
none really, but there are genres I don't ever imagine myself liking
kind of, I write songs for myself as some kind of output. I don't know what genre it is, probably shit
they are but I don't see the appeal of them
>>
>>61809664
>but I always dress the same(ie. girly)
pls be a cute boy
>>
>>61808435
do you have a bandcamp or anything? you seem cool i like ambient folk
>>
>>61809741
silly, girls rarely post on imageboards which ain't d or soc. also, fuck you.
>>
>>61808389
Nope.
Do you go through phases where you dress and listen to different music. Like 1970s british punk phase, 90's rap phase, jazz phase, etc.
Never really done that, always seemed strange and cultish to me.
Do you just listen to everything? Modern rap, old school rap, funk, jazz, classical, top 40, 90s grunge, metal, punk, rock, ska, reggae, foreign, war music, vaudeville music, country, etc.
I give every genre a chance, I wouldn't say I listen to everything though, my taste isn't that broad.
Do you ever come into problems with people you know in real life that hate other genres?
Yeah, sometimes. But they don't really berate me over it or anything.
What genres do you hate?
The only thing I think I unilaterally hate is krunkcore.
Do you make your own music. What kind?
No, but I'm working on that.
Do you think genres like noise are not music?
I think it's music, boring, irritating, masturbatory music. Save for a few exceptions.
>>
no, i listen to music that I like, album art is why I choose to try an album out a lot of the time though
my music taste has never affected my dress, but I do have phases with different genres
yeah I try to explore everything, i tend to be a little contrarian towards top 40 though
wouldn't call them problems but if someone shits on an entire genre then I'll usually point out the albums I think are most worthwhile from it
no friends
no friends
if I can specify "radio" then radio country
but I try not to make any blanket statements about any genre
no, have considered it but doubt I could really make anything worthwhile and don't have the drive
worrying about if something is or isn't music is a waste of time, to me it is
I think a lot of people put pulse demon on for 30 seconds and form their opinion of noise off of that
>>
File: zop_1.jpg (29KB, 353x349px) Image search: [Google]
zop_1.jpg
29KB, 353x349px
No, most of what I listen to could be classed as "Popular" music by defenition, aside from the drone, ambient, noise and onkyo stuff. Some stuff I like isn't well known but hipster is never a phrase I use or think of
I have music phases, but I always dress the same (jeans, band tee, jumper) but I'm thinking of trying to dress up more idk. I'm in less of a phasey-mood recently, I've just been listening to whatever I want to.
I do my best to listen to everything. I generally find that I enjoy music which has artistic effort in it. If someone has put their soul into something I'll like it.
I get annoyed when people systematically rule out other genres, and I cringe to think about 14 year old me that constantly shit-talked anything without guitars and a 4/4 beat.
None really. I don't really like jpop or commercial pop, but there are always exceptions.
Most of the stuff I make is either post-rocky shoegaze or dancey afrobeat stuff. Would be interesting to blend the two
https://soundcloud.com/selfvalidation/third-draft
Would appreciate feedback on this, its a little outdated (I'm working on the final draft) but the main section and feel is the same.
No, music has been extended to audio art and noise is just that.
>>
>>61808389
no
no
not everything, some genres are not my style. I give a try to all genres I come across
i quietly think they are plebs
i have them
i dont think i have them
its not the genres fault, its the artists. Like post-skrillex dubstep is mostly humorous
I dont have album so songs alone are all over with genres, shoegaze, noisy, industrial hip hop, just acoustic guitar with vocals, idk idc
it is but the genre hardly moves from the spot, if you dont connect it with some pop/rock structures like Pharmakon you mostly have this no direction volume of sounds, that if you dont want to sample it, is otherwise unenjoyable as a music. As Ive read somewhere: noise is for people who make noise
>>
File: crying-normanreedus.gif (726KB, 245x153px) Image search: [Google]
crying-normanreedus.gif
726KB, 245x153px
>at DJ/Rave show
>shitfaced girl starts dancing around me
>kinda into it
>start dancing with her
>some guy grabs my arm
>"stop dancing with my girl"
>"control your bitch then"
His face when he realized his gf was an out of control whore

Don't bring girls to concerts and get them all liquored up.
Their inner succubus whore will awaken, and the hunger for cock will never be satisfied.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.